- A lot of discussion take place about qualifying. At SalesPractice we have forwarded the understanding that "closing" is not an event; it's a progression.
What about qualifying? Event or progression?
I read a post where a member used the word "pre-qualify." What is...
World Top Sales Questions
- If you were to put together a list of the world top sales questions based on effectiveness in a variety of B2B or B2C sales calls what would you include in the list?
I need HELLLP!
- Hi guys, First of all i am really happy to be here considering you guys are really professionals in the industry. Well i will tell you a lilttle bit about my self i am 26 years old i have been working in sales since i was 18 so about 8 years i am in customer service,...
Up Front Contract for Sales Job Interview
- I have an interview next week for a Territory Sales Manager position. The company I'm interviewing with is big on Sandler techniques and I'd like to get advise and suggestions for putting together an Up Front Contract for this interview. Any suggestions?
What is the best sales question you have heard?
- As a sales expert you get to hear all of the questions good and bad that your clients are using in the field. Have you heard any that you thought were great that other salespeople should be using?
Wants / Needs
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering the buyer's: "Wants/ Needs."
how do I turn a script into a conversation?
- I would like a few pointers on how to be more personable with potential clients I pitch to. Specifically good examples of, and the best way to use, open ended and leading questions. your help will be very usefull to me. thank you
Communication Skills: Encoding and Decoding Messages
- It has been suggested that "the ability to send meaningful messages and correctly interpret the messages being received" is a determining factor in a salesperson's success.
First, do you agree? Second, how do you know you have interpreted a message correctly?
Need some help with my sales interviews
I've been in the B2B sales game for about 9 months now. I'm probably your typical sales person, struggling, just surviving and knowing I can do much better. The motivation is there, but it seems I'm being let down by lack of preparation before a sales call, and...
Effective Listening and Questioning Skills
- How would you describe "effective listening"? Would you include "listening openly and actively with the intent to understand" in your description?
How would you describe "questioning skills"? Would you include "knowing who, when, where in addition to how, why and what to...
Avoid Yes/No Questions
- What is your opinion of the following suggestion?
As a rule of thumb or generalization (as is often the case with these types of statements) I believe it is too general to be helpful and without proper context and/or shared meaning has the potential to yield more harm than...
Problems with qualifying prospects
- Hi all,
I am having some trouble with my sales approach and would like some feedback and suggestions if possible. I currently work selling photocopiers to small and medium sized businesses in my territory and my current strategy works something like this;
1. Door knock...
Qualifying questions: Manipulation?
- Here's my main question, I'm happy that there's a forum of strong sales people here who can help each other out and share opinions.
Qualifying questions, Are they considered a form of manipulation? What's your take on them?
Please be honest, there are many sales people and...
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering the buyer's: "Budget."
High Probability Prospects
- In your opinion, 1) what criteria qualifies a person/company as a high probability prospect and 2) what percentage of the prospects you encounter meet that criteria?
Sales Pain funnel
- Is anyone familiar with the "Pain Funnel" enough to explain it? I learned about this line of questioning a while back and tried to look it up on Google today but didn't find much of anything. :(
Confused by Qualification Strategy - When do You Give Price?
This is my first post here.
I have been studying some of the material from Hopkins and Sandler and I'm a tad confused now. I understand you need to qualify before you present. But it appears from my Hopkins and Sandler CDs that you introduce the actual price...
Open and closed questions.....what works best?
- Hi everyone,
So, Ive been in a sales job now for quite a while, however the other day we had a sales training session to keep everything fresh in our heads. During the training, one of the techniques we discussed was open and closed questions.
We were told that we...
What to do when a prospect doesn't want to talk?
- I come across this situation often and I'm not exactly sure how to deal with it. This is in regards to cold calling. After my opening with a prospect who's got some free time and is willing to speak right then and there. Here's what happens, when I start asking questions I...
You've got three minutes...
- "Ok.... You've got Three Minutes... Whatdya got for me this morning?"
What is the most important aspect of your presentation to your client when you are given a compressed time schedule to present.
1) Small talk to create repor?
2) Go right into your...
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering the buyer's: "Buying Criteria".
Who uses more/different skill......who earns more?
- Here's a question.
I keep reading here about cold calling....selling....are they the same thing........different?
Here are two scenarios . . .
1. Big furniture store or a large car showroom:
The salespeople interact with customers who are visiting the premises as a...
Selling IS something you DO TO a prospect.
- In a previous thread it was revealed that...
... and I couldn't agree more!
This flies in the face of conventional wisdom that says selling ISN'T something you do TO a prospect but instead something you do WITH a prospect.
