Ever take away a deal by ripping up the contract?
- Large ticket items....one night close....the take away is really powerful. I almost passed out the first time I took contract out a prospects hand and tore it up.
They were asking about the 3 day rescission clause that's on every contract (at least in NY) and when they...
If most sales are made after the fifth closing attempt ...
- So I've heard, and I'm sure many of you have, that most sales
will be closed AFTER the fifth closing attempt, even though most
salespersons only ask once or twice.
My question is, how do you keep asking? I sell things called
Starving Student Cards door-to-door, which are...
- Aloha Everyone,
I am currently trying to sell an anti-corrosion coating that has historically outperformed a majority of the current options.
The key benefits to my product line over the competition:
Ease of Application
Dealing with the iron fisted gate keeper?
- Hey all,
I have a situation I could use some advice on how to handle.
I recently took over a new territory from a rep that had handled it for about twelve years.
Most of the accounts I picked up our existing customers that have on-going business with us so I usually...
I lost a sale
- I meet that woman that wanted one of my service. I try to get to her many time. She alway's said she was interested. Finaly she talked to me to tell she was going out of business and din't have money... Anyway, I found out it was just a lie and went with the...
im back in home improvements
- Hi all just joined ,im Pete from London.
After years in advertising im back in Home imp. Actually replacement kitchen doors worktops and appliances.
I know whats coming "Ok thanks ,your the first we've seen we are getting 2 other quotes and we will let you know."
Indifference or Rejection?
- How do you define Indifference? Do you believe that "customer indifference is one of the most challenging situations you encounter as a salesperson?*"
What causes customer indifference? How do you identify customer indifference? How do you address customer indifference in...
Thrown a curve ball!
- How would you reply to this situation:
How you would handle a sales presentation in which the client is interested in another product that you are unprepared to present, but yet you know the product you agreed to originally discuss will be good for his/her's business as...
I'm not ready....
- I'm a crappy car salesman who is desperately trying to get better. I used to sell Mazdas. It was quite easy to close those customers. I've recently begun selling Toyotas. I keep running into this vague objection from people "I'm not ready." I'll ask them what has to happen...
Any advice for when people say they need to think about it?
- I work for an estate agency in Cyprus selling houses for holiday homes or investments but recently seem to be getting a lot of people who need to "think about it".Surely if they were not seriously interested in buying they would not be willing to actually view properties...
It happened again..... I want to think it over
- No matter how often I prepare for this, it's the one thing I'm least fitted out for. After completing a well rehearsed, superbly delivered, presentation that evolved extemporaneously out of another product discussion, and breaking from my usually powerful questioning...
If I contact someone who I have been having several conversations with and their objection is, "I haven't had time", or "I have been busy".
Would you just simply set a date to call back or would you say something else?
Early adopters --acquiring first customers
- I searched the forum a lot. But couldn't find this topic (may be 'missed a few in between)
Our product is a bit innovative and disruptive (tech-wise).
So far, the ones we prospected have told us, that they are not risk-takers and we are better off going with early...
help required for presentation
- Hi all,
I know this is probably not the right place to ask but you all seem a knowledgeable lot so I thought I'd ask here anyway.
I have a 10 minute presentation on wednesday on 'the future of advertising'. It's for post grad studies and I don't really have much...
The Eight Objections
- I came across a post on another website that read...
... and went on to list the following eight items:
What are your thoughts about this statement and the items listed?
Your investment is to risky objection
- I sell risky investments and always get the risk objection- I've been selling these investments for five years and this is coming up a lot more often now that we are in one of the worse recessions ever
- My boss sent us this video this morning.
The language gets a little intense about a minute in (nothing we haven't all heard before), but it presented a valuable situational learning point. How does the...
How much is it?
- That depends. First, we have to find out which solution is best for you. From there we can determine the price. Let's get started by having you answer a couple of quick question...
Your Prices are too high
- Dear All,
Please help me with these objections from coustomers.
1. Your Prices are too high.
2. Your Computators quality is better then you.
3. Our suppliers is suppliying us since many years how can i switch you.
My Prices are equal to others price some are high and...
POC - Proof of Concept
- When a prospect is willing to participate in a paid proof of concept, how can it be effectively explained to him that he can do so but he is subject to the EULA that my organization sets forth?
"Look, I'm not interested!" ... I wonder if I'm ticking them off
- Here's the situation.
I'm calling leads to set appointments for a time when I can give them my sales presentation.
So the guy comes on the phone, and I tell him how I have a way to significantly boost his sales, and if we could meet on a phone to see if this marketing...
Dealing with Analysis Paralysis.
- Hi all,
I am new to the sales game and I need some suggestions on how to deal with this situation. A few weeks ago I did a presentation for an existing customer of an upgrade to a product they currently have with us. The presentation went great and when I showed some...
