- I sell mobile phones in a retailer here in Australia.
Our KPI's are basically an amount of phones say 30 per month and GP per month. GP depends on the phone that i sell.
Anyways i am the best salesman at our kiosk but i am not a top salesman, the others are more order...
What should a rookie salesman concentrate on?
- Hi all,
I have read with great interest through this forum before posting. To give a little background I am 49 years young and about to embark on my first "professional" sales career and really want to succeed. I will be selling satellite tv subscriptions door to door here...
Rookie Sales Man In Serious Need Of Telemarketing Pointers.
- Hello all,
I am so excited to be apart of this group. I need your help. Anyone with sales experience is welcome to give help. I am a sales man for a printing company. Its a small business. So small the Im the entire staff. I have about 2yrs in sales exp. I have about 5...
Newbie in telemarketing needs help
- Hi Guys,
I Joined a company just 2 weeks ago as a telemarketer. I have no experience whatsoever and my company does not have a script. I call up companies after finding their numbers from Yellow Pages. I have made 50-55 calls so far without a single positive feedback. My...
If you get hung up on..
- If you've tried calling the PDM to set an appointment time, and the PDM has explicitly said 'no' and rather than giving up you try to probe for more information, and then you get hung on abruptly, is it considered improper or unprofessional to continue pursuing this...
Finding a new prospect
- We in sales all know about making a prospect to a qalified prospect needs lot of efforts. Can an one help on giving me new ideas of finding new prospects ?. This will help in budding sales people who want to start into this as a career.
How to get people to CHANGE what they have always done.
- My job, basically entails, knocking on doors to let people in neighborhoods across my city know when they have been hooked up to the new faster internet provided by the phone company that took over from a crap monopoly this past summer.
Sometimes, it's the best job in the...
IT support initial calls
- Hello guys found this forum a couple of days ago lots of really good info
I have started a my 1st sales role in IT support a couple of months ago and I am struggling to get appointments
I feel there is no structure to what I am trying to achieve should the first call be...
I am interested, let me call you back
- I found some small business ownler, many I already meet initially. I call them, and they say:
"Yes I am interested, let me call you back in 1h"
"Yes I want to talk about that, I have a customer right now (hairdresser), let me call you back in 1h.
One I cold call:"Call me...
Names- Those you can't pronounce & nicknames
- I was curious, what do people think/recommend on calling when you either can't pronounce the name or know that the name is proper and people usually go by nicknames.
I use www.pronouncenames.com a lot but even still when I am calling people that are from different...
Need Help with Opening Script for Franchise Financing
- I am working as a finance manager for a leasing company working with business owners to provide equipment financing or working capital.
I have experience in the industry but am transitioning to work in franchise rather than the standard 'mom and pop' type locations. I will...
How do i approach companies to recruit them as dealers?
- Dear All, My name is Eric and i am a new sales with no past experience in sales and marketing. I had just been employed by a company that is the master dealer in Walkie Talkie / Mobile PA.
Due to some problems in the company, i am the only sales left and i am tasked with...
I don't know what to do with them!
- hey everyone, before i start i just want to say that im very happy that found this place. Its invaluable to me.
I started a cleaning business 2 and half months ago and i been getting clients primarily through door to door sales. Whenever someone express an interest, i...
Do They Need It, Want It, And Are Willing To Get It
- Like everyone here I've studied thousands of pages of print/audio/video resources to learn how to sell. In the process of the study like most people I began practicing what I was learning.
Systems systems systems abound as everyone knows and the number of sales coaches,...
Saying "how are you?" on the telephone
- I've heard it said that salespeople shouldn't say "how are you?" when making appointment setting calls with new prospects, and they should get straight to the point of why they are calling.
I've noticed in my own appointment setting endeavors, that when I say "how are...
Real estate investor calling on For Sale By Owner's and For Rent's
- Hi guys and girls, I'm glad I found this forum! cl2; I've read through a bunch of threads and theres lots of good info here! Maybe you guys can help give me some ideas for how to be most effective when cold calling some of the leads I work with.
I'm a real estate investor,...
New account rep. introductions.
- Moving on up!