What's your take on the topic?
The Role of a Salesperson is Motivating Customers To Take Action
- Potential customers come in all different levels of motivation to act. The primary role of a saleperson is to move the prospective customer from whatever level they are at to a peak buying state and motivate them to take action. Yes, there are other roles but this is the...
How to detect and deal with tyre kickers?
- You know, the type that exist purely to waste your time and make your life miserable. I work in large shopping centres with a national brand and we have a great product everybody wants however not everyone can afford, so they take it out on us.
Why is the mentality of...
fact find questions
- I sell Data ( contact names numbers email address job functions and job titles) to private business is is normally done by telephone. We sell contacts from Public Sector to business want to move in to that area.
Does anyone have any good opening fact finding lines for me to...
New Fact Find Question
- Fact Find
I am new to sales and have started a new job in Data sales.
I have made some sales but have struggled with a fact find. i normally just go in to the USPs and blast the customer with them.
I undersatnd that I need to do a good...
What is the most effective way approach a business
- Today we're told that we have 8.1% unemployed. The real numbers considering those who are now NOT LOOKING for work seems to depress confidence. How is this affecting sales? Well in my two businesses, one property casualty, the other in personal financial products and...
Time and Urgency
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering the buyer's: "Urgency."
Sales interview, Get the Customers Agenda, don't try to sell your own
- Biggest problem faced by sales consultants today is that they fail to build the rapport with the customer. Yes they may sell the customer but they have failed to develop a friendship with them. Why is this important? Is it necessary to be the customers friend to sell them?...
Clarification of Reactive Listening vs Creative Listening
- "You have two ears and one mouth, so you should listen twice as much as you talk."
No saying could be truer. However becareful how it is your listening. Theres two ways to listen. One is helpful one is pointless, Reactive listening and Creative Listening.
Permission to ask questions
- Mr. Smith, I'm with ABC company. We've been in business since and in that time we've help of companies like yours . What I'd like to do is ask you a few quick questions to see if it makes sense for our companies to do business together. Is that acceptable to you?
- In the qualifying or disqualifying area I know we usually look for money, authority, and when the decision will be made.
In the customer understanding area what do you usually look for?
What Do You Do After Introducing Yourself?
- Here's the scenario:
You've found a prospect. You are at the beginning of a meeting with them (b2b or b2c). After you introduce yourself and chit-chat for a while, what do you do next?
Please share your strategy with the SalesPractice community.
Can you describe the home you want to find?
- I have been having a small challenge with probing for wants and needs. Getting people to tell you what they want is harder than it sounds. ;pi Anyway what do you think about asking the question, "Can you describe the home you want to find?". Is that too broad?
Req: Good Profiling Questions
- Hi there,
I have a new role in my company in which we are going to target new customers/ former customers of our IT hardware.
Im very keen to make a good amount of calls as their account manager, and would like to get some help in what the key profiling questions I...
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering the buyer's: "Agenda."
How to ask about buying criteria?
- I take incoming buy calls which are a lot alike. The caller wants to know more information about a home they saw advertised. Almost nobody buys the home they call about so if I can learn what they want like size and price I might have something for them. I ask what they...
Probing questions to ask people
- :cu kindly provide with a list of probing questions related to life insurance that we should ask from the standpoint of benefiting the customer, while getting the answers we can determine if a potential sales opportunity exists even before the actual sales interview.
Life Insurance Open ended questions
- Can anyone provide me with a detail list of open ended prospecting questions based on life insurance that I should ask people to know their needs, wants, buying motivation, any servicing problem etc. ;bg
How to Find People's need, purpose, and motivation.
- Will any one please help me on how should I find people's need, their purpose for buying life insurance. what poweful questions should i ask on how to find their needs, purpose and their motivation to buy life insurance. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Sales Questions. More Ideas?
- Automotive sales.
I have made a questionnaire to use with fresh customers to help me understand what they are looking for and how I should approach helping them. Part of the reason I am doing this is because it will help them to think through what they really want. I...
Sales questioning skills
- What are a few examples of "questioning skills"? Is that just a generic terms for knowing different types of questions?
- Questioning is often seen as the MOST important for a sales person to have. As important as product or systems knowledge. Questions get at what the customer is looking for. After taking the group through the questioning curriculum, develop an exercise to reinforce those...
Decision Makers Vs. Influencers
- What salesperson has not been disappointed to hear he/she has lost a deal as the result of selling to the wrong person? Despite asking, many salespeople, without knowing it, find themselves pitching to someone other than the decision maker.
Because this can be a fatal...
If I could... would you...?