Hardest Sales Objections
- In you industry, what are the hardest objections you face from a customer?
I work with selling job board ads.
The most usual argument we get is;
"We have heard it before and we are not interested!"
This because the job board industry has a lot of competition. It is very...
Crazy Prospect Response - I Can't Believe They're Serious!
- I sell a special marketing service for about 3 to 5 GRAND, and on average I can generate $30,000 to $100,000 in net profit for my clients. The problem is, I keep getting told, "That's not in our budget" or "That's more than what we usually pay for marketing help."
- Why do managers get upset if you drop the price so much IF you get the deal to come in?
For instance, if you price high to begin with, but based on your conversation with the potential client, he is only willing to do a low price (that would be an acceptable deal anyways...
B2C help: when the prospect has to talk it over with his/her spouse
- Hello, my question refers to how to respond to the stall/objection 'I need to talk it over with my husband'. My company is a music lessons service, and we send teachers into the homes of our students to give them one hour lessons on a musical instrument of their choice. ...
Getting a big corp do beta trials
- Expert Folks!
Need some advice here:
We have done a lot of prep work with a big corp (long story short,
rounded up techies, CIO, and to some extent CMO).
Their CIO had lot of interest in our solution, as ours is a custom-fit for them solving a huge pain for their IT...
Resistance to Change
- Anytime something new is introduced to a system that represents a change to the status quo there is the potential for resistance. What do you do to eliminate or navigate this resistance?
Losing to the competition...
- Hi all,
I've got a situation I wanted some advice on. I did a demo yesterday for a director at a large account who was the influencer, not the decision maker... (mistake, I know)
He's on the IT side of the project, and hence, is leaning towards our competitor because...
Revisiting "Not Interested"
- In another thread, the topic of dealing with the "We're not interested" objection went down an all too familiar road. Much of the conversation centered on two opposing viewpoints. Simply put, one small camp says "Move on and find people who ARE interested", and the other...
Dealing with the Just give me the PRICE person?
- I work for 24 hour fitness selling gym memberships and personal training. Every once in a while i come across people either on the phone or in person who refuse to take a look at the gym or even give us their info but simply demand "I JUST WANT THE PRICE".
The problem is...
Resistance to Status Quo
- One of the biggest sales challenges I have encountered is a customer that fears change. Let's say they have been using their current solution for 5 years and could benefit tremendously from your new innovative solution. They actually know there are solutions that could...
INDECISION: How do you spell relief?
- INDECISION is a deal killer! How many prospects who say "I want to think about it?" do just that, call back and buy? I would estimate very few.
How do you go about reducing potential indecision and-or resolving indecision when you encounter it?
"I just have a few questions..."
- I work at an inbound call center. I am allowed no call backs and do not have a direct extension. With each prospect, I have one shot. I've been trying to find a way to create urgency with my callers. It seems like, when people call in off of our fliers, their only intention...
Preventing Cancellations on monthly accounts
- My team is currently investigating approaches to preventing cancellations on accounts that are billed a monthly automatic charge for membership.
We deal with our clients via email primarily (currently) and are looking for some general ideas we can develop to prevent...
This is the first place we've been to.
- I sell cars.....well, I sell solutions to problems, cars are the solution. Often times, as an objection, people will say, "This iss the first place we've been to." Usually this is a lie, but whatever. What are some good rebuttals to this objection?
someone elses loyal customer
- Yesterday I made a cold call to a prospect and the receptionist told me that they have had the same vender for 30 years and are loyal to them. How do I get them to listen to my pitch or to even think about change?
Obstacles - Decision Makers
- Hi all..
I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas/suggestions as to how to overcome one of the main obstacle critical in closing sales, that is to meet with the right people, & influence the decision makers.
Many a times, we meet with the users/middle management and...
Are most objections buying signs?
- Would you say that most objections that come up during your presentation are buying signs that basically mean, "I'm interested but not sold on it yet"?
We'll call if we're interested objection
- I showed a home today to some buyers the office gave me. They asked a lot of questions. They looked very interested. They even had a tape measure and measured for their furniture. When we were done they said if they needed any more information they would call me.
We don't want to buy the first thing we see.
- I met with a husband and wife first thing this morning who just arrived in town last night. We looked at three homes and they liked all three but they both liked the last one the most. I asked if they wanted to write a contract and the wife says, "We said (to themselves)...
trying to CLOSE but worried about job loss-
- If you want to close a sale and a prospect says he/she want's the product(windows) but they cannot commit because they are worried about the economy and worried they may be laid off; what is a good sales response to that?
"mr salesman,we like the window but just cannot...