I was recently given the responsibility of account rep. for 42 qualified leads... (in addition to making those cold-calls that I started out on a couple weeks ago.)
My responsibilities seem to fit this category.
My clients have been sent quotes for our...
What is your pre-call strategy?
- I was wondering what is your pre-call strategy prior to making the first cold call for a new business prospect? What is the process you follow? I understand there are many different types of processes people follow, but I am interested in what has worked for you and why...
- Hey Guys,
I'm new to the forum, and honestly I'm pretty excited about this. I'm still a novice in sales, but am very passionate about learning the trade and look forward to learning much on this site. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some contributions as well.
To leave or not to leave...voicemail
- I am a greenie. I was wondering if I should leave a voicemail when trying to reach someone, or not. Do you ever get a call back? Is it a waste of time? Does it make you seem pesky?
What is your experience with it?
Did you f_____ up?
- Got your attention with that thread title?
The word is "follow" as in did you "follow up" and do you realize many follow ups happen as a result of poor sales skills on the initial sales call?
Sales Advise - Selling PCR enzymes
Im new to this forum and new to sales! Im working in Scientific sales and I would appreciate advice from anyone in sales since Im keen to learn the selling techniques of a variety of different sales people in different sales fields.
PCR enzymes (if you dont know) are...
Best Elevator Scripts
- Elevator Scripts are short introductions that can take advantage of opportune moments to sell your product. Like if you ran into a Ďsuspectí in an elevator and wanted to advance a sale. If you already use one of these scripts, please share yours.
For those that donít have...
Tips on getting past the "gate keeper"?
- Just starting out with my new sales position, the main concern I have is how to get past the receptionist when I am making my calls?
I know that everyone has their own approach and what works for one person may not work for another person.
Does anyone have any...
How to approach OHS decision makers
- Hi guys,
Im currently working for a company that has organised an event for improving awareness for OHS at work ect..
I've got a list of companies and their general numbers. I tried to contact these companies to invite their OHS manager or decision makers. So far i've...
- A member recently referred to "the mirroring technique" which he described as a sales professional mirroring or mimicing the clients, speech, speech patterns, facial expressions and body language to gain cooperation.
Anyone have any opinions on how the use of that...
Senior Health Care question
- Hi everyone - I'm a Operations manager for a senior living business - we are rolling out new selling program to the marketing team, but as of right now it doesn't include alot of "structured" follow up information....they have a specific number of calls to make each week to...
What are some things you say or do that "light up" your prospect.
- When I say light up I mean when you say or do something that gets the prospects attention so much so that you can see a visual expression of happiness or surprise.
A simple thing I say is "Thats why I'm here."
Prospect says "I'm happy with what I have."
I say "Thats...
Need some advice for appointment setting
- Hi, names Jason new to this forum and sales in general. Actually I'm not even in sales I set appointments for the outside sales reps. I'm still having a little trouble getting through to these business owners. Maybe it's just because I haven't tried enough. When someone on...
Real Estate agent needs advice
- I need help opening/closing a expired lead.
A expired lead is a number I will be cold calling and they had there house listed with another agent and it didn't sell so @ this point in time they probably hate all agents and don't want to hear from anyone (they will start...
An unusual idea
- This may not be the best place to ask this question, but here goes anyway. Although I am a very quiet person and far from the typical sales type, an idea occurred to me recently that might be worth trying.
There seems to be big demand out there for stuffed animals. I...
Switching from introduction talk to sales Talk
- Hello my fellow SalesPracticers. I've been a member here for about a month but this is my first reply. I'll take all the advice I can get. Hopefully, some other people have the same problem and will benefit from this as well.
Let's get into it.
When cold calling (driving...
Script suggestions for B2B visit
- I am working on a script for cold call B2B visits. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Hi, maybe you can help me. I'm with DEandM. I don't have an appointment but I was in the area. I work with manufacturers to optimize their processes, such as sales, design, testing, and...
- I am new to this industry and have done door to door sales before and very well I might add. This is very different though and to me from what I have seen is fairly more difficult then Lawn care sales which is what I was in before. I am looking to hear everyones feedback on...
