The New Rules of Selling - The New Way to Sell
- It seems like every year there is someone trying to convince salespeople of the new rules of selling or the new way to sell as if there current selling skills were suddenly obsolete? Do you believe effective selling skills are in jeopardy of sudden obsolescence?
If you could lie about your product
- I'm doing this for the sake of understanding sales.
If you could lie about anything about your product, any amount of thing about your product, what would you lie about to have people buy from you at a 90% rate.
This can include price, features, your identity...
Top Sales Associates
- Do most companies you know of name and announce top sales associates on a periodic (monthly/annual) basis and/or offer top sales awards or other performance based recognition?
How to dig deeper into your customers pockets!
- I recently stumbled across an article discussing ways to dig deeper into your customer's pocket. The author was referring to retailers finding additional ways to gain a bigger slice of their customer's shopping budgets. What tips do you have for digging deeper into your...
Is Lying the Only Form of Dishonesty in Communication?
- The topic is sales on SalesPractice. I realize this thread's topic covers a broader area. Of course, we're not talking about stealing or cheating,etc. Dishonesty as a communication tool--that's the subject?
Are there other forms in addition to lying?
- I do door 2 door sales, I have a question if i cover more territory say 50 to 60 houses a day 6 days a week that would give me 240 prospects a month by increasing my sales volume i could possible increase my sales per month. I just started with this company they sale...
The Time to be Objective
- All perceptions are subjective.
The topic came up in a recent conversation I had with a retired teacher. We were discussing whether people who lack good communication skills also are lacking in comprehension skills. We decided that, although we knew people who were...
Sales relationship mysteriously sours... help!
- Hi All,
After 10 years of selling I'm unsure where to go with this so here goes:
Attempting to become an endorsed b2b resource to an association with dozens of facilities in it - not huge, but very targeted to our service. Initial conversations with the well-connected...
an ISP needing some advise
- Hi All,
I'm the owner of an ISP who provides internet to residents , however one thing we dont seem to understand is why everyone we speak to isn't jumping at what we have to offer.
Before I continue, I am about to mention what we offer but will not mention my company...
Getting into gas and electric sales
- I have been selling things for about 7 years now, but have not yet gotten into deregulated gas/electric. My customer service room ive been managing is now moving into gas/electric - which basically gives customers the opportunity to enter into price war. In other words, we...
2012, best year ever?
- With all this talk of depressed markets in most industries what are the top 5 things that will ensure success in a tough market place?
I will be asking my sales teams to focus on:
Make sure our sales process has a good amount of analysis and valid advice in the solution...
- I am an in home replacement Window sales Rep looking for some feedback in creating urgency for a one call close. Some time early on in the presentation after a good warm up and talking about my company i tell the prospect that i'm here today to discuss window options with...
What are soft skills?
- The phrase "soft skills" came up in discussion earlier today. (1) How do you define soft skills and (2) What importance do you place on soft skills in personal selling?
Need professional advice on our sales tactics
- Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. Hopefully, there willbe some people that will be nice enough to assist me with a problem that I am having right now.
I work in the razor wire industry. The company I work for is one of the largest manufactuers of...
Pre-need Cemetary sales
- Hi, I'm Mike
I've recently started a position at a Memorial Garden(cemetary) as a Family Counselor(sales rep) and I'm looking for advice with establishing appointments from phone calls, building rapport, objection handling and closing.
The thing with the products/service...
I want to become a master
- I am young, 20, and have been in sales since I started selling candy at my school at age 12.
I have no formal training. I work for a great start-up company and have been doing well.
However....I want to become great. What books or materials do you recommend? Obviously it...
Life Insurance - The Hard Sell.
- Hey all,
I'm looking for a bit of advice from anyone who's willing to give it!
I recently took up a job for an outsourced telemarketing company selling life insurance to existing customers of a major bank. The set up is that we're essentially cold calling people as a...
Could Use Some Advice
- I am currently cold calling on newspaper publishers and ad managers. My company generates them revenue through a direct mail piece that their sales staff sells and bills. We take care of everything else.
The intial call I try to get them on a 15 minute webinar, which...
- My company sells energy home improvements (HVAC, windows, insulation, etc.) to people purchasing/refinancing a home, using a government home loan program; the buyer may finance the total cost into the home loan, which allows these improvements to pay for themselves...
Future Car Salesman in need of REAL HELP (IMPORTANT!)
- Hello folks I cannot find an introduction section so my name is Michale and I'm starting a car sales job next week in CA. I do not have any sales background at all and I never sold any cars before. I joined this forum to learn advice from the pros and to ask help from any...
How can i get online sales statistics?
- I 'm new member and would like to do business online.Does anyone can help me in searching online sales statistics?
I don't have background in business which is why i need help regarding this.
What does Upside spend to exposure mean?
- I'm running a sales contest/promotion for my account's direct sales channel. The sales contest will provide prizes after a 4 week period for reps with the most sales of my product AND the store that has the largest % of sales of my product over all stores.
I know my cost...
Like a Dutch Uncle
- Are you familiar with The Peter Principle? You should be if you want to hang out on a business forum. If not, here's a one sentence tutorial: The Peter Principle states that "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence."
You see that in...
On Objections and The Art of Strategy
- The Art of War, written over 2500 years ago, remains the definitive treatise on strategy in all areas of life. Contrary to common belief, the writings were about preventing war by preparing for war. Sun Tzu wrote his words at a time when his land knew nothing but war for...
Anyone Can Sell
- Anyone can sell, but do you have what it takes to find new business?
What is your prospecting plan?
Sit by the phone and wait for it to ring?
Network - online and offline?
Advice for the Saleslorn 1
- I've seen hundreds of of requests for help on how to open a conversation with a prospective buyer. Many such requests come from newbies assigned the task of "cold calling."
Those of us who are experienced, successful, and able to provide guidance, will quickly--almost...
- "The 'obvious' should be compelling, and that thought embraces the true nature of CLOSING."
Do you agree with that statement?
Do you understand that statement?
Is that statement something you consider worth giving some thought to?
- Walter Lippmann who was on President Woodrow Wilson's Committee on Public Information (Public Relations) once said,
"If the public escapes its marginalization and passivity, we face a 'crisis of democracy' that must be overcome...and to prevent this catastrophe, we must...
- In your opinion, how can a SWOT analysis be effectively used in personal selling?
How Do You Get Your Groove Back???
- This is my third year in sales with my first year being my best to date. The last two have been abysmal and basically I have just lost trust in my self and the process.
I don't want to quit but I am also tired of having no success.
Has anybody found themselves in this...
Should you take REJECTION personally?
- I have a question...
...but here's the deal.
Before you answer, please forget everything you've been told about this, everything some sales trainer said, what some book advised, or, what your boss told you. Answer it from deep down where you REALLY...
What am I missing in my opening?
- I've been doing sales for a while now and sometimes I have a tendency to overlook the simple things. Please let me know what I am missing in this opening. ( Everything I state in my opening is 100% true)
" The reason for my call is, our company has developed the "worlds"...
- In your experience, what are some of the myths regarding the field of sales or sales reps in general?
sales scripts vs "winging it"
- Do you think sales scripts have lost their effectiveness as far as getting the person on the end of the phone interested in your product or service, and in YOU? I've worked in a few different sales jobs and I've come across some awful scripts and it seems the best...
Start up company struggling
My name is Jeremy and I am having a problem with sales and marketing strategies for a security guard firm. Some approaches would be to mail and email letters about our services. That failed. Then we went about to visit and it became a 'solicitation' issue; we are...
Sales advice!! Urgent..!
- Hi there guys!
This gonna b a long story,here goes... My name is fadhli from Singapore. Currently my partners and I just started a company on web solutions eg. Web design, software development, SEO and etc. Currently I am being assign as the person in charge of sales. To be...
