"Education, training, consulting, and coaching for the best and the brightest in professional selling."
Papers and Posts
The subsequent papers and posts serve the purpose of documenting and sharing my observations and insights following extensive research and considerable experience in the domain of professional selling (with an emphasis on belief, context, and distinction).
The content selected for publication within these papers and posts reflect the patterns of representation (i.e., content), meaning (i.e., process), attitude (i.e., state), possibility (i.e., routine), volition (e.g., intention), and performance (i.e., execution), which I believe to be central to a successful (i.e., ecological, effective) and professional sales practice (i.e., outcome).
The content is practitioner oriented and tends to the academic in style and presentation. Topics for discussion are organized into five primary categories:
- Promotion and Prospecting (e.g., networking, cold calling, direct mail)
- Personal Selling Skills (e.g., approach, discovery, presentation, resistance, closing)
- Interpersonal Skills (e.g., people skills, communication skills)
- Self-management (e.g., self-motivation, self-discipline, self-assessment)
- Personal Development (e.g., critical thinking, transformative learning, self-actualization)
Applying what you learn from these pages and posts to a particular purpose (practical application) tends to facilitate and solidify learning. Viewing content through a perceptual filter of "purpose" sets a frame ("Directed to a specific end") for learning that is more likely to lead to actualization than had you done otherwise. With that in mind, to get maximum benefit from the content I recommend that you (1) read each page and/or post with a specific end held in mind (frame of reference) and then (2) put it to use towards that specific end; the sooner the better.