I want to think about it
- Imagine the situation, you’ve spent 45 - 75 minutes with a prospective customer, understanding them and their needs, demonstrating the product that suits them - they like it! You’ve explained your pricing and terms of payment and delivery. After asking a closing question...
objections. invitation or rejection
- All who train claim an objection is an invitation to give more information.Any new piece of information given to a client opens up discussion for a new decision. I believe this statement is true.
I also know that all objections never state they cannot pay my price....
Make my clients fund their trading account
- Fellow sales people,
I recently joined an online trading company as a sales executive.
My main job is to open account and to make client fund their account (at least $400).
Opening new account is pretty easy. The funding part is more challenging. Client tend to delay...
Something to "Think Over"
- In an article that appeared on SalesPractice today, the author wrote:
If you like to think things over, you will be vulnerable to letting prospects do the same thing. Thinking it over is not part of an “effective selling” strategy.
What is your opinion of that...
How would you respond to these objections?
There are a few common objections I get when making B2B calls. I am in uniform / corporate apparel sales which deals with making sales to "chains", where the employees where a uniform or type of apparel at the various locations.
How would you respond to:
- Do Not Laugh
This is a serious question and one that was presented to me by a co-worker on what to do and how to continue.
At first I laughed so uncontrollably until I had tears rolling down my face then I realized he was dead serious as it happened the day before.
Intial meeting with B2C sales
- During one of our round table discussions We started to talk about our intial time spent with our clients. I call this the meet and greet portion of the sales process.
Rarely do I begin discussions on why I am there for at least fifteen -twenty minutes into our meet and...
We will think about it objection
- You Get the Old. Thank You Will think about it, How do you go Along with it what do you say just You welcome Feel Free to call me or try some more Sales Pitching? but if do more Sales Pitching can seem pushy, so Would love to Hear Ideas?
Customer Procrastination is a Lose-Lose Situation
- I worked with a couple buyers lately who procrastinated on buying and lost out on the homes they thought they wanted. It's a lose-lose situation. They lose because they didn't get the home and I lose because I didn't get the sale. What advice do you have for getting...
How often do you make the difference?
- Obviously, selling is a numbers game and doing the numbers allows for sales techniques we are learning or have learned to be practiced.
Now let me post a question - when you come to that moment, after you have studied and learned the skills of how to deal with it, and...
Calling people on their bull****
- I have this habit of calling people on their bull****. In the car business there is the phrase "buyers are liars." This, of course, is very, very, very true. However, I have this bad habit of calling them out when they lie too much. I mean, I'll ignore the first few lies,...
We want to shop around
- I have been getting calls from people living out of state who think they might want to buy or at least check out the possibility of buying a vacation home. Usually they do not know the area or what to expect so they want to shop around and explore their options. The first,...
Handling Buyer Resistance
- Is there a universally accepted standard of procedure sales professionals should follow when handling buyer resistance?
- I have a small inside sales co. (6 salespeople) and we are launching a new service to both existing clients as well as marketing new clients.
Our prospects are very interested in what we are offering... however, most are asking for references prior to committing to the...
Ok. I will compare first........
- I had conversations with costomer, and I already presentations what they want, I sell notebooks. when I push them to make decisions they sad " I will compare with others.". at that times I was sure that They Loved the notebook that I Present to them, they loved the prices...
More on objections and rebuttals
As I was familiarizing myself with some of the threads on the Forum… I found one that was most interesting on the subject of objections and rebuttals. I tried to post until I realized the thread was closed...
What I was going to add was a way that's worked real...
What would your response be?
- Hi all,
I was just interested in knowing what your response would be to a prospect who is hesitent about purchasing your product because he has never heard of your company?
I have recently been in this situation. The prospects is interested in selling my product but is...
Validation NOT Objection
- Our sales approach is to get a buying commitment upfront - obviously that can change as things move ahead - and from the "I want to" to the customer buying, everything in between is about validation, not objection.
What that means is that what we address with the buyer...
- 1. How would you rebut "I'm not interested."?
2. When do you stop giving out rebuttals?
3. Are rebuttals supposed to be scripted?
Sales Resistance ...Is it you or the customer?
- I have been in sales for many years. I have to say I'm not the best at it, but I think I could really be a great deal better with just a touch of more confidence. Do many of you find that the sales resistance you are experiencing is really a lack of confidence on your...
Yours is better but ours is okay with us.
- I am in a category that is very competetive in the direct marketing field. Vacuums. Without mentioning our company I can say we do compete with the largest direct marketing company of vacuums in the world (Kirby) While that is the biggest, it certainly isn't the only other...