- If you could only sell an average product, can you do it? How will you get and stay motivated?
Need some opinions on a script
- So I am working for a guy that just started this site called postproject and we are trying to get it rolling right now but are having a little trouble getting contractors to sign up so I thought it would be smart to start with a script at least. any feedback is appreciated!...
needing resources for a less than common sales situation
- Hi all. I'm a new user and i plan on doing some time on this forum and soaking up as much of its (incredible) value as I possibly can.
Here's my situation:
I'm 24 years old, I live in NYC and I've been blessed with a position of great moneymaking potential for this...
Whoops, my bad. Should I apologize for a bad voicemail?
- I only have 1 week of telephone marketing under my belt, but I am a quick study and I have total confidence in my companies service and product.
The other day while calling a 'warm' lead, of all things, I think my mind took off to places unknown.
I knew what to say to...
Any suggestions on how to improve my calls?
- I offer window tinting services to residential customers... mainly. Every now and then commercial projects come up, but I don't actively go after them. (Another issue all together)
One of the things I am trying to do for '08 is to partner up with more interior decorators....
How do you respond when someone asks for a business card?
- When you are in a face to face interaction with a prospect during a cold call and they ask you for a business card how do you respond?
Do you immediately give them a card and let them run away?
Do you try to continue the conversation?
Often when someone asks for a...
Call cycle plan
- I am looking at untertaking and maintaining a regular call cycle plan as a rep for a company that distributes to retail and oem markets.
I was after some advice on how to go about this, I am hoping to get a few different bits of advice so that I can evaluate them to see...
The hypocritical prospect
- I have noticed recently the large number of prospect contacts (I am calling SMEs) who are refusing point blank to take sales calls. The hypocracy however, is that these same people employ sales people like me to call their prospects but see nothing strange in their...
Starting car sales - where to begin?
- I have 4 year of experience in sales so essentially to speak to those who walk on the lot I just need product knowledge and an adaptation from my old sales to my new style of sales.
Considering this, I'm on a new dealership meaning customers are very far and few...
Selling to Unlikeable People
- Ever had a customer that was just plain mean and insulting to you, or perhaps something about their personality rubs you the wrong way? Yet at the same time, that person may make some small purchases. But you doubt whether the frustration and heartache is worth the measly...
what are the sales techniques to sell in retail market
- Dear All,
First of all i would like to tell that am very glad to join sales practice and training am new to this community. and my question is am new in sales and am in to selling fresh fruits in mini retail markets, for example i have to Rome market to market to make...
Bribe in the market
- Dear All ,
I am very new person in to sales i am dealing with fresh fruits and vegetables daily am approaching new customers but the market here is full of bribe or purchasing managers have there relatives to supply them fruits and vegs. in this conditions what should i do...
Introduction to clients!
I'm new to telemarketing and I want to know how can I make more efficient calls with right introduction. Right now I'm concentrated on a debt consolidation, but I always used to take a big names of banks or financial organizations to attract consumers. But how I can...
Just Started in IT Sales
- Hi Guys,
I have just as of Monday started a career with an IT company as a salesman. I will be selling various pieces of software and maintenance contracts.
However, the company I have started with are very hands on and believe in leaving salespeople to their own devices...
Deceptive sales techniques
- Where should one draw the line when it comes to selling? Is slipping a brief sales pitch in at a social luncheon, which I am hosting, with friends or aquaintances a bit below the belt?
I personally have found this very tempting, yet cannot justify it. I feel...
Where to start?
- Hello, i recently got a job club promoting, basically just one of those guys handing out flyers in the street. But I am paid on commission only and we don't just hand them out we have to sell them. It is an event in southbeach, fifty for guys thirty for girls two hours...
Want or Do?
- In your opinion, is the role of a saleperson centered on influencing a prospect to WANT or to DO?
Yes, No, and Maybe
- Let's discuss those positions as they relate to selling. I'll start with the following and pick it up as it goes:
My father told me when I was a boy that the most powerful word in our language has two letters: N O.
I formed a belief in later years that NO is a...
- In my last job to make commission you needed to make 10k in sales for a month. That seemed reasonable (but I had little to compare it off of). My question is how come the commission rate didn't increase if you made 20k in sales a month? Is that unusual for a sales job?
From law to sales
- Hey fellas,
I'm (yet again) contemplating changing gears, and I would really appreciate some honest input.
I'm currently enrolled at a great law school and performed well my first semester, but I'm beginning to have doubts as to whether I actually want to spend the rest...
The trouble with looking for a sale right now...
- Why is it that so many sales people have a NOW obsession?
If you don’t get a yes right now then you still have a prospect for the future and the more of those you have the less cold calling or prospecting you have to do.
If you adopt that mindset you’ll actually sell more...
How to be a one-call closer?
- Is it something all just dream of, or does anyone have any tried and true methods, no matter what the product(intangibles too)?:cu
Agree or Disagree
- In a closed thread by Sharon Drew Morgen, she wrote the following:I believe that our current sales model of solution placement and needs analysis, combined with all of the capability now available to buyers on the net (which in many cases co-opts our jobs), is making our...
The guys who earn millions....
- I understand about 1% of salespeople in major account selling earn close to or break one million dollars per year earnings. Most sales training and books I read focus on developing salespeople into top 10-20% performers, so I'm just wondering what it is about the absolute...
Now go sell something!
- Several times in the past I heard others recount stories about the "training" they received in a sales job that went something along the lines of... there is your desk, there is the white pages, now go sell something. What do you think... Urban legend or reality?
Car sales word tracks
- In "Confessions of a Car Salesman" specific phrases called "Word Tracks" which are to be used throughout conversations were mentioned. Would you use predetermined phrases or word tracks in your sales conversations?
Contacting potential clients the 2nd/3rd time
- If you contact them at least 3 months later do you think you will be equally or less successful than if you contact new potential clients then? If less approximately by how much?
Timeshare Resale Closers !
I would like to hear from anyone thats in or been in this business. Can you give details on what the position entails? I think they may expect you to one call close. Im not sure if youre supposed to try and get money to list the Timeshare or try to buy it cheap and...
Play by Play - Belly Up!
- Hi there, Does anyone have any links or references to some good audio or transcripts of some actual belly to belly professional deals being made? Wow, that would be awesome and very helpful to hear some deals go down. I have lots of sales audio programs but none of them...
- Hello everyone,
Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this message, I really appreciate it.
I'm looking for some sales advice, and hope the great and the good on this board might just be able to help me find some better insight.
I work for a small UK start-up...
Question about selling software support plan
- Hello to everyone, it has been a while since I last contributed. I have a new career working for a software company as an Inside Sales rep. My main duty involves calling customers that own the software and offering them an Annual Support and Maintenance program.
Beginner in Advertising Sales - Please Help!
- Hi everyone,
I'm starting my own advertising company and trying to learn the basics of selling.
I have few questions about needs discovery. The point of needs discovery is to point out hidden needs of the prospect that he might not aware of otherwise. Am I correct?
The Depth of Qualifying: Your Expertise Needed
- The subject of qualifying is a source of great debate and to a degree, everyone is right. There are the obvious values on the checklist like authority, budget, need, and time frame. Then there’s the stuff beneath the surface, the instinctual things like personality type and...
The "Pushy" Salesman
- Howdy Everybody!
I'd love to present myself with a flashy introduction as to who I am and what I sell but I think we can all just acknowledge me here as a flesh and blood creature with a miraculous instrument which allows me think, rationalize, and SELL! (of course: )
Selling Private Medical Insurance
- I am UK based but I guess this question covers anywhere in the world right now.
Is Private Medical Insurance a good product to be selling in the current economic climate? I have been given an opportunity to work on a commission only basis for one of the top 5 PMI...
