The Changing Face of Professional Selling
- Do you believe the suggestion that "professional selling is changing so rapidly that the selling skills that got you where you are today will not be sufficient to keep you there" or is that suggestion just another example of the misinformation that is being spread around...
Sales 6.0 - Trusted Facilitation
- Major changes in manufacturing, transportation, communication and technology have a funny way of finding their way into buying behaviors which often leads to changes in sales practices.
Take for instance the Industrial Revolution. It has been said that, "The Industrial...
Sell Me This Pen
- In discussions among aspiring salespeople about "professional selling" it is not uncommon for questions to surface regarding the skills associated with success in prospecting and/or selling.
It makes sense that salespeople would question how to better achieve their desired...
The Resurgence of Selling
- It seems like you do not have to search very hard online to find "sales experts" or the like forecasting the death of selling. The reasons given for the death of selling vary but Internet access, collaboration enabling technologies, crazy-busy buyers, and rapid change are...
Do You Agree With This?
- I read this recently on an author's blog:
"Given the facts, there is no logical reason to believe that a purchase will follow from our selling behaviors."
Do you agree with that statement?
The Death of Professional Selling
- Today (Jan 12, 2011) I was presented with a link to a blog post titled, "Have We Been Witnessing The Death Of Professional Selling?". In that blog post the author predicted that, "50% of sales jobs – in their present guise – will disappear within three years,...
Xerox Professional Selling Skills
- I heard through the grapevine that the Xerox "Professional Selling Skills" sales training course is still available for purchase. Many have said it was great sales training and worth the money but I wonder if the material is outdated or if there is a better program to...
What is a People Person?
- How would you describe someone considered to be a "People Person?"
IMO, a "People Person" is:
Someone who enjoys interacting with others as evidenced by their daily interactions.
Someone who knows how to and is already winning friends and influence people.
What is inside sales?
- Is Inside Sales another name for Telesales, Teleprospecting, or Telemarketing and what differentiates Inside Sales from Outside Sales (Field Sales)?
Is the difference a matter of Location meaning selling at the customer's location (home or business) vs selling from the...
Top Sales Awards
- It is not uncommon for organizations and businesses, large and small, to give out achievement awards and trophies for employee recognition of positive contributions and/or achievements by individuals, teams and various departments. A number of these entities have a "Hall...
Top Sales Techniques - How to give it to 'em real good!
- It is not easy to give it to 'em if you do not know what they want.
Steve Jobs once said, "A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."
So what is a salesperson to do in such a scenario?
Global Sales Conversation
- Is there such a thing as a global sales conversation? If so, what is everyone talking about? Is the conversation authentic or more of the same self-promotion seen elsewhere online? Does the dialogue create understanding about selling and sales or merely muddy the waters?...
The Best Way to Learn
- Hey guys, I've been wondering about what is the best way of
going about mastering sales skills?
A lot of self-development instructors say read in your field every day,
but here's my thing: Do you want to just keep reading about selling
and practicing what you learn? Or is...
- A sales playbook is a dynamic (vs. static) document (digital or print) which contains sales enablement content (i.e., scripts, processes, case studies) and is regularly revised and/or referenced by sales, management and marketing.
What content goes into a sales...
Brain surgeons have an 80% fail-rate.
- 1 What if newly graduated and trained brain surgeons generated an 80% fail rate in surgery performance? What would you think? What would you recommend?
2 What if 80% of the mechanics just entering the field, failed to perform adequate repairs? What would you...
Sales Best Practices
- What separates world-class sales practitioners from the rest in your opinion? Is part of the difference that these practitioners have discovered and/or learned and now follow sales best practices or smart practices that have shown to consistently provide superior results to...
- As to be expected the use of web enabled technologies in the business or activity of selling is growing each year as... "an ever-increasing number of people are accessing the Internet for information, collaboration and commerce fueling the emergence and evolution of...
