The Death of the Sales Magazine
- In an article I wrote titled, "The Death of the Sales Magazine" (link removed) I mentioned new realities relating to Content, Sources, Availability, and Pricing which seem to signal the end of printed sales magazines. What is your take on the matter?
Suggestion for promotions as a vendor
- My company (along with several other manufacturers) relies on a distributor to sell our product. The distributor has various channels to sell our product to end users (i.e. retail store, dealers, business channels). My role is to support a territory and the various...
Self Promotion in Sales
- Any thoughts on this subject, specifically on being positioned through self promotion efforts?
Do you seek the highest quality for the lowest price?
- A common theme in all I read suggests buyers seek the highest quality for the lowest possible price. Further, that buyers differentiate between offerings via features and benefits that are important to THEM.
Q1: Do you believe this is true?
Q2: What strategies do you...
My Top 3 Advertising Tips
- The content of advertising is basically the same no matter what the media. It is good and it works, or it is stinks and doesn't work.
Here are the my 3 tips for better ads; newspaper, radio, billboards, cable, Yellow Pages. Anything with your name on it.
Sell Benefits not...
- Does anyone use tournaments as a way to gain potential customers? Back when I worked in the Newspaper Industry, we use to create brand awareness by inviting our potential customers & advertisers out for a day of golf. It really was a hit and our advertising & circulation...
- Are there any Television Advertising Executives out there who can help a young TV Ad Exec. in selling and closing? What methods have worked for the medium, and subsequently what do not work? Thanks!
Marketing without using company name
- I currently work for ADT Security. They allow us to market in any way we would like but cannot use their logo or their name. ie. i am able to use an identical blue hexagon sign, but it cannnot contain the letters ADT in the middle...
I would like to start a campaign to...
Are You Selling Ideas?
- Never more than now do I realize it is a time for selling ideas. Prospects are smarter, well read, and in the know. You can no longer walk into a prospects business and say let me sell you an advertising schedule. You have to walk in prepared. Prepared to fulfill a need and...
- Trendsetter marketing is a form of marketing in which you recruit a famous celebrity or sports athlete to use and help promote your product. This process will work very well for you if you are promoting on a larger scale, and can reach your target demographic with the...
- Street marketing is a form of marketing in which you are marketing your products or services through flyers, posters, billboards, ECT. You see these forms of advertisements and marketing every day when walking down the street or driving in your car. These are very effective...
- How many of you have clearly identified your brand values?
For example....my company has the following brand values.
Recruitment & Training Excellence
…at the next level…
OPINIONS: Yellow Pages Advertising
- I work as a YP Sales Rep.... what do you guys think about YP? Open Discussion if you please.
IYP vs. Print YP
by the way.... according to Yellow Page Integrated Media Association ROI's on YP are............
Local 12:1 with 4:1 profit
National 33:1 with 13:1 profit...
Target Audience for a Campaign.
- The target audience for the campaign will usually be identified by the client and/or come out of campaign objectives. The client’s target audience does not necessarily have to be the same for every campaign conducted.
The target audience can vary depending on the product...
Manipulation and Television Commercials
- Manipulation is a hot topic in personal selling circles but Advertising has to be one of the biggest offenders around... or not. What is your opinion. Is advertising manipulative?
Advice on Sales Uplift
- Have been reading the site and seen some excellent feedback from people's questions - so thought I woudl put you all to the test!!
I have just been thrown in a the deep end by my company and given a role in Marketing that I am a bit of out of my depth with...
- I didn't see a place for this topic, so I thought I'd post it here. If this isn't the right place for the topic, could you tell me where to put it?
I need to create 6 logos for my Advertising class, and I'm not exactly sure what would be a fitting logo for some of the...
- Hi everyone,
How better can we advertise insurance as a business and also as a better investment option to the customers.
A advertising works well for all types of business for insurance it seems does not work that much. Why is that so?
I am like thinking of some ideas...