- Some Questions:
How important are techniques in selling?
Why do you believe that?
What techniques do you use?
Which techniques do you wish you had available?
What is your greatest fear?
- Since I started in sales I have felt that it is one thing over all else that keeps salesmen from succeeding, Fear.
That is why I want to ask the people of this forum, what you fear? And what you think others fear?
Your customers? Getting a no? Ruining a great report by...
Need some help
- I'm having a lot of trouble lately in selling, I'll explain my product and market.
I sell home security door-to-door
The market has been massively saturated as far as I know because everybody has had a door-to-door salesman at their place before.
Lately I haven't been able...
Agents of Change
- Do you believe salespeople are agents of change? If so, why do you believe this?
Are All Sales Folks Created Equal?
- After your Sales People have sat through your training day in and day out and week after week you have imparted all your wonderful SALES and product KNOWLEDGE upon your hand picked sales staff. Do you believe then, your sales team should all go forth and sale! Of course...
I'm Failing Due to Severe Call Reluctance
- I honestly don't know what to do, I am glowing bright red with call reluctance. I know what I need to do, I convince myself I'll do it, but when I arrive at the industrial park, I can't get out of the car. I rationalize (although not rational) a way to escape the...
Today's Sales/Marketing Issues
- Hi All,
I'm doing some research into current issues within sales, and am looking for some insight.
It's pretty common knowledge that there is a lack of communication between sales and marketing departments in most companies, but what are some specific issues that need to...
Opportunities in a Tight Market
I had someone ask me an interesting question the other day and I thought I'd post it to the Forum to get some comments.
The question posed to me by Scott was :
How do you identify more opportunities in a market where clients are spending less and are not prepared to...
Life insurance sales techniques
- I am interested in learning how to sell life insurance. I would appreciate any suggestions as to good books, training materials, scripts, objections/responses, etc.
personal sales coach ?
- Hi Everyone
Any tips on how to choose the right coach or any recommendations based on your personal experience.
Wishing you all a happy healthy New Year
Competing in Sales
- How do you view the nature of competing in sales, and what does it take to win against the competition on a consistent basis?
is my company the right one
- Hi Everyone
Its nice to be back
when looking to join a company Do certain products have a limit to what the sales man can grow.
Municipal Contract - how to qualify?
- I have a municipal prospect that has consistently let out a general broad-based RFP for the past couple of years of which we have not gotten. Interesting thing is that this is supposedly a 3-yr contract but they are letting it out once again for the third time in 2...
- I was wondering if anyone could think of a good pitch for me. The one I have now is definately too long. I have a coupon book where I try to get small businesses to put a coupon in it and then I send out 50,000 copies to businesses for customers to take for free. The...
How to Sell 100,000,000 in 3 easy steps
- My son is working with a gentleman right now who is retired from a 100,000,000 of annual sales and gave the business to his son.
He really likes my son and my son is now his agent for all his property insurance, Life Insurance and the like. Everyday my son is given...
- Has anyone reach a point where you don't have anything to say to your customer/client when you are paying your routine visits?
My boss wants us to make frequent visits to "make our presence felt". I really felt that it is meaningless when you just go for the sake of...
- Question: How many open opportunities do you have at any point in time?
I range from 185 to 215.
A Perspective for Every Business Owner
- "Nobody who bought a drill actually wanted a drill. They wanted a hole. Therefore, if you want to sell drills, you should advertise information about making holes - NOT information about drills!"
High pressure salesmanship
- What is high-pressure salesmanship? How can a salesman be aggressive without using high-pressure tactics?
I need help in tele sales.
- I work in an equity research company.Our company recommends 1 equity stock to our customers per month.The subscription runs for 1 year.Our mode of selling is through telecalling people.My problem is that people ask for free trial before buying.How to deal with these...
What's the best piece of sales advice you've ever been given?
- Hi All,
I'm a brand new member here and loving browsing the archives!
I own a salon and my mother passed down a piece of sales advice that has always tuck with me
"Two ears, one mouth - use them in that proportion" After all, people love to talk about themselves...
How to sell when you have no experience!
- "How long have you been in business?"
This is a dreaded question if the sales person dodges dealing with it up front. Look, if the company is relatively new you must SELL the benefits of the people who started it or you are DEAD!
Do not wait until it comes up as it is a...
A question for people new(ish) to sales
- If we were to pretend that success in sales was achieved by only being excellent at:
-building rapport & relationships
-asking good questions
Which one of these areas have you found hardest to get good at? Is it because you haven't found good...
Top Salesman are they born or created?
- Here is an interesting topic that probably has been brought up before. I know a large part of sales is attitude and ability, some of which i think is natural. Obviously you can train people to sell but, i think there are certain abilities that top salesman naturally know....
The Sales Cycle
- In your own sales practice do you divide the Sales Cycle into different steps or processes and if you do how has this helped you?
You have to walk BEFORE you can run
- Hello forum. Today was/is my first (real) day selling door to door. I was so nervous. Up until today I had gone out with no goal, I just knocked on a few doors and called it a day. But I realized that I was missing setting up a goal.
So I set one up.... Knock on 60 doors...
Overcharging for service and product?
- What is overcharging? I have read several times in forum threads here and in other sites where overcharging is mentioned. I wonder what is overcharging in the sales professionals mind. Tell us what you think is overcharging and why.
B2C sales people come out of the woodwork and let's get talking!
- Just about every sales forum/site is dominated by B2B sales people. Understandable to an extent but there are plenty of B2C people out there who do a difficult and demanding job. Sales books/CDS from most well known authors are nearly all about B2B and it would be great...
Best advice for a rookie?
- Hi everybody currently i am a freshman in college studying marketing. I hope to one day start my own business or become a top notch sales person. What would be the best advice for somebody like me. I really appreciate all of your thoughts and ideas.
Nonchalant vs. Excitement?
- Should you be nonchalant or excited when you prospect, present, and close sales? Also, if both methods work which would you prefer?
The top rep in our team advised me to be nonchalant in the sales process and I'm a very nonchalant type of guy so I can relate to this...
Take a moment to read my script?
- I usually like to freestyle when I sell however I'm taking on this new sales position selling marketing for real estate agents, so I created a script. I've been here for 2 weeks without a single sale. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...Some of the people in my initial...
The most under-utilized word in the sales vocabulary
- Again this is based upon my car sales experience.
I've found that the most dominating and seldomly used word in the sales consultants vocabulary is the word "No". Now it can not be used all the time, but there are a lot of instances where saying NO is probably the most...
Help with a sales plan please
- Hi all
I havent been here in ages, I've been doing my MSc, but am back job hunting again.
My background is as a specialist scientist of 6 years with a paltry 5 months clinical sales experience.
I'm at 2nd stage interview for a Key Accounts Managers role in the clinical...
Your number 1 sales tip
- This topic is designed purely for quicktip information.
What is your #1 sales tip to everybody who reads this?
Please discuss the #1 deciding factor when it comes to your sales success, if there's one thing you could tell a salesman that you feel could change his life...
- Have any of you done door-to-door?
personally I do alarm systems, I have about 1-2 sales a day and I hit 0s about 20% of the time or so, is this good? considering the price is 44.99 a month with a $99 activation over 3 years? how do you think the product, price and method...
Any advice on those new to sales?
- I've been working at an inbound call center for a retailer who sells Dish Network and ADT security. I'm currently selling Dish, and if I do well enough over a period of time, I will have the opportunity to move up to ADT security. Before this job, I'd never sold before. I...
Anyone made mistakes like me?
- Hi Everyone,
I'm writing a report called "My Biggest Sales Mistakes On and Offline' mainly because I've made loads and it always helps to learn from others!
Would anyone be prepared to share some of their mistakes from early days in this business on or offline?