The Future of Selling
- Predictions about the future of selling and what is or is not going to happen to sales and related occupations has been written about since at least the late eighteen hundreds. Typically these opinions were published by subject-matter experts of the time. Today amateurs and...
- Are you in search of sales experts with a deep understanding of the true nature of selling who can provide sales training, education, or consulting in personal selling?
Since 1999 SALESPRACTICE.COM has provided sales practitioners from around the world direct access to...
- The Certificate in Professional Sales Practice is a comprehensive program of vocational education that prepares students for a career in sales. This is a formal and structured educational program focused on practical applications of specific skills attributed to success...
Sales Predictions - The Sky is Falling
- In March of 2011 it was predicted that "of the 18 million salespeople currently in the United States, fewer than 3 million will be needed by 2020"
Later in the year it was predicted that "up to 50% of sales jobs – in their present guise – will disappear within...
Sales Education Alliance
- Do you need help with a unique or complex sales project?
Is your company currently facing specific sales issues that you can't seem to get a handle on?
Our consultancy at SalesPractice Sales Training can provide the tools and understanding to dig into the heart of the...
The term, "selling process" is merely an arbitrary term.
- The term, "selling process" is merely an arbitrary term. What really takes place is the EXPERIENCE between buyer and seller. There is no cookie cutter for that.
Thoughts? Do you agree with this? Is it a meaningful distinction?
Sales Training Works!
- Please share with the SalesPractice community your opinion of how to ensure that sales training works.
What is sales training?
- Education and Practice show up in some dictionaries as synonyms for Training. Do you view these as being nearly the same or so closely associated that they can be interchanged? What is sales training in your opinion?
Author Unknown, But the Wisdom Remains Solid
- "If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured, the world will not raise your price"
That's a quote that belongs in the wallet or handbag of any any professional who sells. There simply hasn't been enough career advice in sales training, and it's something that Jeff...
What do all winners have in common? The answer may surprise you.
- What do all winners have in common? The answer may surprise you.
All winners in every field of endeavor know something that others ignore. They know what causes losing.
When Jeff and I, after many long discussions, and much filtering out, decided to launch Path to...
What are The Four Critical Understandings for Sales Success?
- Selling is a thinking person's game.
The following is so simple that it escapes so many people:Every potential customer you meet is comparing the EXPERIENCE they have with you to the experiences they have with others. Your success in selling comes from making the...
Bespoke or Open Course?
I am not a salesman by trade but now have a product/service that I need to sell!
I am the director of a plumbing and heating company that about a year ago started to provide a boiler/heating breakdown cover scheme to our domestic customers. This has taken off so well...
What Would Be the First Thing You Would Say?
- If YOU, at your own level, would have the assignment of teaching a class on selling to thirty sales newbies, what would be the first things you would say after entering the classroom and addressing the students?
Insight Based Selling
- Whether it be in business-to-business or business-to-consumer sales scenarios do you believe insight based selling behaviors offer salespeople a higher probability of success in selling over a less flexible "by-the-book" approach?
So-called Sales Experts - Hyperbole and Misinformation
- I am always on the lookout for insights and information about personal selling that can help me achieve my desired outcomes in my own sales practice. This often leads me to discover blogs and articles written by so-called sales experts. Some of these blogs and articles...
The primary reason sales training fails is...
- I've read about salespeople who received sales training and their productivity went up for a short period of time only to see it go back to what it was before - give or take.
The main reasons given for this productivity pitfall were lack of reinforcement and faulty...
Business to Business Selling
- What if anything has dramatically changed in business to business selling as a direct result of either the Internet or the World Wide Web other than (1) access to information, (2) email, or (3) e-commerce?
What is This Hype About Sales 2.0?
- Makes one wonder.
Is the market saturated for what passes as sales training? Is the misguidance so prevalent today that the Always Be Closing Gurus aren't getting the nibbles they need to make ends meet?
Those are questions.
Suppose the answer to both is yes.
Sales Training - Not Snake Oil... Sometimes!