Sales Associate at Dick's Sporting Good's
- Hi everyone I have been working as a sales associate for about two months now and have had great success selling firearms. My question though is I need a better opening line then "What can I help you with?" or "How are you? So, what are you looking for?" If I had a dollar...
- INTRO: Hi, my name is Bryan Simons and Iíd like to speak to your store manager please.
MANAGER: Hi, my name is Bryan Simons and I represent Jack Links, Co. maker of quality snack food products. Iíve been in your store several times purchasing gas and...
Selling to CEO's and other high powered people
- Are there any special rules when selling to high powered people such as CEOís and managing directors? Should we treat them just like normal human beings and try to engage them in normal conversations (i.e. sport, weather etc) or are they entitled to special treatment by...
- I was trained to just tell the potential client to go see my service right now when I am on the phone. I say "let me show you what I am talking about, go to Google". I also sound like a machine when I do this as I do the same thing each time but it is a numbers game. Any...
Best sales method for a business proposal?
- I have a business proposal and a list of people who I think may be interested in it, My ultimate goal is to get a meeting and give a presentation and I'm wondering what the best method to get this? I could write them letters, but I think that they might not be read. I could...
NLP and Telemarketing
- Lately I've been doing some research on NLP and its uses in telemarketing. I was wondering if anyone had any good links to information that would apply.
Thanks in advance.
Customer mum after first meeting
- Sales gurus,
I wish 'had known such forums much earlier! My ignorance, despite "google"!
I am a techno sales aiming to become a sales pro.
Yes, have been making rookie mistakes.
Pls help me with this sticky situation.
3 weeks ago I had a first-face-to-face meeting...
Lookers turn into buyers when they meet a professional salesperson
- More than once while standing on deck at a automobile dealership I heard different salespeople mention how a certain prospect went from dealership to dealership "just looking" until they bumped into a professional salesperson (presumably that salesperson) who sold them a...
phone calling old time cold customers
- Hello Everybody!
I am a rookie in this sales business and id like a bit of advice with a situation im facing:
Since in rookie and i have low sales ratio, my Supervisor has gave me a list of innactive customers, people who hasnt made a purchase for at lease 6 months,...
employee discount program
- i am trying to drum up some business and cold calling local large employers (prisons, factories, hospital) and offering to extend our employee discount program. My company has the discount program set up for other large companies and it has worked very successfully. I have...
Trouble getting sales
- Hi Everyone. I am a recent grad and work for a company that manufactures friction material (brakes for industrial, commercial vehicles, rail). I am having a bit of trouble with potential customers in the aftermarket industrial (rebuilders, distributors).
I have been...
Better sales meetings and cold calling for new leads.
- Hello Guys,
I recently got a job working for an office furniture manufacturer, it is my first sales job so i have no expereince in sales and conducting meetings.
We work alot with architects and interior designers to win projects so they are the main...
Why Don't They Buy...
- The most common reasons are:
Which one do you find gets in your way most often?
My contact has passed onto another person
- Here's the situation,
I cold called a rather large real estate/property management company as I was at one of their buildings and saw an opportunity for our service (window cleaning) I got in contact with the property manager and we had a great ice-breaker conversation...
Effective open? you decide!
- Tell me what you think:
This is meant to be told with a strong energy, a lot of power and almost "you need this" tone of voice
The product: Alarm system
Me: Hey, how's your day sofar?
Them: Good, you?
Inbound Sales Scripts
- Hi Everyone,
I am brand new to this website & brand new to sales. I recently commenced trading in a new business & am now faced with elements of business I have never had to deal with before...such as sales. The biggest hill to get over at this stage is my approach to...
How does this grab you?
- Good morning Mr. Mybestshot. My name is Michael and I work with Toms Insurance Agency. The reason I'm calling, I wanted to ask for an appointment in order to get your opinion whether or not your company is managing risks appropriately.
Is there a time sometime this...
Is there anything wrong with this opening?
- I'm cold calling real estate agents and using this opening however, for some reason it's just not getting me appointments or presentations.
"This is David speaking with Agent Advantage and I saw some of your listings. Can you hear me ok? Great, well look Iím helping...