Gas And Electric Sales
- I have been in sales about 2 years now. And 3 months ago i recentley started a sales job door to door knocking.
The industry is gas and electricity to residential customers.
The commision structure is difficult to understand and you do not get paid deals unless the...
I MUST keep new telesales job, general advice needed
- 22 year old British male here, completely new to sales of all kinds.
I've just spent four days at a new full-time job, three days being training and just one on the phones all day. This job is tuff and I have yet to make my first sale but need to start getting six a day...
Little Help Please - Who Owns The Client?
- Hi Folks,
I need a little help to see whether or not I was right.
A friend of mine is a saleswoman on straight commission, and due poor treatment, she is about to pack up and go to another company, basically one of her current employer's competitors.
She asked me how much...
Who Sets Performance Objectives Like This?
- Imagine for a moment you have been given the task of calling all of your current customers to review the account they have with you. As part of the review you are expected to educate the customer on how best to use your product and suggest ways they might do more business...
- are there any particulars that will go into building trust with a prospect? if done effectively, what is the time curve for this process? ;bg
Need advice on Entering Telecom/IT sales
- Hey guys,
I'm a current marketing student who's really interested in entering the sales aspect of the Telecom industry, particularly the B2B side and would love to learn from some of the community's sales pros in Telecom or even IT networking.
My big question is...
Who is your biggest competitor?
- In my study of human behavior, I have found that once someone makes a decision, they tend to stick with it. For me, that translates into the STATUS QUO - what they are already doing - as being my biggest competitor.
How do you overcome the status quo?
The 10/80/10 rule
- This is something I strongly believe in and it works in a variety of situations. It's something I have noticed those newer to sales, have a difficult time with.
The 10/80/10 rule states simply:
10% of your customers will be hard
10% of your customers will be easy
Sales Answer - Do you believe?
- While surfing sales blogs I found a post that was titled, "Do you believe?". The first part of the post is in quotes below:
What helpful information can be gleaned from this quote?
How do YOU build the BtoB bond?
- What are some of the things YOU do to initiate the first bonding and rapport with prospects that either come in warm or are tracked down cold?
It seams no other step in the sales process can be completed without a good rapport and trust developed. I always find it that I...
Make More Money By Not Answering Your Phone
- If you answer your cell phone anytime a prospect calls, unless you work in an office taking prospect calls, then you will be caught off guard compared to if you are the one who initiates the call. Besides that, if you do answer your cell phone during work hours you might be...
Learn to sell by not trying to sell.
- This topic has been brought about different forums but it is something that should be repeated to help some of our newer memebers develop into successful sales consultants.
1st and formost, you are not a sales person, you are a sales consultant. People hate to have...
Any one else notice...
- that the market seems to be turning again? Wondering if its just here in the region, if its just a hiccup or if it is actually starting to rebound. Over night my dealership went from 2-3 units a day to 9-12 units a day and it's been consistent for the past 4 days. I've...
Brian Tracy - Advanced Selling Strategies...a little confused
- I'm currently reading Advanced Selling Strategies by Brian Tracy and enjoying it thoroughly. As a matter of fact, one day I was feeling down and my attitude was in the slums. I had one more callback that night and I had made no sales that day.
I read a few paragraphs of...
Just received this. Now what would you do next?
"Thank you so much for participating in the Branded Attire RFP for XYZ Company. Based on comparison of the many, many responses to the RFP we have chosen other candidates to go forward with that more closely...
Do you curse your Sales job?
- Hello Friends! This question is aimed to have all your kind feedback, only for reasons to understand different prespectives about our Job SALES.
This question is rolling since the recession started & as it is becomming more difficult to convert leads into orders.
Are you talking too much?
- When listening or reading what someone has to say, my attention span is short..................
The good book says 'A fool is known by his multiude of words'
When someone talks to much, my thinking heads in the direction of 'self absorbed', self important' or...
New Phone script
- As some of you know, the phone is my weakest area. Have new script I want to try to see if I can convert more of my phone contacts to F2F meetings. Let me know what you think.
"Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, this is John with Clark Chevrolet, how are you doing...
Ok Still need some help..
- Here's a break down of Last month for you guys so you get general idea.
52 (72% of my contacts)
20 (27% of my contacts)
Total Contacts 72
Myths and Legends
- Myth #1;
People buy solutions.
There is an example on this forum saying that people do not buy benefits, they by solutions to problems. It gives an example of a person who buys a car because the car they had is no longer reliable. So, by acquiring a new car, with a...
How to increase appointments made to appointments kept?
- First off, I am in automotive sales. We get leads generated via email and phone-ups. Now typical lead we call the cutomer and get information on vehicle they are wanting and set-up an appointment so they can come in. I average 10-15 leads a day, and usually convert 90%...
Evaluating a Niche
- Hi all, I believe I may have found a new niche for my product and was wondering what are some best practices in fully exploring the niche further.
How do you go about qualifying or even quantifying the potential of a market and whether it makes sense to purchase a list and...
Looking for a Mentor to help in Building A Sales Orginization
- I am looking for someone that has experience in building an independent contractor based sale orginization. We are looking to expand our reach and have decided the best way for us is to use IC's. I've been one myself a couple of times in the past and have the basic outline...
Becoming a sales rep at an IT company
- Hey guys, I'm an advertising student who is especially interested in going into sales after I graduate, particularly at an IT company. After looking around, I have noticed that a lot of these companies often want their sales reps to have a technical degree backgrounds but...
Engaging the prospect in auto sales.
- Here is the scenario... you work as a sales person at an automobile dealership. A prospective buyer drives up and starts looking around at the different vehicles. What next steps do you recommend with the goal being to engage the prospect in meaningful dialogue?
Need Opinion from Experts!
- Hey guys!
In my process to learn more about this craft we call sales I have been watching videos on youtube. Ive looked at people from Zig Ziglar to unknowns. One of the videos that really caught my attention (not just his personality) is some guy named Claud Diamond (not...
Do Salespeople Tend to Talk Too Much?
- When considering the group of sales people as a whole, do you think salespeople tend to talk too much? I'm interested in your poll vote and also your comments. Please share...
Who would you hire?
- Understanding a prospect for me is about seeing what ideology they have. I use this question sometimes to get a window into the core of my prospects, as I sell to those responsible for increasing sales.
You, on the other hand, might be more interested in this question...
In honour of 30,00 posts - an exciting article
- In the 90's many cried out about their new sales strategies, beating their drums in a cry for their own self importance. There was even a book published with this title;
"Selling in the Nineties!"
Then we rolled into a new millennium and, sure enough, history...
I did 2 visit close and a one call close today.
- A little share of my day as a salesman. A one call close and a two call close:
I did a 2 call close today and let me share how it went down, this was my best try at this and I executed the contract on my 2nd visit:
Showed up on time at 4:30 on Friday (yesterday) and the...
The Changing Face of Automotive & Bank Services Selling
- I would like to open a discussion about the changes in the automotive and bank services markets right now.
The current economic climate, while damaging all industries, is certainly hitting those two areas with a pretty big hammer.
As professionals in those fields, or...
2009...best year ever?
- With all this talk of depressed markets in most industries what 2 things will ensure success in a tough market place?
I will be asking my sales teams to focus on:
Make sure our sales process has a good amount of analysis and valid advice in the solution proposal so that...
Where do you draw the line?
- Market segment is b2c selling cars and trucks to consumers. Where do you draw the line between helping people buy and selling?
Good Targetted Traffic But Zero Sales
i am glad i found this great community. I have been having problems with one of my affiliate sales since a week. We run a PPC campaign and are getting good traffic from buyers interested in the product. The product is in the bodybuilding niche. But we are facing the...
When Is It Okay To Lie To Make A Sale?