- OK. I want to first concede that there is a BUNCH of garbage out there, with regards to "Sales Training". But let's be careful before throwing the baby (good sales Training) out with the bathwater (the rest of the garbage).
Yes, there are statistics that show both...
- Is there a place for seat-of-the-pants selling based on or using intuition and experience rather than a plan or method or are more professional sales practices now required?
What is professional selling?
- Professional Selling has been defined as:
"The holistic business system required to effectively develop, manage, enable, and execute a mutually beneficial, interpersonal exchange of goods and/or services for equitable value." (ASTD)
"The interpersonal communication process...
Sales 6.0 and The Future of Selling: Same As It Ever Was
- It seems like the bulk of predictions regarding the future of selling suggest that personal selling is heading towards Trusted Facilitation (Sales 6.0) which really is the same as it ever was.
Changes in technology enable us to connect, engage and interact in new and/or...
Trusted Facilitation is the Future of Professional Selling
- As the demand for efficiency and effectiveness in selling increases because of changes in buyer behavior due to Internet trends and technology more and more sales experts and sales leaders are mentioning trusted facilitation in their work and suggesting that trusted...
Free Online Sales Training
- Hi, I'm new here. I've never studied sales or anything but I do sell products and services in my remodeling business. I think it's time I spend a little more time learning about what I'm doing.
A Google search for sales free online sales training turns up TONS of stuff,...
Dale Carnegie Training
- Has anybody attended a Dale Carnegie Sales corse?
Looking at the 3 day couse "How to Sell Like a Pro", but it runs almost 1600 bucks.
I was wondering if anyone had experience with this course? or any other Dale Carnegie seminars? I have heard amazing things about 'em,...
World Class Sales Training
- When seeking out a professional sales training company or a sales training practice for personal selling skills which elements and/or processes do you feel would be critical in attaining world class sales training?
Need advice on books and training...
- I have been selling screen printing and Tshirts for ten years now. *I mostly use email blasts to acquire sales and it works awesome. *
I am about to move to a new position selling group tickets to a dinner theatre (school groups, company groups, etc) as well as banquet and...
WOW! Thoughts on this?
- I had dinner with the owner of a manufacturing plant recently. He said that he believed that the sales training industry is about as authentic towards education as professional wrestling is to athletics.
How Similar is a Course on Acting Compared to Selling?
- Traditional Sales Training teaches you how to: speak; when to speak; what to say when speaking; how to respond to questions; how to dress; often making you read scripts; all with the goal of generating trust through believability. You just never stop playing the role--sales...
- Frank Bettger wrote, "How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling". For those who have read it what did you take away from reading Frank Bettger's book?
Do you believe this claim?
- I was emailed a link to a training organization's site that made the following quote:
"The top 4% of all professional salespeople sell 96% of all goods & services."- Harvard Business School
How credible do you believe that to be? I have not researched whether HBS is...
Generic Sales Training
- What does the phrase "Generic Sales Training" mean to you? What are the pros and cons of generic sales training?
Selling is a transfer of ...
- Some people say that selling is a transfer of belief. Others say that selling is a transfer of enthusiasm. How would you finish this statement, "Selling is a transfer of ..."
Best Sales Trainings - Your Opinions
- Sandler, Tony Robbins, Carnegie, SPIN, Green Light Selling, High-Probability Selling, Unconscious Selling, Consultative Selling (Brian Tracy et al), Motivational Selling and 100 ways to close (Ziglar, et al).
Each of these trainings has a philosophy - a way of approaching...
Source/Particulars of a Specific Sales Statistic
- Hello, can someone help me locate the source of a popular sales statistic? Thank you. ;sm
I am looking for the source of a famous sales statistic - "81% of sales are closes on or after the 5th sales call."
This statistic is most frequently attributed to McGraw-Hill...
Selling to Consumers (B2C)
- Do you believe the principles of selling are the same for selling to consumers (B2C) and business to business (B2B)?