- I need some help on writing my sales approach on my compnay for class i don't know where to start. I need some pointers on where i can start thanks
Another Reason not to Pre-Judge a Customer
- **Note this is about prejudging customer before you approach them, not about qualifying them during interview**
Was sitting at my desk finishing up some paperwork when I noticed a Blind man in the show room with his seeing-eye dog. All the sales people ignored him, and I...
All salespeople enter the sales process with near-zero credibility
- Why is it that when calling on prospective buyers
in an effort to create new business opportunities that otherwise wouldn't exist, and no relationship (referral, endorsement, etc.) currently exists, all salespeople enter the sales process with near-zero credibility?
Keeping customers hot
- What methods might be effective for "keeping customers hot" or warmed up between calls?
Recommendation for a strong opening?
- Hi, my names David C., I'm new to this forum. I just started a new sales job with Homes.com and I need a little help. The sale is to get real estate agents to have their properties listed into our website for a monthly cost. It's an awesome service however the problem is...
Pay Minimum get Minimum
- I saw an ad for a chain Farm Store. Willing to pay sales "associates" $7.25 (that's minimum wage) per hour. I can't help but think a lot of applicants would only be interested in how long the lunch break is.
Saw another ad for a local used car dealer, offering full time...
Sometimes we salespeople are customers too
- How do you handle the various sales approaches that you get when you are out and about.
I'm sure we all know that the worst approach in the world, when we enter a retail store is 'May I help you?' or 'How may I help you?'
How do YOU, as a salesperson, react to this kind...
I am a young enterpreneur who has started a market research company . I am facing tough time in sales even though we can offer very low cost and smart service to our clients.
I have the following queries.
1. As we are a start up company we generally try to approach...
Is Lying, in general, the key to all success and satisfaction
- From the TimesOnline....
"Indeed, I'd go further and say that while dishonesty doesn't get the best of press, lying, in general, is the key to all success and satisfaction. At work, for instance, it's almost never productive to be totally frank in job interviews, career...
verbiage for a thank you page after someone requests a quote
- Being a one call closer and all I would like to critique some good verbiage for a thank you for requesting a quote page. We could all use the same one or what ever I just need one that gets to the point so I can get everyone there and know if they own the house or what have...
What are some good jokes to get them to laugh?
- I seem to be boring my customers lately when I'm trying to build rapport. It would be great if you could share some of your jokes. I can start!
Me: How long you been living here?
Customer: 45 years
Me: Oh, you just moved in huh!? :)
One thing I FEEL is missing in today's salespeople.
- Sales has progressed alot throughout the past few decades, but there is one key ingredient that I see is missing from alot of the sales consultant's out there now. Sales Consultants, in general, are no where near as aggressive as they once were. It seems to be a lost art...
Which to you is more powerful an introduction?
- I was asked to present my approach to workers/employers today for a luncheon. We use two basically, and I thought I'd run them by you all here to get your HONEST feedback.... I mean if it sucks.... "Thomas... that sucks...." I don't mind the "Thomas that really sucks, but...
Need assistance with my introduction.
- I've just started a job with a new company that involves search engine optimization and internet marketing. Really the hardest part of this particular sale I'm noticing is the opening and introduction. This is the way I'm opening and introducing as soon as I reach an...
The Analogy Angle
- Hope the title is not too ambiguous................
When setting up a phone interview or appointment, having an aresenal of angles will get you through, where other's fail.......
An angle is a true story that creates enough interest to keep the person on the phone or...
Newbie, advice on approaching existing leads
- I've been interning as a sales assistant at a film rights distribution company for 3 weeks now and was finally given a list of leads that one of the managers met with a while ago and wants me to make follow up email/calls on.
This is my very first time taking on any...
Request for Life Insurance.
- I am a Life Insurance agent. How to issue business card and request for the business and services when I meet people. Kindly please provide word to word (exact) script on what to say without sounding as if I am begging. Because right now whenever I meet people I say things...
Individual Medical B2B cold
- What is a good way to approach?