- A very unusual subject, but a very important one. Here's the rub. Everyone in sales has lied to a potential customer at least once. Now, before you get indignant and send me millions of e-mails, hear me out. Unfortunately for the salesperson, most of the salespersons are...
Interesting Sales Question
- I have a question and would just like to see the responses it might produce. Imagine that you're a widget salesperson. After doing some preliminary work you realize that while your widget is good and would adequately fulfill the prospect's needs, your competitor's version...
A scenario I'm dealing with right now
- A customer was pitched on our product (business machines) two months ago and his board of directors told him he couldn't go forward - it is a non profit organization. He decided instead to move one machine from another city against our advice that he not do so.
How to build a sales team?
- Hi, name's Mike.
I've recently started up a computer game outsourcing company. Our company consists of 3 Ukranian game development studios who have various game development expertise & have helped several clients build excellent 2D & 3D games with their services.
How would you have handled this differently?
- I recently visited a car dealership, since I am in the market for a new car in the coming months. I got the experience of selling from the other side of the desk.
I would like to describe my experience (which was mondane--at BEST) and open a discussion on how this...
- hi, i m a personal trainers,as i ve said before, it was suggested to me, to perhaps give a letter in to a few solicitors, inviting them for a few free sessions in an attempt of gaining some clientelle.
as i said i m a trainer,so when someone buys from me, its going to be...
What makes a Sale?
- Wanted to begin a post on ideas of how is a sale created? What does the sales person have to do to have the sale occur?
Not Business As Usual
- Many salespeople are reporting that it is taking them twice as long to close a sale as compared to 2007. They also agree that there are fewer deals and, therefore, the need for them to close the deals that are in the pipeline is more acute. Certainly customers will not...
Don't lose the last 60 years!
- In 1951 a 22 year old man with more guts that schooling started a company in England. He did not know any better so he did what sales people of the day were NOT taught to do for very good reason; prospect by phone. It worked.
By December 1961 this man had moved his young...
The all too common disparity of pay in sales.
- If you are a true sales professional you may not have ever thought of this before. That is because you make more from commissions than a base salary, a lot more. But this is a subject that is very interesting indeed.
Let’s take a slice of life example from a large...
Marketing and Selling Workshop to IT Professionals
- I want to have between 7-10 people purchase a 1-day workshop to improve customer service for IT services. The cost is $495. There are 100 potential prospects all who are familiar with the company and its products.
Should I send an email w/ a link to the workshop to...
Is it Ever Okay to Be Pushy?
- Here's a question to ponder and then share your thoughts with the salespractice community:
Is it ever okay for a sales person to be pushy? If so, when? If not, why not?
Is "okay" defined by whether it works or not, or some principle of ethics? If so, what is that...
- I work in the channel sales and its been difficult for me to recruit new partners. I work with the south central like AR or TX and its hard to find high tech IT partners. What is a great way to get new partners? and how do I approach them so that they'll listen to me and...
The best way to sell knives?
- As I am in the search of a part time sales job during school I have an opportunity to sell knives and would like a few suggestions to become better at it. Thank you for all of your input it is greatly appreciated.
Your best sale
- I question that I'd asked in the past when interviewing sales people, was "What was your best sale?". I don't mean the biggest. What I mean is, on what sale(s) did you use what you consider the best application of your sales skills ?
I found that a great many sales...
Is attending college sales training classes the better option?
- There are colleges that offer sales training classes. Do you think this is a better option that sales training by Dale Carnegie or Sandler? What do you think the difference is between them?
Some people say sales training doesn't work because of work atmosphere and lack of...
Calling all Pro's...
- We're a small business in a vertical market (Direct Mail Production), and have only one salesman. We've had a few (that's fodder for another post), and we've got a reputation as a high quality, professional organization.
There is an account we would like to break, but...
- When sales are down or slow, it’s natural for salespeople to feel pressure and concern. Few salespeople are shown any empathy. Most are told to “work harder!” One salesperson told me his sales manager’s solution. “Don’t let me see you in the office. Get out there!”
- I want to put forth a few questions on sales effectiveness to the sales training community.
How do you define sales effectiveness?
How do you measure sales effectiveness?
How do you improve sales effectiveness?Thank you in advance for your replies.
How to ask for life insurance business
- How do I exactly ask people to take out an insurance policy from me without being ashamed and pushy. What exactly should I talk to friends and relatives when I meet them in party and marraiges and social functions to take out an insurance ploicy from me without being...
Number of rings for incoming sales calls
I want to know what the reasonable and acceptable number of rings is for incoming sales calls before the call is answered.
I ask this because my Boss only wants 1 ring before the phone is answered or he blows his top and I just think that only 1 ring allowed is...
Out of town buyers having friends look at homes.
- Out of town buyers have friends in the area and ask those friends to look at homes they see advertised. I was talking to one of those friends this morning and told her I'd like to talk with or at least exchange emails with the buyer so I could get an understand of the...
any vacuum sales pros out there
I just started as a vacuum cleaner salesman, but unfortunately have no one in the area I'm working to train and build me up to be one of the greats in this industry. I've tried to go and canvass door to door but people just don't seem to be receptive to my message. ...
Sales/ Marketing Business Start-up Advice
I'm steadily plodding along in a dead-end marketing/sales job with flexible hours and have decided to work the hours and try to
launch my own marketing/sales business.
Any suggestions on how to find prospects willing to pay for such a service. I've seen a number of...
How does one find a good sales mentor?
- Hello to all,
I've recently started a game development outsourcing company with myself and a partner. As CEO and frontman, I am also by default the Chief Sales Officer and lead salesman.
I'm now starting on my first few sales, and loving the process thmbp2;, but I've...
Seeking REAL sales advice
I've recently just entered into sales and am enjoying it and want to improve and make it into a career. At the moment Im telemarketing for a major telecommunications company and am seeking advice on techniques for improving sales performance.
Though I am new at...
Need help please
- Good Morning Everyone! I posted a little bit about myself in the new members section. What I'm looking for is some help. I am a one call closer selling windows. Right now I use the Mike Mason Window Man system and 10 steps to affordability.
What I am looking for a more...
What do you think is the worst mistake one can make in sales
- In my opinion, I feel the biggest mistake I can make from a sales/relationship perspective is getting someone's name wrong. Not just calling them the wrong name, but spelling it incorrectly in a correspondence, or completely forgetting it in person.
I have a HORRIBLE...
Your Special Talent/Gift/Skill/Strength
- In one sentence, what would you say is your biggest selling asset? (the single thing that you think you are best at as a salesperson).
Here's your chance to announce to the world what your special talent/gift/skill/strength is. Please - let's see if we can all practice...
- I found a sales funnel report today that used these categories. Are these the categories most people are using?
The new mortgage industry
- There is a new niche in the mortgage industry and it's "loan modification." A lot of ppl all across the country are going into foreclosure because of the recasting of their home loan. Their rates adjust (up mostly) and ppl can no longer afford their monthly obligations.
Sales Position Title Name?
Im planning to change the position title nameof my sales staff and sales manager. little bit about our product. We are selling the Document Management System.
It is a software application where help the user to handle their document in more efficiency and...
Being A Success In Retail
- I have a job interview with best buy during the next week and I want to be success in a job I think I would really enjoy. Any tips on how to do that I would be very appreciative of them.
SalesPractice Sales Training Community
- ""The professional sales community has been in need of a place where salespeople of all kinds, and with all levels of experience, can gather to discuss the art and science of selling. SalesPractice.com has become just that place. Jeff Blackwell has created a dynamic site...
- I'm currently working on a potential million dollar contract. 800k on the low end. They have requested a demo unit to make sure it will work with their applications. My boss says "sell them a demo unit". Is this a typical practice? Selling demo units to potentially...