Dealing with unrealistic price expectations in auto sales
- I am fairly new to auto sales and still learning every day. One thing that I found is that many customers have unrealistic price expectations on new vehicles and when you explain to them why you can't reach that price number they often get mad and upset and even get up and...
Use another Salesperson/Manager
- Hello all,
Sometime when you hit a roadblock from your client do you find it appropriate to get one of your other sales members or maybe a manager to come in and reiterate what you have said to make the customer feel at ease.
Nothmbdn2;Please explain your...
- Never think that objections are a bad thing. Objections are a very good thing for a salesperson as they are signposts to what has to be achieved to move you closer to a YES! While clients are still objecting, they are still in the game. The objections can be made for a...
How to stop a "Best Price Shopper"
- I know this is a difficult one and i know there are a number of variables.I have used a few different methods.
Just thought i would ask for some new suggestions!!
How do you handle...
- A prospect that says "I'll keep your information on file and if a project comes up that I think fits you I'll give you a call". I think this is just a nice way of telling me to go pound sand. I sell printing services.
We need to pray about it before we decide objection
- I got this objection today from a home buyer, "we need to pray about it before we decide." I'm sure my face looked like this - :hu - when they said it. Has anyone else heard this before? How would you respond?
Life Insurance objections
My name is Savio, I am an new life insurance agent.
As I have started new in this field I am very shy of asking new business
from people, freinds and relatives. I feel that my relatives and friends will reject me for being life insurance agent as they are more sucessful...
"The decision maker is not here" objection
- I often hear "my boss needs to sign this and I can't get his/her attention today."
I always ask if I can speak with the decision maker from the get go. However that person often designates an IT person or an office manager to take care of their Telecom items and report...
We're interviewing several companies objection
- I was told that if you find out that the potential client will be interviewing more than one company that I should ask to be the last to present.
This sounds kind of risky. I mean, what if the guy before me seals the deal?
If you were in this position what would you do?
I'm too busy...
- Please post your response(s) to: "I'm too busy... to talk, meet, etc."
How to approach when price is the issue
- Hi all,
This is my second post in this wonderful forum.
i work in a software services company in India. often, when talking to prospects, the issue of price always springs up. Though i'm confident of my company's abilities, i tend to lose many leads due to the price...
"naw, I dont need anything now" how do you respond to that?
- Maybe someone can give me some advice on this, how to follow up on a quote. I been issuing out quotes to customers and calling them on the phone to follow up on it. Well the last customer I encountered, I called him on the phone to follow up on a quote I put on his desk and...
Reducing sales resistance
- I think many salespeople encounter resistance on a daily basis. Does anyone have any great tips on how to minimize this from happening?
Any suggestion for resistance training?
- If we are to train a sales person to face the resistance from the customers, what are the issues that we must put into our training session so that they could handle the situation?
We're going to use someone else objection
- I've run into a snag... when calling FSBOs some of the Sellers say that if they decide to use a Realtor that they have a friend in the business or have already promised the listing to someone else. Do you think I should move on to the next Seller or is it worth pursuing the...
I've never heard of your company.
- XYZ Sales is one of the oldest and largest widget consulting companies in the State. We've been in the industry since 1892 and in that time we've helped thousands of widget companies, just like yours, to (cut waste, reduce costs, increase profits, etc.).
We do this by...
- Is it possible when negotiating to always end up with a win-win senario? Are there situations where you abandon hope for a win-win result and just try to make sure you don't end up on the losing end?
Sales Objections and Stalls
- I'm starting to believe that no matter how good of a performance a salesperson gives that resistance (objections, stalls) are still likely to come up and that this is normal. Does anyone else feel this way too?
We bought elsewhere objection
- Every once in a while when return a call to a new lead we hear, "We bought one already".
On the surface that seems pretty obvious but in my experience a large percentage of the prospects really haven't bought but are using it as a blow off. For instance, maybe for one...
Send Me Literature objection
- I know this is pretty basic but I'll ask it anyway... when a prospect says, "Send Me Literature," what do you say?
What would you do in this scenario?
- A new agent talked with me today about a scenario he is running into when calling homeowners who are selling without the aid of a real estate agent.
The scenario is quite common and goes something like this... the agent calls the homeowner and as soon as he identifies...
Once Bitten, Twice Shy
- ResistAnce not resistEnce. D'oh!
As I mentioned in my introduction, I am a medical transcriptionist. I am in the process of starting my own business and looking for my first client. I have been answering employment ads because, hey, they're definitely...
Feel, Felt, Found
- Today we learned about responding to objections with a method called; "feel, felt, found".
Does this work because in my mind it sounds kind of corny.
I need to talk with my partner objection
- Every once in a while I get this one, "I need to talk with my partner."
This one is kind of hard to overcome because if you think about it, it kind of makes sense.
What do you think?