I am going B2B cold. I dont know the owners name. I simply ask for the owner. Is there a way to find small business owners names/ contact info?
My script is: Hi, I'm Ludlow75 with______.
I am out today setting up appts with small buz...
How to propose for a business
- I m a life insurance agent, Please provide exact script on how to ask (how to propose to) people 2 buy a new policy or consider buying new policy when i meet them in parties and social functions so to increase my business and client base.
Also how to introduce myself in...
What are simple ways to approach a business
- I've basically got three questions here. This one is relating to the approach to a business initially.
My sons and I are insurance sales, and we mine using worksite products to meet business owners. Our principal means of soliciting are cold calls on the phone, where we...
Different Sales Open?
- After my initial introduction on the phone with my name and company name I usually go into this:
I was calling to get some more information regarding your uniform program. Are you currently under contract with another supplier?
When is your uniform contract up...
How to Ask for Insurance
I would like to know what do I tell people to takeout (buy) life insurance policy from me when we meet in person (one on one).
What words, sentences and script should I use so that the other person does not get offended. Also how do I introduce myself in social...
Software business is hard to approach!
A lot..a lot.. a lot of organization really do not purchase the software to enchance their current situation.
Im dealling with Document Management System (DMS). approach to corporate user. Yes. They did face some problem by the end user, when approach to end user,...
Call Campaign tracking
- Hi all,
I wanted to get some feedback from those who do prospecting campaigns and how you 're keeping track of your efforts.
Specifically, do you simply use an Excel spreadsheet, or do you use a program or software to track contact datea/times and disposition.
Shortcutting the sales process
- How would you recommend handling this situation?
You work in a retail environment. Prior to visiting your store your customers are exceptionally well researched. They have a variety of resources where they can explore your products and your competitors, in fact by the...
Getting to the decision maker
- What is the best approach for getting to the decision maker of small to mid-sized businesses?
I have never called on small businesses before so I feel like the approach should be a little different.
I hate the thought of just asking to speak with the owner (sounds like a...
How to combat ... Just Looking
I have listened to Joe Girard and Zig Ziglar's audio tapes yet i am trying to work out my initial ice breaker to a customer who comes in store.
I sell mobile phones for vodafone.
From what i have found is i get a lot of "just looking" even if i say how are you...
How to come back to visit customers?
- In my work, the important thing is finding new customers and contacting them when i'm done i wonder how i can back visit customers with reasonable reasons
What to say on contact to sold clients?
- After a customer has purchased a vehicle from me, we have software which automatically schedules follow-up calls: 3 days, 14 days, 30 days, 90 days, then every 90 days after that. This is to make sure we are there to answer any questions the client may have and to stay in...
Best method for reconnecting with prospects that have gone dark?
- You book the appointment, do your needs analysis, present, quote a rate, etc...but the prospect needs some time to get approval, find the budget, compare current contract with other vendors, whatever. So you leave with an agreed upon date to follow up with them
Following up with Hiring Manger and Company Recruiter
I just graduate college and landed my first sales job as an account manager. I am a little bit confused on what to write in my follow-ups. I have friends who have suggested that I do double duty and follow up with an email and a card. I am a little nervous sending...
Approaches to ask people to take out Life Insurance policy
- ;bg I have some confusion in my mind glad if you can clear it out. My concern is when I meet people in the parties and functions for the first time should I ask people to take out policy directly and upfront without asking their needs and wants or should I tell them if you...
How to Be Influential
- I would like to begin a thread on some strageties that would aid one in being influential. What are some strageties that you have used to influence others?
Ways to ask for Life Insurance
- What are the ways to ask people to buy Life Insurance plolicy. For example : Please take out an life insurance ploicy. Please insure yourself.
Please make a provision for your family. Please take out a insurance policy for your children. I will be thankful if you can...
How to ask for Life Insurance Business Boldly
- How do I exactly ask people to take out an insurance policy from me without being ashamed and pushy. What exactly should I talk to friends and relatives when I meet them in party and marraiges and social functions to take out an insurance ploicy from me without being...
converting incomplete web orders?