- I've heard this one quite a few times on the car lot. For instance;
"If I could get this truck at a payment you're comfortable with would you take it home today?"
Is this question about commitment, manipulation or something else?
Confidence and Trust
I work in the finance field, and so my clients need to commit a lot of money when making any purchases (we are talking 10 years of commitment).
Because of this, establishing an extremely high level of trust is very important in my interview stage of selling. We meet...
- Please post your script(s) to discover: "Decision Maker."
Selling Decisions and Ethics
- If during the discovery phase you recognize that your service isn't the best choice for the prospect sitting across from you what would you do?
100+ Sales Questions
- I'd like to share my favourite sales questions with you all. A few things to note :
Some questions are versions of each other
The questions need to be used at the right time, in the right context, with the right buyers in the right situation - they are not magic "silver...
- One lady in my office has a questionairre on a clip board that she takes on appointments. She says she goes right down the list of questions and at the end gives a short presentation. It sounds cold but she does okay. Does anyone else do this?
- One of the biggest failings I see is the failure of salesmen to actually listen to what I want.
They are so concerned with selling me what they want me to have, they miss out on opportunities that they could easily take advantage of.
Has anybody else noticed this?
Communication - Ask Questions & Listen
- The objective of this would be to have the necessary skills to ask the appropriate questions and listen to the answers that will lead to a sale.
What does everyone think?
Hiring the right Staff?
- Hiring the right people for sales is one of the most difficult tasks of a Sales Manager.
Making the wrong decision can be enormously time-consuming in endeavouring to develop "lost causes" who will never make it. This can cause frustration among the entire sales team,...
- Ok...pardon the various questions that I know will probably sound stupid to many of you - but mind you this is an entirely new experience for me.
I am a car salesman, and have been doing this for about 3 months. I'm averaging about 4 cars per month.
Today, which I'm on...
Do you sell the way your customers want to buy?
- What do you do that your customer likes the most during your sales process?
For me I think they like the fact that I put them first and find out as much as possible about them before offering a win-win solution.
Essential Information to Gather
- It seems to me that no matter what industry you're operating in there is information you need to gather that is essential to success in selling. A few examples would be;
Decision making process
Key decision makersWhat would you add or remove from the list?
- I just had another couple come in who said they were looking around for their mother who will will be moving here once her home sells back in another state.
I also deal with people who are looking for their friends who live out of state.
This is frustrating for me because...
Zig Ziglar's POGO Questions
- I was reading a book review tonight that compared SPIN questions by Neil Rackham with POGO questions by Zig Ziglar.
I searched Google but came up dry. :(
What does the acronym POGO stand for and what kind of questions are they?
Sales questions to always ask.
- If you were working with a real estate buyer what questions would you always ask? There are the easy ones like what do you want and how much do you want to spend but what else would you ask?
P.S. I know people in my office can answer my questions but I'd like to get...
- I just read about "attentive listening" and it makes sense. Have I been under a rock or does everyone already know this?
Ready, willing and able
- Hello. This is my first post. My name is Don (Donnie). I just started working for a home improvement company and I'm looking for as much information on selling as I can find.
I have a question that I'd like to ask the forum community. What exactly does, "ready, willing and...
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering: "Competition."
When to disqualify a prospect
- Last week I was assigned to a sales office in a manufactured housing community. A buyer has to be approved/qualified to live in the community. I've been asking disqualifying questions almost immediately because there isn't any point in talking if they can't get in the...
Catching the Buyer's attention
- What are the most important factors for you in order to catch the buyers' attention? I think that you need to study your niche in order to understand their needs and interests.. once you know this, you can plan a correct marketing strategy. Have you got any tips on how to...
I'll know it when I see it.
- Sometimes when I'm first working with a prospective Buyer and I ask them to describe the home they're looking for they give a real general answer that is followed by "I'll know it when I see it".
This poses an obvious problem for me because I don't know what to look for...
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering the buyer's: "Buying Motive(s)."
Disqualifying by Price
- I work with homeowners who want to sell their manufactured homes. I'm only interested in working with sellers who have homes I believe will sell. When disqualifying a home one piece of information that I "NEED" to know, preferably before meeting with sellers, is how much...
Up Front Contract (Sandler Training)
- Someone brought up Sandler earlier tonight so I did some searching on Google and came across Sandler's "Up front contract". Does anyone have experience with this?
The Real Secret to Sales Success
- The answer is... (You'll need to highlight the text below)
"Identify and Satisfy Customer Wants"
Everything else is just details. :eek:
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering the buyer's: "Expectations."
- Please post your scripts(s) for discovering: "Contingencies."