NBC to Advertisers: 'Here's All Your Money Back'
Further evidence that large media conglomerates are
dying a slow death... underscoring the likes
that Google, CJ, LinkShare and other performance-based
networks grasp consumer-reality today.
How to choose a radio station
- We anticipate that our tourism promotion project will employ one or two radio stations to promote a drawing to give away 50 vacations as a marketing tool. Local merchants such as grocery stores, bars and pubs, and restaurants will have entry forms and boxes to receive...
Publications: Thrify Ads
- I just came back from the grocery store and noticed quite a few different "thrift ad" publications like "Nifty Nickle, etc."
Does anyone really read those things?
Are your competitors benefiting from YOUR advertising?
- Two times in as many months my competitors have profited from my advertising and I'm getting miffed. What happened was I advertised a listing on an Internet site and gave the name and address of the MH community and the people drove to the community to see if they liked the...
Opportunities in Radio
- I've decided to look into the various marketing opportunities that I've avoided over the years and Radio is one of them.
Others have mentioned that there are various ways to cut the costs involved by reselling air time for commercials and/or buying blocks of "off-peak"...
radio show marketing
- i have a karate school and now a new 30 minute talk show about character development for kids.
how can i use this to get into schools and business for joint venture and other ways to grow my school??
and how can i get sponsers??
- We live in a world where promiscuity is rampant.
Advertising and media have several different options in which to brand or call to action their business. The best and most effective way of seling or advertsing your business is through using sexual related images or...
Hot Promotion or Advertising Schedule?
- What do you think? Should a business buy into seasonal promotions such as a Valentine's Day Promotion or should you put together an advertising campaign and stick with what works for you? Do Seasonal Promotions work?
$1000 monthly marketing budget
- my first post, and I am glad to have stumbled upon this forum thmbp2;
So I recently got back into sales after a few years of freelancing as a web developer and have joined a technology based printing company focused on the enterprise market.
I will be starting off with a...
Electronic LED Outdoor Advertising
- I was in the lovely state of Terengganu tomorrow; more specifically that Riverfront Heritage City of Kuala Terengganu, on the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. The mission wass to help train a team of selling personnel in the sales and marketing of airtime/advertising...
Advertising on your automobile
- Do you think automobile advertising -magnetic doors signs, window screens, license plate holders or bumper stickers - is cheesy?
Are Most of Your Business Cards Still in The Box?
- Without a plan to distribute your business cards, there's no need to print them in the first place.
The average person has more than half of their business cards still in the box at any given time.
Make a plan to empty your box of cards in 3 months or less; after all,...
- I've been thinking about this idea for a while, yet haven't actually toyed with it.
Depending on your product and your level of graphic design or photoshop. Create a phone picture with whatever your message maybe. With my industry it could be;
"Free Install and Free First...
How Do I Get You As Clients!!!
- how do i get people like you interested in me. as a personal trainer.
i work alone, i rent a gym and i want clients.
you are sales people and solicitors and accountants and more.
what do i do.. what do you want to get you interested in investing your hard earned money with...
Starbucks Gift Cards
- I was at a conference once, and they gave away prizes, which included a Starbucks gift card for $10. Winners were encouraged to take someone they met at the conference for a cup of coffee as a networking gesture. It was a great award because it encouraged action.
What Does Your Business Address Say?
- If you are operating a business from your home and your post office address clearly indicates a home address, you may want to re-think your marketing strategy.
A Rural Route 2 address can plainly say your business might be in a bedroom at home, or worse, in the barn. Does...
Does Your Business Card Whisper or Shout?
- Business cards are the most underutilized and misunderstood marketing tool in business. Many people spend the bucks for cards and don't make an effort to get them into the hands of those who can hire them or buy from them.
Everyday people throw away stacks of undelivered...
Promotional ideas for a service company?