Question with regards to new business start up
I am starting up my own business. What i will be doing is sourcing web development services for businesses at a price they can afford. They would tell me what type of site they need and what they can afford, I would then match them up with a vendor.
My question to...
Are There Gender Differences?
- Do you think there are any differences in how customers buy that relate to gender? Do women go about making a decision to buy in a different manner than men do? What are your thoughts?
I have twenty minutes....
- Scenerio: Customers comes into my store and tells me that he only has 20 minutes and needs to get enough information on my vans in order to bring back to his boss.
So far I have been trying to hand him as much stuff and load him up with as much benifits as i can assuming...
What's the magic secret?
- I've just been thrown out of a dream job because I couldn't sell anything.
I don't mind cold calling, in fact I like it. I'm pretty good with product features but am no helpdesk brain. I have no ego. I listen to the person I'm talking with and quickly model their speech...
- I am looking at insurance companies as a possible first sales position. I was curious as to any recommendations (or companies to avoid) as far as life and health insurance companies are concerned.
On the fence...
- I could really use some insight from other sales professionals. Appreciate it.
I work for a great company. The people are exceptional. The future looks pretty bright. It's a real, right-place-at-the-right-time sort of gig. I sell what I know and I am passionate about...
You Can Say No
- One of the greatest strengths a person has in sales is giving clear indication and words to the expression: you can say no. It's okay to say no.
I'm speaking in general terms from my experience and it may be that "You can say no." is also an expression anyone can use but...
1 million per year by the 5th year
- 1 million per year by the 5th year
This is the claim I made about 2 months ago......now I'm saying oh crap how am I going to live this down.
Well, what I really have decided is that, I am not that fond of the main product I am selling.
I am a captive agent for a company...
- Hi All,
In the UK they are going through a very nervous period and this obviously has a knock on effect throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
During these periods sales professionals need to shine through, so my question is how do we stand out from the...
How to make a lot of money selling cars
- I am interested in getting a job selling cars when i get out of college, what are some things i can do to maximize effectiveness. I have heard that selling cars is difficult with a high turn over, so how can i keep this from discouraging me, and lead me to being the best.
Hunters vs Farmers - good model or waste of space?
- Hi all,
The Hunters/Farmers model has been around for a while as a method of differentiating two different sales roles:
Hunters: Focus on getting new customers. Stereotypically, fast aggressive sales types.
Farmers: Focus on managing existing accounts. Steroetypically...
How To Increase Sales Volume In Restaurant Industry?
I need some advice on how to increase the sales volume and get more new customers in the restaurant industry. I work for a system integration company, we provide IT solutions and networking services.
My company focuses on many industries including Bank,...
Distinctive Impressions Change The Subject
- It's one thing to say people know the YES or NO of what they want today. That's a fact. Tomorrow it may not be a fact. How we arrive as finding the immediate YES from the immediate NO is debated on this forum.
BUT distinctive impressions change the subject requiring a YES...
Those that are Sales Gods
- Do those people who are the best at what they do willing to give up there secrets? I have a hard time believing what people write in books about selling. The reason is because a lot of it sounds good and its a way for them to sell you the book. So really they maybe good at...
Closing A Retail Sale
I am wondering what is the best way close for a retail sale.
I sell mobile phones so i am wondering what you would you suggest?
An $8.00 cup of coffee?
- As I walked past two construction workers on my way to work on a Monday morning, I overheard one of the workers saying to the other with an unmistakable tone of sarcasm, “I think I’ll walk over to the local coffee shop this morning to get an $8.00 cup of...
- What is your personal sales technique?
In my case I try to get my customers to think of me as a friend and to have conversations with them rather than "pitch them" on a particular tool.
Then when we do get to the "pitch" as it were, I try to be excited about the tool...
- Hi everyone.... its great to be heresn;
I was wondering does anyone know a site where I can view examples of 30,60,90 sales plans? Or any information in regards to writing one. I want to get familiar with what goals and objectives should be pursued and the timeframe...
What would you have done?
- I started a thread with poll called Internet Marketing Training or Education and received a private message that lead to the following exchange of messages.
As you can see by the final message both myself and the other party thought this would be a good discussion to bring...
The Importance Of Simplicity In Sales
- I was watching a protege of mine recently and the main thing I saw besides all the good things was the way not only him but most sales persons complicate the sale. Everyone wants to expound on there talking points until they have virtually talked themselves out of the sale....
Sales Person ROI
- I've done some basic calculations lately on my time spent and was wondering if anyone has ever considered their Return on Investment in terms of time.
I sell to small businesses and my commissions per sale average $1500/ea
I close 12% of my appointments and see approx 8...
Long, Complex Sales Cycle
- Does anyone know whos got the best reading material on this type of "relationship" style selling?
I couldnt find any clear titles on Amazon...
What sales coach?
- Who would you consider as a sales coach to invest in to improve your overall performance? I saw several posts about how to take your talent to the next level with the help of a coach. So who or where should I look. Thanks for your comments.
- I am a 16 year old and need some advice for an advertising idea I am looking to pursue.
I am looking at selling advertisement space on Car Air Fresheners.
Here's the idea.
I found a web site where I can get air fresheners printed with custom labellings, logos, etc..
A question about conversion ratios...
Rench here. First post.
Trying to find sales conversion ratio information:
By methodology: on line, email, telephone, personal visit, etc.
By experience: Novice, Apprentice, Expert
By offering: Hardware, Services, Information, etc
Do you believe in being a "sales superstar"?
- I'm wondering if being a "sales superstar" is something possible or just a myth created sales trainer.
I would define a sales superstar as someone who break sales record in his company and surpass all his co-workers.
Maybe have you met some hpy3;
If You Were Stuck on a Desert Island...
- This is a "if you were stuck on a desert island" kind of question:
If you could only use three questions with all of your future prospects for the rest of your sales career, what would those three questions be?
How are your Sales this Holiday Season?
- I wanted to ask everyone, especially those in Retail Sales how the economy and the holiday season are effecting their sales.
For myself, I will be honest that last 2 weeks have been killing me.
Usually with Christmas season, customers are used to using their cc's, so...
What are your numbers?
- Have you kept stats?
Do you know how many cold calls equals an appointment? How many appointments equals a demo or webinar or 'next step'? How many next steps equals a sale? Or whatever your sales process is (there may be no demo or next step).
I recently found this BLOG...
- I purposely changed the title by one letter (plus added a hyphen). This so as not to give the title any link JUICE on Google (it is SUCKS not SUCKZ).
Here is what I posted this thread for;
(1) Does the title of the book annoy you?
(2) Does it hurt our profession?
Good Sales CD's
- Hi everyone,
With Christmas coming up soon I would like to get a few sales cd's to listen to in the car. If you have any recommendations please let me know. Thank you.
When am I being too pushy!
- hi all,
Well I m in manufacturing in silver jewelry industry! there are customers I called on & had a face to face meeting, they ordered samples, which we sipped timely! and then things just never turned into real orders. I mailed them once, called once.. they just say "...
Traditional sales methods are antiquated.
- "Let's face it traditional sales methods are antiquated and just don't work in today's marketplace." I heard that on a sales training video this morning but they didn't say which methods are antiquated. Which traditional sales methods do you think are antiquated?
Assuming the Sale Topic
- Maybe I'm off-base on this one but it seems to me that "assuming the sale" is frowned upon by some members.
I see in some threads, people skirting the topic by claiming to be "amateurs": if you're getting paid commission, you ARE a professional. You might be in serious...
It's All The Same!
- I'll make a simple and bold statement that only an amateur might make - I've only been in direct sales/network marketing and never in any other kind of sales as those who post here - so I don't know the distinctions you make. So I'm stuck with my statement: it's all the...
Something I have NEVER seen! But why not??
