Sales 2.0 Conference
- The Web seems to be loaded with sales experts who will tell you that the majority of sales efforts fail. Some claim as high as a 90% failure rate. Many of these same experts now suggest that Sales 2.0 is the golden goose so to speak.
Given "The death of sales 2.0" and the...
Sales Blogs: The Worst of the Year
- "The fifty sales blogs listed below have been cited by reputable critics in multiple reputable sources as among the worst sales blogs of the year. Is your blog on the list?" - Is such a list available online for the worst and the best sales blogs?
Sales 1.0 - Sales 2.0
- The term Sales 2.0 has come up in a few sales blogs. What is sales 2.0 and is there a sales 1.0? If so, what is the difference? Is one more effective or efficient than the other?
Top Sales Blogs
- I noticed that a number of top sales bloggers have stopped posting regularly or have closed down their blogs altogether. I am referring to the most visited sales blogs based on Internet traffic volume as indicated by outside sources versus self reporting. Alexa Traffic Rank...
Is Sales 2.0 taking the personal out of Personal Selling?
- On more than a few occasions it has been suggested by some in the sales training business that personal selling is becoming more and more automated resulting in not only less personal interaction but an extreme loss of sales and related jobs. Is Sales 2.0 taking the...
Sustainable Social Media
- What are your general suggestions for establishing an effective and sustainable social media marketing strategy?
The Internet... Does It Make Sales People Unnecessary?
- I recently attended a sales meeting where two sales reps were given speaking assignments. The sales manager assigned each a topic that the speaker knew little about and made ground rules that they could not speak to anyone about the topic in their research.
Of course, each...
- I don't know if it is networking but I got many sales deals by cold messaging people off of LinkedIn
Selling to small business
- What do you think are some of the key differences in marketing and selling products and services to small business owners (i.e. less than 20 staff) compared to bigger business? How should we modify our approach to maximise our chances of being successful with this market? ...
Twitter for Salespeople
- Twitter is a microblogging service which enables users to send and read messages called tweets which consist of text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the user's profile page;
In your opinion, how can salespeople utilize Twitter's service to enhance their...
- As more and more consumers go online in search of information (problems, solutions, etc.) do you feel this necessitates that salespeople have an online presence in the form of an electronic alter-ego?
Facebook for Salespeople
- Facebook has been ranked the most used social network service with an estimated 41.6% of the U.S. population having a Facebook account.
In your opinion, how can salespeople utilize Facebook's service to enhance their sales practice?
Online Vs Offline Marketing
- Which one do you find more easier and reliable. Since internet is everywhere, you can virtually put anything on internet and do marketing,
but offline has its own limitations, which one do u prefer ?
Are websites worth it?
- I know this sounds naive but is it worth the time, money, and hassle to build a website if you are a small business owner and you don't sell a product/service over the Internet?
Internet Marketing Strategies
- Making Money on the internet can take some time but if u can be consistent you can make alot of
money on the internet. There are different ways you can market on the internet like paid
advertising. Paid avertising u can see results real quick with paid leads and text ads.
Are you using Linkedin for sales?
- Are you using Linkedin for any sales activities such as finding new customers or staying in touch with current customers? Have you found another use for Linkedin in sales?
"One word" for Internet Marketing
- I have a question for those who are students and experts on Internet marketing.
Let me preface the question. I developed a personal tool years ago to give me focus and enhance my understanding of things. What I do is attach one word to a general topic that would describe...
- In my sales training way back when, we were always taught to always track your calls and conversations and to set a next step further down the line. This way you could always remember what you talked about etc.
When doing customer service I also tracked every...
What Software Tools do you Use to Market
- I was Wondering What Software tools here you guys use to market to get your bussnies noticed on the web for example iSeekTraffic - ubmission software that submits to 8500+ search engines, directories and links pages. another example is Global Trade Poster - Software to...
Have you used Twitter for sales?
- Have you used Twitter to find new customers or keep in touch with current customers? What ideas do you have for how to use Twitter for sales?
Closing Online Deals?
- Hello, I'm new to this whole entrepreneuring thing. I started a new business selling jewellery online about three months ago. I've got no problems with getting people to visit the site but I don't know how to incite people to actually buy. I'm getting a little discouraged...
Do you believe in investing in a high quality website?
- Is it unfair to expect that sales trainers would understand the importance of projecting a positive and capable image in all of their marketing tools to include websites?
What message does a lousy websites or blog send to your potential customers?
Internet Marketing Begins With A Web Site That Doesn't Stink
- One of the beautiful things about the web is the fact that it allows you to reinvent yourself.
How many times have you visited an attractive, well designed web site with valuable content and a large, corporate presence, only to discover it's run by a sole proprietor? ...
Want to see the future of sales?
- Jeff Blackwell sent an email to the subscribers of this forum about this technology on Monday, thank you Jeff!
It has to be seen to be understood. However, I can tell you this;
(1) You can build your database, the information about your prospective clients without...
Business version of LinkedIn
I was curious if anyone on this board subscribes to the "Business" or "Pro" versions of LinkedIn which allows you to get in contact with people in their system directly via InMails. If so, is it worth the cost? Do you get good responses back?