- I've been reading about the ideas of promotions, but I'm at a loss on how to apply promotions to my company, or if it's appropriate. I am a 1-person engineering support company. I don't sell a physical product, and I don't sell a standard service, like an oil change or...
Idea's for Advertising by putting things on your car.
- I am looking into getting a static cling, or magnet, or something like that for my car... What are some Idea's or past experiances in advertising on your car. I've heard that the magnets may rust the car that they're on, But i do like that you can take it back off. Anything...
Super Hero Cards
- Jeffrey Gitomer suggests this website: http://superherocards.com/
I wouldn't use them myself but Gitomer's suggestion makes me wonder if I'm missing something? What do you think about business cards like these?
A Nifty Name
- For my sales presentation I need a nifty name for my "store." My teacher ridiculed it when I just put on the paper, "Good morning, Mr. _______, welcome to my store." erm;
Any ideas? Oh, and by the way, it's a Chess store.
- Has anyone put together a list of the best promotion ideas?
Putting out small signs - worth it?
- I just became an insurance agent. The company that I represent really doesn't do a lot as far as advertising. We have telemarketers that blanket certain areas with calls, and any leads generated are distributed to the agents. We were splitting the leads between myself...
Million dollar ad campaign on a shoestring budget
- We are a tourism promotion company and are planning to major promotion in a large metropolitan city in the northeast. A few years ago, our local tourism board spent a million dollars in television advertising to draw people to our community. It failed to produce acceptable...
advertising in local zines..
- ive contacted 3 local zines in my city,,that relate to my product that im selling, (indie clothing)..and i am having a bit of luck!
zines are really cheap..and again, it depends what kind of business you are in..
another good idea, is to advertise in magazines that are...
shouting in public
- Yesterday , i saw some people were using loudspeaker and shouting to promote about there upcoming event , does shouting in public in that way really helps to gain attraction from the people
Do You Advertise On Your Vehicle?
- I've seen real estate agents with large photos of themselves on their vehicles, and there are lots of more subtle signs promoting business on vans and cars.
Do you have a unique approach for advertising with a vehicle?
- Has anyone held fund raisers for non-profit organizations? Last week I attended a sales meeting and learned that Avon encourages representatives to hold fund raisers in our community. The group trying to raise money gets really good prices on the products and you make a...
Business Card Mistakes
- Here are some common business card mistakes
Printing them yourself.
It's not much cheaper and it looks like you did it at home, no matter what kind of printer you use. All it is, is faster.
Not carrying them with you.
Pocket, coat, briefcase or purse, you should have a...
Increasing sales by over 6000%! (can you do it any better?)
- I'm fairly new to this website and I want to contribute my own personal example as to what can be accomplished even when the situation seems hopeless.
I worked at a Best Buy store doing a JVC tv demo on their 52" HDTV. As part of my demo I wore a required JVC shirt.
drop the discount?
- I recently read it's a sales sin to discount. I had been intending to offer big discounts on most of my pricing :bl. The point being my service cost is pittance - does that make a difference to how you view discounting? I presume the serious sin is discounting and then...
- Doing unethical things and things like which are not supposed to do in public sometime really pulls eyes of people towards yourself,
Some people when they dont find a way to attract others towards themselves they start doing crazy, things
Do u think doing so will help...
- Some businesses, like selling health supplements, give a referral fee. But to get one prospect in your network, some people would actually want to know if the particular health product is worth a buyer's buck. In other online businesses, free trials would also be necessary...
- In my place taxis have a block on there top which is used to display ads, they use neon light at night which more sparkels the ad. Is this type of advertisment used in your place.
i think they are good way to ad since taxi run 24 hrs and anyone who will hire the taxi will...
Convince me in five words or less!
- Elevator speech, tagline, sales message, value proposition, unique selling proposition... aren't these all pretty much the same thing?
- Can someone please explain "Wild Posting?" :confused:
- I'm just now starting my job search for a career in sales, as I will be graduating from my University in May. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with community service linked with your company? In all of my interviews I have asked what the company does in...