- Between inbound calls, my team and I go through the list of incomplete orders taken by our website after hours. This entails adding an item to your cart and entering your address and contact info for an accurate shipping quote. For whatever reason (*cough*tire...
Always Not Free??!!
- Dear all,
I have encounter the problem where always the person who i'm going to meet or set up the appointment, is always say not free.
Call no answer and email sometimes also no reply.
is there any idea or tactique to cath and secure the appointment?
Difficult in B2B business
- I'm selling a documentation software, where help the employee to reduce their paper work, save the cost for the organization and handle document in a more efficiency way.
Always, i presented the demo to document controller, person incharge or the managerial level. After...
Person in charge going to maternity leave
- I had a case where i did the demo to the QA Manager, where she is one of the decision maker as well. She is impressed by our product (software), and believe it can help her and the organization to be more productivity and efficiency.
She did mentioned to her superior, her...
Good Offering e-mail
- Does any one have an idea how to write a message offering our products to prospects by e-mail, would you like give one....... thmbp2;
Do you know who I am?
- I watched a television show where a celebrity wound up in some back country town where nobody knew his name. He didn't like the way he was being treated and kept asking "Do you know who I am?". I've seen it before. Same story different player.
This got me thinking about...
Engaging the prospect
- As sales trainers how much emphasis in your training do you place on the engaging the prospect. I ask because while I've seen much written about cold calling and closing the sale I haven't seen much written about the approach step.
JUST DO IT...Cold Calling (Kind of Funny)
- So I have a new sales job I started this week. I really like it so far. My manager is 80 miles away, so I am pretty much a one man show in the area. Our sales meetings are on the phone, etc.
Needless to say, I am learning the material and then going out and doing it...
Hypnosis in sales?
- In a recent newsletter post on this board there was an essay on the use of hypnotic suggestion for persuasion.
My question is A) Do you feel employing hypnotic suggestion is ethical in selling?, B) Do you feel the buyer will feel good about his/her desison long term if...
Selling and Mindsets
- When you engage in a selling encounter do you find that you usually already have an idea in your head of how things are going to play out?
How to Get through Voice Mails?
- Hi Experts,
I am new to sales industry, however I have started to do some cold calling in CA area. My propests are CIO, CTOs VP IT and MIS Director.
The problem I am facing down here is I am hitting Voice Mails like every call, Can someone please help me in order to...
- I know we shouldn't judge people by their appearances but we often form an opinion about them from their appearance.
I hope that my friends, neighbors and contacts form a good opinion of me since I've started selling Avon Products. As a result of becoming a...
How do you reach unreasonable people?
- How do you get a message across to someone when they are being unreasonable and won't list. Yesterday I was in a small auto mishap and the guy was totally spun up and nothing I said was getting in. I've seen the same with my friends teenager children and I've seen it with...
Communicating With Clients/Customers
- I posted this on another thread where a posted said he uses Send Out Cards and Skip said it could be a good topic I should start another post on - so I am:
"Send Out Cards is a multi level marketing business many people in sales are joining for two reasons: 1. send out...
- When making initial contact with a prospect do you have a favorite opener to 'gain the prospect's attention, holding interest, and secure approval to ask questions'?
- I just got into the life insurance business. The company I'm in provides us with leads. The nitch is home mortgage protection insurance. I have a lot of questions. When I'm calling the leads some of the objections I get are- Can you mail me something? Which is kind of funny...
Trust and Respect
- The dictionaries show a lot of different meanings for Trust and Respect and those words show up a lot in the forum. Is everyone agreeing on what those words mean? What do trust and respect mean to you?
Sell More - Disengage!
- It's not a contradiction - if you want to sell more you need to disengage. That was the advice given to me eleven years which I ignored for a while. Then, having fustrated myself many times I began contemplating that advice at the same time I began reading "High Probability...
Best ways to meet and greet prospects
- On days like today I have floor time where I sit and the desk and take walk-ins and incoming calls. Normally I'm out beating the bushes. When people come in I say "hello" and "how can I help you?". Is there already a list of best ways to meet and greet prospects?
Email Can't Create Rapport
- I've been working with some entreprenueurs who are copywriters and internet marketers. There is such a resistance to picking up the phone. They all want to communicate with prospects and customers through email. They don't understand why they get 1 job and then no more...