- I am pretty new to the "sales" field. I am a personal trainer in a local gym. Last year when I started I didnt realize I was also going to need to be a salesman. I figured, ya know, you post some flyers in the gym in strategic spots and the business would come to you. Boy...
Fake It 'Till Ya Make It!
- Fake it 'till ya make it is becomming the law-of-the sales land. Maybe it always has been that way. I see it, I hear it, I read it.
Sales coaching/mentoring is big at it. Get a site, write in some copy that makes it look like DaGuru has arrived with acolades and a history...
Moving Forward: Overcoming the Valleys in Selling
- We've all had sales situations where we've spent a lot of time and effort to close a particular deal (maybe a big one), but ended up losing it. Or, we've gone through periods (sometimes extended) where our sales were far below our expectations.
How do you handle these...
New sales position, need guidance please...
- Hi fellow sales people!
I'm 24 and I'm french.
I live in London since 7 months.
After working in a call center as a french speaking reservation agent I started this week a position as a trainee sales consultant.
The company is specialized in hair replacement and...
What's Important in Sales?
- Recently, I got into an extended thread with a Search Firm on the topic of titles for sales roles. Specifically, the posting portrayed, "Director of Sales". I responded and, after a number of single sentence responses, it was established that the role was that of “sales...
Have You Had a Customer that Adores You?
- In your experience in sales, what's the best compliment that a customer ever gave you or the nicest thing a customer ever did for you (other than buying from you)?
The best to you!
How did you overcome a rough start in Sales?
- I love my new job. It is AMAZING. I had a great first month but now these last 2 months have been emberassing!
I sell premium Internet and Telephony systems. We have good stuff.
I know I have it in me to succeed. I know I need practice tuning my ear to be a better...
How do you handle competition between collegue?
- I'm a trainee sales consultant since one week. I'm feeling more and more confident in my new role (even if I have a lot to learn...).
THe experienced consultant are responsable for our training. They do a great job.
How do you start to perform without ringing the threat...
The Role of A Strategic Sales Person
- The role of a strategic salesperson is essentially two fold:
By getting the customer to see things more clearly you can help the customer to take some positive action in improving their existing situation. Why is this so important? The answer is simple - strategic sales...
What would you do if you were me?
- Let me first start off by saying I apologize for the length of this post, but I feel it necessary to get my point across, and get the most out of the vast experience on this forum.
I have a degree in Industrial Technology, and my first job was as an MWD engineer....
is sales just time management?
- good morning,
I have been selling advertising for the last three years, so i'm no where near as experienced as some of you, before sales, i was a self employed programmer .. this may have influenced the way i think/write the following ..
in my mind, getting better at...
What do you think is the best thing one can do in sales
- Focusing on the positive we as Sales People can do is something that is seldom done in the sales industry. I have started this thread and hopefully will have several comments to reflect on good things as sales people we can do and strive to better every day.
All the best...
Car Sales Question
- I work for a company that offers haggle free buying. Our goal as account executives is to sell the customer on our program and then match their needs and budget with our cars. We sell mainly American cars and most of our cars are in our inventory. My question to you guys,...
- Hi Gang!
I work in a retail environment, where relationships are made after the sale, but rapport is bulit very shortly. I get people involved in some of the greatest art on the planet (art is personal, so I'm sure some might disagree). I believe my artist with a passion,...
Selling: Easy Or Complicated?
- Do you feel you'd be more successful if selling was less complicated, or more so?
(as I mentioned elsewhere, I made my basic selling a little more complicated with a three-step process which has brought me great success).
How Would You Teach Others To Sell Successfully?
- If you could pinpoint exactly what it is you do that makes you successful in sales what would be your answer?
Imagine that you are in charge of training new, inexperienced salespeople in your company with absolutely no experience. How would you go about getting them...
Fields of Sales Expertise
- Hello All,
I have noticed throughout the forum that there a several different sales fields that everybody is coming from and it is great to see.
Please select a poll option that fits your category - If it isn't there please let me know what industry you are in and post it...
What makes a Good Sales Person??
- If you evaluate your existing sales team you will find that your best performers are those who seem to instinctively do the great things they do – it comes naturally to them. Whereas the “strugglers” are often like a fish out of water and the whole knowledge base and...
Project Management Issues
- Hello all,
I am an account Manager for a very large commercial electrical, network and industrial contractor.
I am running into some problems with managing all I have going on. My job consist of building new relationships while trying to maintain ongoing customers along...
True or False ?
- Paradox, To sell more stop trying to sell more. True or False
How To Improve Your Sales Forecast?
- If there is one thing that you could do to improve your forecast accuracy what would it be?
I'll start this thread by telling you what I do and if you like preach!
It's all about focus and there is one thing that you could do to improve your sales results is… Show...
Drive the C.A.R. Technique and close more.
- Great day all,
As a Job Ready Strategist, I coach clients who are unemployed, recent graduates or contemplating a career change.
One of the most frequently asked question(s) asked on an interview is, why should we (employer) hire you to work for our company?
- As a sales professional, what gives you your competitive advantage in the market place?sn;
Is selling X is easier than selling Y?
- Would you say it's easier to make a living selling one product or service (insurance, automobiles, real estate, financial services, etc.) over another? Which would be the easiest? Which would be the hardest?
Does owning the product help you sell?
- Some companies want their salespeople to own the product in the belief it'll help sell. Other places settle for you being involved with the product (a cable company I worked for issued me free cable service to get me acquainted).
The pro would be you'll be more...
What do you think is the most challenging aspect of sales?
- What do you think is the most challenging aspect of sales?
Prospecting or generating opportunities
Qualifying / Fact Finding / Needs analysis
High quality product delivery
Maintaining the relationship
Is there too much training?
- In over 20 years of sales I have been on countless sales training courses. Some good and some not so good.
My question is, are we drowning in sales "training" - too much conflicting advice?
Are we in danger of being paralysed by training?
Basic sales requirements?
- The basic sales requirements.
Currently I’m a partner in a Technology company. We do Technical support and Service for Small to medium sized businesses as well as in home and in store service for home computers.
Our sales model has been Word of mouth and advertising in...
Stuck in the middle
- My salespeople seem to be frustrated very often as they are always stuck in the middle of a deal. They typically sell to Fortune 500/100 by way of Ad Agencies and or brokers and facilitators. Either way, when they are brought in to quote their part of the deal, everything...
How would you describe Selling?
- Is selling getting people so excited about a product that they push aside any concerns they might have about the purchase and buy anyway?
Is selling helping people make buying decisions even if that decision is to not buy your product?
What is selling to you?
team sales.. learning after the teaching
- I have been in sales for some time now and i am putting together a few new techniques that i believe every salesperson could benifit from, i've put an extract from my work below, i'm looking for feedback, ideas and comments......
The role of a salesperson is to bring...
- If you where going to give a new sales person one piece of advise, what would that be?
- Does anyone elses company increase the percentage that you earn according to the amount of your sales? For instance, up to $200 sold you earn 25% and over $200 sold your earn 30%.
Sales 101: What are the steps of selling?
- I was told that the basic sales steps where, "Qualify, Present and Close." However, after reading a few posts I'm getting the impression that this isn't the case. So what are the steps? :confused:
Sales Process or not?
- I belive that if you want do anything well and continue to improve performance you have to first come up with a standardized way of doing things and then consider where you may be able to improve various aspects of what you do.
From there the next step is to implement...
Roleplay in interview tips
I have an interview next week and wouldnt mind some tips on how to do this one because to be honest, my knowledge of this market is fairly limited. Im a good salesman but I want to make sure I ask the right questions:
Here is what is involved:
The candidate will...
Trying To Reach My Potential
- It is interesting to try and figure out what the "next step" is before your employer does. I am trying to fast track my developement to increase my value to my company (a.k.a promotion), and the obvious answer is......INCREASE SALES!!!;st (Duh).