Online vs. Offline networking
- We contact with people in real world as well as in online world, both of the places we talk to them and join there network.
Which networking do you think is easier to maker and is more usefull in increasing sale for your product
sales blogs and blogs in general
- Hi All
Im new to the whole sales blog experince, can someone please explain this to me? Im very interested in starting a blog yet what would I put in there? do I need to get my companies approval before I start a blog about my services? I would love to see some sales blogs...
Create a website about Yourself?
- Do you think creating a website about you and your personal information would help your overall sales. Maybe include your webpage on your business card. What do you guys think?
Alternative approaches to Driving Traffic and Sales
- The key to driving traffic whether it is PTC, Adwords is targeting. Specific sites or Keywords selection in our Adword campaign helps to position our sites to targeted markets.
There are all kinds of communities on the websites. Some like the social communities like...
Organic Search vs. Paid Search
- Please share with the SalesPractice community which method of lead generation you prefer organic search or paid search.
Is Internet marketing worthwhile for a real estate listing agent?
- I don't work with home buyers just home sellers. Every agent I have asked says they get buyers from the Internet but not sellers. For all I know they aren't doing it right and that is why they aren't getting any seller leads. Do you think Internet marketing would be...
What exactly is Sales 2.0?
- Gold Calling brought up Sales 2.0 in his "Beware the dark side" thread. What exactly is Sales 2.0 supposed to be?
The two pillars of a sound internet marketing strategy
- There are two pillars of an effective web marketing strategy. The first is effective website design. The second, and equally important pillar is driving traffic to the site. The two more popular methods of driving traffic are search engines and banner advertising. With a...
direct sales analysis software
- I am looking for software suitable for door to door sales, so no CRM is needed, just the elements needed to analyse the efficiency of sales; ideally the number of calls, number of people presented to, number of sales, total value of sales and time on the ground. It could...
Blogging For Promotion
- Blogging is the easiest way to get market for your product and contact directly with your clients, blogs can create a buzz in very less time, if you can do something which brings a lot of backlinks from other big bloggers to your blogs, then it will also bring quality...
- Myspace and other social networking site have become a good place to market website and services. Many music bands have become popular just by using them who dont have any official record company.
How do u use this site to promote your service your product ?
- sign up at facebook and tell your friends and old highschool buddies about your business...
anything to get the word out!:lo
Google may lose up to 1 third of its users.
- I made an online poll on a very reputable forum (WebProWorld) asking the community about their view on the current level of Google search results and their desire to use/not use Google if the results do not improve.
4,200+ members viewed the poll thread, 129 posted...
- My preference is for a simple accessable website that will open with any browser and sreen size and has a pleasing but low key color scheme. but I do sometimes get comments about the site not being attractive enough.
I wonder if peopl do really like a lot of graphics or...
Web 2.0 for advertising
- Anyone here use Web 2.0 sites to advertise, like Digg? If so, how does it work? I keep hearing that web 2.0 sites like digg and myspace are become more influencial in advertising?
- i signed up at blogspot.com for a new blog. so i can update daily my new business happenings.
smart? or lame?
Online Sales Strategy-Help Needed
I am new into online sales...field of aviation training...somewhat familiar with internet and other web nuances....however totally new into this game....got a website at www.sristysaviation.com however need some help into strategising and pushing up the online sales for...
- I assume the bloggers here are stimulating business with links, but is Adsense a large part of your strategy too?
Hopefully this isn't too much of a beginner's question for here.
Internet Ad Sale
- I'm tickled to report that I've had my first Avon sale as a result of submitting my Avon site to Yahoo and Google's local directory listing.
When the lady contacted me, I asked her how she located me and she said she typed in Avon Rep. and our city and up popped my ad...
- Definitely, we can see big companies using video sites like Youtube in advertising their products. With several million members for those sites, it is not surprising that they or even some small types of businesses taking advantage of the situation.
Banner ad or not?
- Should I add banner ads on my web page to make money? Does people really click on the banner ads?
Using MySpace to market
- I helped a friend of mine out with a project he was working on, trying to reach a young adult audience for promoting a young adult novel his company was publishing. There was already one book published, and another was on its way. One thing I did was create a MySpace page...
- How many of you use Ezines as a form of advertising for your business? Do you find this type of advertising effective? I have tried some ezine newsletters without much success. If you have had success, can you name a few good Ezines to advertise my business in?
Pay Per Call...... like superpages.com??
- Jeff.... do you have a list of PP(Call) search engines or advertising sites??
oh yeah... what about Hits vs. Visits regarding "Unique Visits" subnet IP etc...... elaborate in that closed thread!!! lol
Website Effectiveness poll
- I would like to get a feel for how many people have found the magic in their website, and for those who are having good results, what role their website plays in their overall marketing strategy.
- Does anyone put out an email newsletter? Do you think people would read these?
Selling website advertising space
- Hey all,
Is it common that you'd hire someone to sell advertising space on your site for a commission. If so, how would one go about finding such salesperson and what would a typical comission be (the typical sale would be $xx-xxx)?