Is it possible to not negotiate?
- I've had sales (cars) where the customer absolutely had to have what I was selling, he came to the lot with his mind already made up that he was buying, and that was it. There was no negotiating, just doing the paperwork. Is it possible to do this with more customers, in...
Negotiation, sales and need
- We have had several threads discussing NEGOTIATION. I have to admit that I'm personally not relating well to negotiaton and sales as processes with pretty much parallel similiarities.
I've seen it said that people will not buy from us for essentially 5 base reasons. They...
Knowing when to negotiate...
- "Knowing when to negotiate is as important as how to negotiate."
Here is a quick tip on negotiating:
Client: "Before we get into the details, just give me an idea of what this will cost."
What do you think about collaborative negotiation?
- Is there room for this approach in sales or do you think it's just a feel good approach that doesn't lead to results?
As follow up, what exposure have you had to collaborative negotiation techniques that leads you to your conclusion?
Is it time to RE-negotiate your contracts?
- In this economic climate, what do you think about re-negotiating your contract terms? Have you been asked to do this or have you approached those you're in contract with? If so, what types of issues are being re-negotiated, with what outcome? What impact, if any, has the...
Crucial Elements of a Negotiation
- In my opinion there are five crucial elements that make up a successful negotiator:
Your confidence levels are important to your credibility and the client’s perceptions of the power you hold. Confidence levels are improved by your negotiation competence,...
When buyers lose out because of poor negotiating.
- Last weekend I was working with a family who wanted to buy a home. They found the home they wanted and were going to pay full price when another family member got involved and said they should make an offer below the asking price because it had been on the market for a...
"Win - Win" Rules - Know what and when to hold back
- It is a great temptation for some sales people to put all their cards on the table at once so the pitch sounds like a “Demtel” commercial where you not only get this, but also get this, and this, and we’ll even throw in this. Don’t be tempted, always hold something back for...
When is a low offer an insult?
- Usually Sellers want as much as they can get for their home and Buyers want to buy the home at the lowest price they can get it for. This probably why so many people make and negotiate offers. I get that.
What I don't get is how some people offer pennies on the dollar on...
- This is probably a unique situation to this message board. This is a long post, feel free to change the channel if you do not have the time for it.
My business partner and I are filmmakers. We have formed an L.L.C. to support our current project. I'll briefly explain...
How soon do you begin negotiating?
- In my field, it is rather easy to close a deal. We do offer the best product in the industry, are the best in customer satisfaction and have the lowest prices (at least this is the information I've been given by my predecessors and from what I've gathered through research,...
Aspects of Negotiation - Time
- The time constraint or restrictive deadline that affects at least one side.
Theoretically, this is what governs the length of the negotiation and therefore the deadline. However, always remember that a negotiation is not an event but an ongoing process that is usually...
Aspects of Negotiation - Power
- Power is a means to an end and is based on perception. It is the perception by others that you can bring events to pass that can either assist their case or damage their case.
When the other side believes you to have more specialised skill or knowledge than they do, you...
Aspects of Negotiation - Information
- As negotiation is usually an ongoing process, you have time to gather information on what the other party really wants. The ease of gathering this information depends on how early you start – weeks or even months beforehand is far better than hours.
How to know you are in Negotiation
- :cu What we are seeking to achieve is negotiation, however, the line is fine between this and a dispute and consultation.
NEGOTIATION is a process in which two or more parties with both conflicting and common interests come together and talk, with a view to reaching an...
Negotiating a Low Offer
- Lets say that I want to buy a used car. Like most people I don't want to pay more than I have to. What is a good strategy for negotiating a lower price?
Negotiate on Purpose
- As simple as this sounds... begin with the end in mind. Know specifically what it is that you are trying to get out of your negotiations.
When you know your desired outcome everything can become a path or tool to help you reach your target. ;)