Is success in selling all about Sales Process?
- Some people would have others believe that success in selling is all about "Sales Process". This process-centric approach to selling suggests that standardized, repeatable and actively managed sales processes provide predictable results every time. Would you agree... do you...
Best Sales Practices
- How often have you/do you seek out best practices or best sales practices for a particular condition or circumstance?
- I recently came across the term, product-pushing peddler. When you hear that term what do you envision in your mind? Put another way, what are the characteristics of a product-pushing peddler?
- Does the phrase "Trusted Facilitator" accurately represent how you view your role in sales?
Warm/Cold Calling & Follow Up- "Unlock the Game" Methodology
- First off, I'm new to the forums so a little about me...
I am not your 'typical' aggressive sales guy. My sales process is a high integrity approach with a high amount of empathy and compassion. I have difficulty pushing myself to be aggressive and I'm not a shark who...
Sandler Sales Training
- Hello, long time lurker here!
Has anyone here ever been through Sandler Sales Training? If so, any thoughts or opinions? Has it worked for you?
Thanks for any feedback!
Universal Sales Process
- Do you believe there is or could be a universal sales process that is effective in all sales scenarios?
Professional Sales Development
- The new year is just around the corner. What action will you take in the upcoming year to further develop your personal selling skills?
Parallels between sales training and snake oil.
- If you query "Sales Training Doesn't Work" in any online search engine you will find thousands of pages devoted to the topic.
By "Snake Oil" I mean, "A product that has been proven to not live up to the vendor's marketing hype".
Is most sales training snake oil and are...
- Being a facilitator/trainer/learning and development manager, I am always looking for new games and exercises to keep my audience enjoying themselves and learning at the same time.
Do you have any exercises or videos that you have found useful and are willing to share?
Must we update the sales training pricing model?
- In a B2B sales environment it can be argued that due to a number of reasons a superior sales team is one of the few sustainable advantages that companies have left and therefore sales training is more important than ever.
Question: In these uncertain economic times are...
Sales 2.0 - What is Sales 2.0?
- It seems like there is still no agreed upon definition, among those using the term, for "Sales 2.0" however on the Sales 1.0 website is the following:How do you define "Sales 2.0"?
For links to related discussions visit: http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-11693.html
Pre-2008 Sales Training – Is It Applicable?
- Recently I came across a discussion elsewhere titled, "Pre-2008 Sales Training – Is It Applicable?" where the discussion starter warned...
... and provided a link to his blog where in response to a list of recommended reading he had found on another sales blog wrote:What do...
Advice needed on resources for high volume sales techniques
I am new to these forums but I would like to ask your advice on where to find resources (books, webinars, podcasts etc) for high volume, short sales cycle online technology sales.
I have just started a new role at a company where the main focus is on selling low cost...
The Sandler Rules
- I'm curious how many members of this sales community have read The Sandler Rules: 49 Timeless Selling Principles and How to Apply Them.
Different sales strategies
- I was thinking about the different sales processes and thought it would be good to create list of different sales processes for anyone in the future.
The process we use is:
1) send postal letter to prospect
2) follow up with call to get appointment
3) have meeting
Sales Theory and Practice
- From your experience in the field of sales, what do you consider to be the single biggest sales theory (or myth) that in practice does not hold true?
Car Sales Training
- From the perspective of a buyer and a seller, which topics do you feel should be covered in car sales training?
Is Selling a Form of Acting?
- There are people who believe that selling can be described as a form of acting, in the context of what actors do. Do you believe that? Thoughts?
Selling from the Heart
- Do you think it is necessary to believe in your product to sell effectively?
Why do you think so?
- Someone once said, "Master salesmanship consists of a series of picture impressions imprinted on the mind of a prospective buyer thru the five senses."
In your opinion what does master salesmanship consist of?
What Do You Think About This Remark?
- Over coffee last week, a friend remarked that he believed that in order to learn success in selling, it is a great help to study failure and the often hidden reasons behind it.