B2B Cold Calling....
- Ok, my change of direction has lead me here... At my desk with a list of companies we have just been to an exhibition week with...I didn't attend the exhibition (it was before my employment here) but it was the place to be for leisure/fitness companies.
The company I work...
fear of meeting new prospects
- I was interesting in knowing how to overcome a fear I have of meeting new prospects. Outside of work I'm not shy by any means but sometimes when I'm meeting with a new prospect I can barely get the words out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Approaching the big boys
- For those of you who are familiar with my current website project because of my request for feedback, this is completely non-related to that project.
I am curious: Does anyone have any experience or advice on how to approach a high-level decision maker in a very large...
Selling Ads Locally or Nationally
- I own a business and sell advertising in my local publications all along the western corridor (WC). I sell to the little business guy in each town. I want to sell the Ads to the big guys, so they can get in on ALL the local publications along the WC.
Obviously, there's a...
How do I motivate people to call back?
- I just became an insurance agent. I've worked in sales before, but it was in retail stores. This is a whole different ball game IMO. My problem is that when I generate or receive a lead, that lead is most often just one of the two decision makers that I have to get to...
The 80/20 Rule
- If the rule says I should get 80% of my business from 20% of my customers, shouldn't I work harder on the 20%?
Communicate at least 4 times a year?
Special offers/vip sales?
Unexpected free gifts?
And if the other rule says I'm going to lose 20% of my customers every...
Getting past the Gatekeeper
- Here are a few ideas about getting past the Gatekeeper:
Make an allie - develop a relationship with the Gatekeeper. "Win friends and influence people".
Introduction - use an introduction from a source the prospect knows and respects.
Letter of Introduction - send a letter...
- I was in a public transportation when someone who was sitting beside me asked me a personal question, that is, what I do and my earning capacity. I didn't want to be impolite so I answered his questions. He was very pleasant, actually. But then, the more I indulged him, he...
- Does anyone else have trouble making the all important call back to a prospective customer? Each time I leave a brochure with someone whose phone number I have, I am supposed to call them back before turning in my order.
A lot of people would rather call me if and when...
Understand your value...
- If your sales process has real value to the customer then you have more confidence and energy in your approach.
Q: How do we add real value to the prospect?
A: By conducting a valuable diagnosis of their business / situation.
A well respected point of view that offers...
How do you build trust?
- What can someone like me do to build trust with prospects? My work is calling on people who are selling their homes by themselves and getting them to list their home for sale with our company or meeting with people who call in and want to look at the homes we have listed.
What's your intent?
- When you first meet a customer, what is your number 1 intent in the first few minuets?
Things to do at first meeting.
- My father, a salesperson at heart, thought me these things for the first meetings.
1. Be presentable. Just as what one post said here, first impressions last. Wear the most presentable clothe you can wear.
2. Be on time. If you have an appointment, never be late. As the...
young salesman building rapport with older prospects
- hi guys.
as a 23 year old in the sales industry, I find it difficult to be friendly with older folks who are 30+. not that they are strange or anything, but i find that after meeting someone who is older than me, I find it hard to make conversation with my older...
- I had worked in retail selling cell phones (entirely new industry to me and I never used one before).
I've never received training so I had to wing it and do things piecemeal. I had a jerk for a boss (another story) who got upset if I referred to literature with specs so...
desperately need new approach
- Hello to All,
After 25+ years of fairly successful direct selling to manufacturers, I am becomeing increasingly frustrated with my inability to get a response from new prospective customers. What used to work in the past, cold calling and following up with phone calls to...
How To Get Closer To Your Prospect
- Call it a system, process, mechanism, whatever; there's a definite way of doing it and the consistent end results, sales, proves it along with other supporting evidence.
I've heavily tested for years. The more I've studied it, the more impressed I've became. For others...
Weighing the Approach Step
- I believe that a salesperson cannot consistenly flub the approach step and be successful in selling so I give it a lot of weight. How much weight do you give to the approach step in selling?