Integrated Marketing Communications
- Can someone define IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) for me? What components make up an organization's IMC mix? How are they used in Public Relations?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
- Sometimes I have the opportunity to purchase small trial size or travel size products and am thinking of doing this as promotional items to insure my customers' loyalty. This would of course be more costly then the regular Avon samples that I already give out. What is...
- We are a tourism promotions company and are planning a promotion in a large city in the northeast this year. We plan to give away 50 vacations to the winners of a drawing. The entry forms and entry box will be located in restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores and...
Bomb Scare/Ad Campaign?
- I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks of the ad campaign for the animated show that turned into a bomb scare recently.
I think the city involved with the scare was Boston?
It's a potential tragedy when emergency public service units are tied up like that on...
- How much trust would you put in a company that advertises with illegal bandit signs on the sides of the road?
- I'm thinking about "wrapping" one of our company cars, a little Honda Accord. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm just starting to do the research so I don't know what I don't know. I'm looking for do's and don'ts or anything really that I should know about to make...
What is unethical issues of promotion?
- We know that promotion is used to boost the sales of the products. However, I heard that there are some companies that use promotion tools in an unethical ways. Can any of you share the example of unethical issue?
Response Decline in Classified Advertising
- Since 1961 classified advertising as been in decline in Britain. You had then about 70 evening newspapers, of whom only 8 were winners and from which you could guarantee a response. These included the Newcastle Chronicle, The Edinburgh Despatch, The Carlisle Echo, The...
leave a card here..
- i was downtown, and noticed all along the street at each public telephone, someone left their business card in the card slot.
i thought this was really cute.
Write interesting articles and "Digg" them
- If you have a blog and write good articles, you can submit them to places such as www.digg.com and www.shoutwire.com and when they are well perceived, you can easily get 10,000 visitors within a few hours. It's happened to me. Get some good stories written or just try...
Open House - Good idea or waste of time?
- None of the agents in our office hold open houses. I asked about this when I started and the common denominator was that homes rarely sell at an open house.
I'm wondering if the reason homes rarely sell at an open house is because the agents don't market them properly....
Amazing Success With Fridge Magnets
- My magnet reads " NEED MONEY FAST" ring paul on 07810 100 100 These go straight on their fridge once our first meeting is over,I get regular calls from usually wives who tell me that many "money type " decisions are made in the kitchen.
There is no doubt that in the last...
Using Business Cards
- Does it help your business a lot to use business cards? Do you leave several in various places of business or just hand them to people you meet?
I have ordered some business cards but haven't received them yet. I'm not sure how I intend to used them. How do you...
- Do you use "classified ads" for your product/service?
- Hi guys,
ive just recently closed a deal with a supermarket and the product is of a reasonably technical nature, its the type product that u would need to touch and feel and know about about purchasing as it is priced in the $799 rrp point.
Staff will not know anything...
What do you think of the Ebay Advertisment
- What Im reffering to here is the New Ebay Space Adverisment Auctions that people will Advertise u on there items Faces Babys Cars its been on the news and its been every where so a lot of you must of heared about it. Has any one used it bought adverisment from some one to...
Adopt A Highway
- Has anyone participated in the "Adopt A Highway" program? I'd be interested in hearing some real life feedback if possible.
How do u advertise/market/promote or is their a need?
- My querry is that if a person has a product which has only idustrial buyers or users then is their a need to advertise for such a product say chemicals or cotton which acts as a raw material. Secondly what can a marketer do for such a product that a salesperson can not do....
Register Tape Advertising
- Does anyone have any experience with register tape advertising? Recently I turned down an opportunity to advertise on the back of a Burger King receipt and it got me thinking.
I'm sure this type of advertising works for some industries I just wonder which industries?
Movie Screen Marketing
- Does anyone have information about "Movie Screen" advertising. I'm wondering what the standard procedure is and typical costs.