How Should Sales Training Change? What Would You Like to See?
- As a professional sales trainer, I'm always interested in feedback about my seminars and other projects with my client companies, or to my speaking engagements.
But I'm also interested in feedback about the sales training industry in its entirety.
If you've participated...
- What is your core philosophy for your career in sales, and where did you get it from?
Is Selling a Profession?
- I chose this arbitrarily as a definition of "profession". It is from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
While there is no agreed definition of a profession, the ACCC has adopted the definition proposed by the Australian Council of Professions which defines...
SalesPractice RSS Feed
- As mentioned previously at SALESPRACTICE.COM, the aggregation of specialized content (blog posts, articles, etc.) via RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds from different sources on specific topics and published in content communities or topic hubs (e.g., AllTop) can be yet...
What is Your Definition of the word "Sell"
- You're the author of a dictionary and realize the book is ready to go to print, but you screwed up and forgot to include a definition of "Sell."
What definition of the word "sell" would you include in your dictionary?
Hurry up! The final version of your dictionary has to...
What are your thoughts pertaining to this remark?
- Two days ago I was in a conversation with a very successful professional who is in Insurance/Financial planning. The topic was sales education. He made the following observation:"The real stuff that makes people super successful in selling is over the heads of the majority...
- Happy New Year!
If you were asked to name the three most powerful tools in selling, what would you include? Please explain WHY after each.
Please base your answers only on your own success and/or your own experience--not that of others or from something you heard or...
- What's the deal with SPIN Selling questions... do you use or recommend the questions and-or the sequence?
Sales Experts: Scam or Bona Fide?
- Good bye Tommy Hopkins. So long Dale Carnegie. Hasta la vista J.D. Edwards. You are no longer needed... because there is a new breed of sales experts in town who have new and improved ways to sell more productively.
Could it be true? Say it isn't so. Are the teachings of...
- I made the mistake of taking the action selling analysis this evening.... and I'm confused some from it too.... :cu
For one thing it extolled my virtues of how I was an above average sales/presenter/questioner... etc... only to return me a 36% average grade.... that...
- Has anyone ever checked into the Sandler Selling System? I've seen a lot of positive feedback but I'm more interested in knowing what is involved. Is it a continuous program of classes and seminars? Is it a 10-week course? Those kinds of things.
Sales Cycle: How to shorten the sales cycle.
- For sake of discussion let's say that...
...the prospect trusts you, respects you and values the relationship.
...you are working with a prospect who has the authority, budget, want and need for your product or service.
...the prospect feels you have the most compelling...
Retail Sales Training
- How would you define good personal selling at the retail level and what are the basic skills required to be effective in retail sales?
Improving my sales job!
- I am really keen to find out more about any sales training days/courses that are out there at the moment. Also I would love to hear from people who have taken a course or who has enrolled themselves onto one of these day courses?
Are they worth while? Or do you think you...
Are you a sales dinosaur?
- I think a sales dinosaur is anyone selling for a living whose sales practice hasn't evolved beyond pitching an offer to anyone who will listen.
What is a sales dinosaur to you?
Tailoring a sales training program
- So I'm working on re-doing our sales training at our company and am trying to design the training part of the website. If you could please critique this entry that would be great!
As a company we recognize that each sales representative is an individual and tailor our...
What is Your Source of Education in Sales?
- Here's a topic that seems sparse on this forum, with a few notable exceptions:
What is your source of education in sales?
Curious as to formal training, indoctrinations into specific methodologies, actual mentoring, etc.,
What books, for instance, were used as a...
The Best companies to Sell For?
- I am a sophmore in college looking to start a career in sales what are a few of the best businesses to sell for i.e training, pay, etc.
How do you look at yourself as a Sales Professional
- I'm in worksite marketing. I'm not anywhere near as sophisticated as probably anyone else on these forums. There are a lot of terms I don't understand, I had to actually google B2B to discover this meant Business to Business, and I'm still wrestling with C-level manager. I...