Need advice - Selling to Franchisors
- We are really looking to open ourselves up to the franchise market - we have 3 under our belt now with pretty successful marketing/selling to these. We would like to make our services available to addition franchise operations.
My question is how and who would you...
Sales Skills in the Doctor's office?
- A friend of mine called me yesterday with an interesting problem. He does a lot of marketing for naturpaths and chiropracters. Since their service aren't covered by insurance, they get a lot of calls with the person starting out with, "How much is this going to cost"?
customer mailing list from retail store
- have a voluntary sign up sheet for your clients email addresses...and send them occasional emails about the specials going on in your business.. (this would be about retail..but if you can incorporate it into other forms of business, let me know):yi
Look too young? Any Suggestions?
- Okay I am in swimming pool sales in Texas. I started my business a few years back and have been doing fairly well. Here is my problem. I am 29 which is not overly young BUT I look a lot younger. As far as personal presentation here goes: I am there on time, pressed clothes...
I think I've tried everything!!!
- Hello Board,
I'm faced with a situation. I've been attempting for about a year now to get in touch with a particular individual at a well-known company. The company is a professional sports organization, and that's all the detail I feel comfortable posting.
yellow page ad sales, having trouble getting an appointment
- Hi everyone,
I started this week selling for a yellow page advertising company. Today was my first full day of prospecting, I called roughly 50 companies on the telephone and visited about 20 in person out in the field and no appointments. This isn't my first time in b2b...
Matching Clients Perceptions:
- One of the difficulties we have is learning what really matters to clients. Few Managers ever sit down and speak to their clients and try to find out what they think and what they want. This is my own list of the top 4 clients great-expectations issues:
Gifts... but not just stuff
- I've found the best attention-getters are gifts that don't have to be expensive... but wonderfully personal and appropriate.
The internet is wonderful for this. Search your prospect's name and see what is important to him or her. Or, if you've ever been in his or her...
Do you leave a message?
- You have given a presentation. The prospect appeared genuinely intrested but for some reason has put off their purchase or would not commit to making a purchase for some reason.
You "follow-up" with them by phone to shake loose whatever it is that is keeping them from...
Credibility and Trust
- What does everyone do to establish credibility or trust during a sales call? Do you have any special methods or techniques that you recommend?
- Does anyone have a few favorite "Ice Breakers"?
Referral made approaching easier.
- When we are contacting any new client, it would be much easier for us to make an appointment with them if we get their names from their friends. It would make them think that it is worth their time listening to what we are going to present to them.;sm
Body Language in Selling
- How much importance do you place on body language? I'm referring to everything from tone of voice to eye movements and posture.
Beginner Basics - How to get in with the Big Cheeses?
- Hi everyone!
I'm new here and posting on behalf of my less-than-internet-savvy husband ;bg He's just completed his training with a sales company and needs ideas on how to find prospects. The company works mostly on referrals from it's salespeople's "warm" markets, but...
- I was with prospects today and I forgot their names. :o
What do "you" do in that situtation?
What do "you" do to remember names?
The Mood Factor in Selling
- I've noticed that few, if any, of the books or articles I've read about selling have discussed buyer "moods" and the impact they might have on a sales call. Does anyone else view this as an influencing factor?
Call me after the holidays.
- In my business, I call on small, local businesses (retail and restaurant). I sell advertising. They are busy (who cares about advertising when you are busy). Last year--with less experience--I let this railroad me right out of the picture most of December. This year, I am...
- I have been an award winning life insurance agent working from a field rep. to the upper echelons of management, to a highly successful recruiter and corporate trainer all for the same company in under five years.
When setting appts. always offer two winning...
The Human Factor
- By request from SalesGuy, I have started this thread because I referenced a post by Gary Boye that was very helpful to me in the thread "Approaching The Big Boys." He would be more suited to elaborabe on it, but Here is his post from that thread:
RM, you put yourself in...
Preapproach versus Homework
- I've been doing a little reading lately and came across the term preapproach. From what I can gather this means to do your homework (research). Is that right or am I missing something? :confused:
- I'm sure everyone has heard, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." Do you have any tips on how to make a good impression when cold calling in person?