Either way...I want to know...
Christmas Sales Questions
- When is your busiest week for Christmas sales? And maybe more importantly, what is your cutoff date for the holiday rush? Are any of you still frantically making sales by the 20th of December? Is your product one that needs delivery time?
Pressure Tactics in Auto Sales... *Don't!*
- Okay, so I hope this is the right place for this. For any of you who sell used cars, I have a tip from my experience earlier this week. Please don't lie to your customers to pressure them!
I was looking at a really great car last week. First the guy told me they could...
- Auto sales isn't what I do but I was thinking about it today and one thought led to another. I was wondering how do you sell a car? If you are a car salesperson and I drive up to your dealership, get out and start looking around what do you do to sell me a car?
Giving out too much information over the phone.
- Right now I am fuming and could use some advice. I just hung up the phone with a fresh phone up who wanted to know the address of one of our manufactured home listings. Our company doesn't want us to give out information on location for many reasons. This guy tore into me...
Sale Role Plays
- I am in India..and wants to change my career to Sales Trainer..Need to know if there are sales role plays (skits ) available on internet or with any one in the fourm...I am interested to buy
Can't stand my sales manager..
- I've been working for this company 3 mths now and the sales manager is really getting to me.
He does very bitchy things like be sacastic to during meetings, write nasty emails calling your sales pathetic, telling the sales team to grow up.
He loves to micro-manage....
Staffing Sales HELP!!!!
- Anyone else here in Staffing? It's a rather unique industry in that we are selling people as opposed to "Widgets" that are an actual item in which the performance can be guaranteed.
I am unfourtunetly ina major slump right now and can't seem to make any contact with...
Should I give out free information?
- I just got a phone call from a seller who wanted me to tell her over the phone what her mobile home was worth. She then called back and asked me for the names of lenders who will finance mobile homes like hers. She didn't want to use our services at this time however.
Only work with people you like!
- Today an experienced real estate agent who I look up to gave me a tip. The tip was, "only work with people you like". We were talking about how to build a network or sphere of influence.
I think she is right because sometimes the people we deal with really get under my...
- Ever sold a product that you knew was not equal to the advertising, or was an outright piece of junk. I bought one of those knife sets once that was advertised on television. It was supposed to be so good, and it the cost was low. I got it, and it was pure trash. I couldn't...
new advertising website
- Hi all,
I have just started a new advertising website online for residents in the washington state area. There are no advertisers currently on the site. I came up with an idea of offering free advertising to businesses until the end of April for a year just to get some...
Sales advice for a Financial Consultant
I've recently started my new job as a Relationship Manager in a Bank. My job is to basically foster good relationships witht the client and sell them investment products.
I'm being given a portfolio to manage. These are the customers whose accounts are under my care....
- It has been said that Salesman are among the highest paid in the world. Also, take into consideration the number of gurus who made their debut in sales and one may start to ponder the great impact the feild of sales has had on its members. The answer I have come to...
- Starting on May 1 our office is having our first sales contest. The salesperson who sells the most units for the month gets a 5% bonus on commissions earned. It is causing a bit of buzz in our office. Some like it some don't.
What's everyone's opinions on sales contests?...
Selling to Big Companies
- Hi Folks,
On 10 February 06 at 1:00PM Pacific Standard Time (2:00PM Mountain Time, 3:00PM Central Time, 4:00PM Eastern Time, 5:00PM Atlantic Time) my colleague and sales mentor Jill Konrath is holding a teleseminar on Selling to Big Companies.
She's just published her...
Selling Ice Cubes to Eskimos
- I just found this article and wanted to share it. It is supposed to be a cheat sheet of sorts for the basic sales secrets necessary for success. These secrets come from some well-known sales trainers like Tom Hopkins, Jeffrey Gitomer and Brian Tracy. What do you think?
Sales call interrupted
- I went on a scheduled appointment today with a For Sale By Owner. About twenty minutes into the appointment a buyer stops outside of the home. I didn't think it would be unreasonable for the Seller to meet and greet the interested buyer and ask them to come back later but...
- Sales Drought??? Who among you here experienced months of non-performance? How did you cope with the situation? Do you have inspiring stories to tell? Just wanted to hear them....Let's just say Ive had two consecutive months of drought in sales, January and February to be...
Who should I work with?
- Over the last few weeks I've received over a dozen of what I thought were "low probability" buy calls. These callers were unfriendly, unrealistic, wouldn't meet at the office, etc. and so I handed them over to another agent. The other agent wrote contracts with seven of...
Which step is the most important for your selling style?
- A lot of the older sales books I read placed the most emphasis on presentations and closing. I read SPIN Selling and it placed the emphasis on the interview.
Which step is the most important for your selling style; prospecting, interviewing, presenting, closing, or...
Why Are We Who We Are?
- Ever wondered why we got into the sales business?
Do you think certain people are natural at doing sales?
Or do you have a weird story on how you got started. I know I have an interesting one.
Speak up people.
What to do????
- What to do? So ill start by telling you tthat Im a realtor. I was working to find a home for someone that I used to work with. Were not really "friends" but we get along good.
Anyways, I get a call today from the salesman at a new condo complex which I took the client to...
Increasing Profit / But Staying Competitive
- "So and So has it for $xxxx. Can you work with that price?", is a question I get more and more often. I call it Kicking a Nickel. But is the juice worth the squeeze? I mean does it really gain anything? The question I have is, what are some means of staying...
Sales Activities vs. Selling Skills
- Do you think more salespeople fail because they don't carry out the necessary sales activities (ie; get out and see the people) or because they lack the necessary selling skills (ie; questioning)?
selling known brand vs selling unknown brand
- Hi guys,
IM currently in dealing with a company that basically does 0% advertising. i am extremely confident in the product i would consider it to be alot better then some of the industry giants... however the regular problem im facing is that because of the lack of...
New Home Sales
- Hi, just wondering, is anyone here a new home sales person? It seems that most people are in business to business selling. I used to do business to business and loved it, I loved opening new accounts with clients that I had to make cold calls to get in the door with, I...
Appointment no shows - cancellations
- I have an associate who sells water treatment products (softener, Reverse Osmosis, etc.)
Today he was complaining about a rash of no shows and cancellations. His joke was that there must be something in the water. Anyway...
I let him know that in the past, whenever I...
Personal Development and Success Marketing
- I have a question. I would like to get some insight from people here who market training and training tools, as well as personal development venues. Everything from fitness to selling skills to personal motivation, etc. I would also be interested in replies from potential...
Interpretation of Lau Tze for Sales
- "Can you love people and lead them
without forcing your will on them?
When Heaven gives and takes away
can you be content with the outcome?
When you understand all things
can you step back from your own understanding?" - Lau Tzu
This strikes me as a potential...
A pricing lesson from Pablo Picasso
I just read this in a book and I thought you might appreciate it.
A woman was strolling along a street in Paris when she spotted Picasso sketching at a sidewalk café. The woman asked Picasso if he might sketch her and charge...
- What do you do when your competitors talk trash about you and/or your company? How do you get it to stop?
I've always ignored these types of comments in the past. I'm just wondering if there is a way to get this kind of thing to stop.
- Does anyone have any great "Upselling Techniques" they would like to pass along? :D
Elwood Blues and the ricochet biscuit
- Hello relationship builders
I don't know if you'll agree but often the answers to our most pressing sales obsticles turn up in unusual places and even more interesting is the that the best answers often fit many different questions.
I'll let you figure out your own...
- I have a low-cost ($199) internet advertising product that I want to market to local small businesses. Because I have priced this product so affordably, I cannot afford a long drawn-out sales process that involves extensive hand holding and "cultivating," I am looking more...