- What is the state of salesmanship today compared to 20, 30 or even 50 years ago?
Besides the basics what else is needed?
- Everyone knows the basic steps that we should follow to help with the sales. But besides the steps, and the process, what key personality traits do you believe is important to be a successful sales person?
I kinda touched based on this in a previous post, just curious as...
What are Advanced Selling Skills?
- Occasionally on this forum, references are made to "advanced selling skills". What constitutes those skills?
Profiles on this site are divided into novice, intermediate, and advanced. From the perspective of a novice, an intermediate, an advanced--what are your...
Product Training Ideas
- Hello all!
I am the Sales Trainer for an animal safety corporation and in my recent "bonus incentive" overview I was told I have to create ten different product training modules. Our products are everything from gloves to needles to vaccines to rat bait. Although I...
The 10 Commandments of Sales
- Everyone will tell you to stick to basics when it comes to sales. Yet everyone has different ideas on what the basics are. What exactly are the "Basics" of sales. These are the 10 things that are a must when selling in order to be successful.
1. Confidence: First and...
Pharmaceutical Sales Training Tips
- I'm a personal trainer in Europe and I've got a request to offer a sales training for one of my clients in pharmaceutical.
What I'm looking for is literature and tipps regarding sales process, customer retention etc. especially for the pharma business.
Any tips are...
Sales Masters, Methods and Fundamentals
- With a little input from those in the SalesPractice.com community who are in the know about Sales Masters, Methods and Fundamentals this can become one of the most important sales training discussions a salesperson ever reads.
Let's use this thread as an opportunity to...
Sales: A Definition
- Wanted to start a dialogue on the definition of a sale and how that definition influences the methodology you use in the sales process.
The Secret of Selling is Never in the Selling
- "The secret of selling is never in the selling. Instead, it is always in the continuous act of prospecting." --Bill Brooks
I read as much about selling as the next guy and yet I rarely come across this principle of selling that Bill Brooks writes about. What's that about?...
Blame the trainer: Why sales training does not work.
- How much money do companies and individuals have to spend on sales training without seeing the results they sought before the competency of the sales trainer comes into question?
Will you question that most sales trainers fails in delivering long term skill enhancement and...
Professional Sales Training
- Consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness in the domain of personal selling can often be improved by upgrading one's knowledge, skills, and/or behaviors. This can be achieved in a variety of ways (e.g., trial and error, self-directed, formal training) yet few with...
The Best Sales Training
- Hello I'm Curtis Pinkston and I'm new to this forum. The first thing I want to do is thank everyone for making salespractice.com the treasure that it is. My first impression of this site is one of sales professionals who actually want to help each other get better at what...
General vs. Job specific sales training
- I was having coffee this morning with a lady who works for a food distributor. I asked her about the sales training and she said the company conducts the sales training for the new reps in-house. Is that common?
Take your opinion out of the equation, now prove it.
“Those ‘old school’ selling techniques don’t work any more!”
This is the number one unbiased sales training forum - certainly in the English Language in North America, if not the whole world. So, if we cannot learn about...
Next in Line for Reinvention: The Art of Selling
- I read this article, Next in Line for Reinvention: The Art of Selling, and I have to ask, is this really reinventing the art of selling? The only part that seemed different was the part about needing a team instead of one person selling.
Jerry Bresser - List More Sell More
- Find out how you can increase your Listings, Sales, & Profits with a Real Estate Sales Training System that is second to none. Get the listings, price them right and get the "full" commission or better everytime.
For information on "List More, Sell More - The Secret...
What do you like or dislike about sales training seminars and why?
- I don't like the cheesy speaker types anymore than the next person. Beyond just cheesy speakers, is there anything that comes to mind that you really enjoy or dislike about sales training seminars?
If you've ever or plan on ever attending a sales seminar, what would you...
B2B vs B2C Selling - Differences & Similarities
- Hello everyone,
I'm curious to know if anybody has any thoughts on comparisons of business-to-business selling to selling to consumers. What do you see as similarities and differences between these two types of selling?
(Let's leave out of the discussion simple retail...
There is only one true way to sell...
- Is it just me or does it seem like many sales authors/trainers come across as if their sales methods were the only true way to sell?
For instance, traditional sales training might have a place in department store retail but not in luxury boat sales. IMO, that doesn't mean...
Xerox Sales Training
- Widely known as Professional Selling Skills (PSS) ... the Xerox sales training course was considered by many to be one of the best, if not the best, sales courses available at the time. I know there is a xerox training program but is xerox sales training still around or has...
Need Help to develop a good training manual
- Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for your support. I will like to request a litle help in developing or guidence to create a good and direct sales training manual for Customer Sercive agents.specially dedicated to promoting sales via telephone for online pharmacy. ...
Automotive Training in Sales
- I've been in sales for about 20 years and have moved into car sales management about 8 years ago.
The money is good and i ejoy the business.
There is a lack of good automotive sales training out there, can anyone point me in the right direction please?
General sales training or industry sales training
- This is a hypothetical - you just got out of college and want to start a career in selling cars, insurance, real estate or some other large industry. What kind of sales training would you recommend? Would it be industry specific or more general?
Is there a list of...
- I've been educating myself online ;sm and have a question about the AIDA model. Here is a definition - I don't remember exactly which ones but some of the old sales books I've read said to use AIDA when selling. I might have even read that here. Is that a good model to...
Are there any SPIN Selling followers here?
- Hello all!
I'm new to this forum. I would like to find some help with SPIN selling methods here so looking for this theory followers.
1. The first question maybe obvious is: does it work? :)
2. Do I have to make a rapport with a customer before going deeper and...
Company Known for finest sales training program??
- Hi all, I hope you guys are doing great! This is actually my very first post ever, I am so happy to find a sales forum! I just wanted to get some of your expert advice:
I am looking to find a job in sales with a company that is KNOWN to have on of the finest sales training...
Real estate sales training
- I have not studied sales training too terribly much but I think I have picked up enough to understand what it entails in my business (real estate).
Here is what I have picked up so far:
Ask questions to find out if you are working with a qualified prospect.
- Has anyone here ever taken the Jerry Bresser real estate sales training course? If so, would you recommend it?
My biggest challenge with SPIN Selling
- My biggest challenge with SPIN Selling... is NOT the system or model. In fact, I would suggest that SPIN Selling is one of the best, if not the best, selling system out there today.
My biggest challenge with SPIN Selling was the material on, "Preliminaries: Opening the...
What I like most about SPIN Selling
- What I like most about SPIN Selling... besides the thorough research, has got to be the show of effectiveness for the different SPIN (Situation, Problem, Implication, Need-Payoff) questions.
I think if more salespeople understood this the types of questions they use would...
The new era of selling
We all know how marketing has replaced selling and we talk about placing the marketing in each department of the organisation.
But the point to ponder is that what ever may be the situation without a effecient sales department you can not expect to compete and...
Who buys sales training?
- Most everyone I've known who went through sales training did so at their employer's expense. I haven't worked with anyone yet who has gone out and paid for sales training. Realistically, who buys sales training?
do you use selling techniques?
- What im asking in the title is Do you Use Techniques when you sell like do you think to your self im gona try this techninque on this customer or do you just go with the flow? Personally I just go with the flow As in i dont think to my self of any Techniques but do work on...
What is Consultative Selling?
- The American Marketing Association dictionary defines "consultative selling" as:
Google gives different definitions:
selling products or solutions that are complex by providing expertise.
working with customers to discover their needs and work out an acceptable business...
Sales Training: Salesmanship and Empathy
- Sales Training: Salesmanship and Empathy is the title of the front page of this web site which is begging the question of the relationship between salesmanship and empathy.
Is it the salesman's job to create empathy with the prospect and how is that accomplished?