Home > Direct Marketing – Advertising Messages Sent Directly to Consumers
"You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration." -James Allen
Salesgenie, Jigsaw, or other - I have been building a list for some email and calling campaigns I intend to run next year. I have been using Manta to do this manually (slow process). I am interested in purchasing lists to automate this process. My high level criteria is B2B, manufacturing (pick by SIC...
What is telesales? - Is telesales just another name for telemarketing?
email marketing - I am looking for some best practices tips on email direct marketing. Could somebody point me in the right direction..Thanks.
Direct Marketing; What's ur say? - Hi guys I want to know wat u think of direct marketing - Do you like people selling door to door big products like HSBC Credit Card, Pizza Hut cards or any other products or services over other means of marketing like advertisement.
How Do I Get Started In Direct Marketing? - I am from the UK, unemployed, and have a family. I have learnt marketing concepts, and direct marketing is what i like, compared to Internet Marketing. I have come across a site, online, which with a list, you can send out the letters/postcards to, and you just pay for...
A 25.2% response rate on direct mail - I'll share a quick idea I have seen work very successfully over and over again. (Not my idea, one a colleague showed me). Anyone who is old-skool, you probably know of this idea. But it works, repeatedly well. ++ Place a creative, strange shaped
flyer to pass out door to door. ideas??? - This is a post card size flyer I am planning on putting on the front door of homes around a lake and homes within 1 mile of the lake. I designed it as a post card to mail but until I make a sale I don't have the money to mail it. What are your thoughts? The phone number...
door to door flyers?? - OK so I live in an apartment complex with 564 units. We are of all ages and mostly middle class families. I am planning to run a 'maid' service. I'm planning to put the flyers on the doors of each apartment. The front says who I am, my phone and a new email address, and a...
Email list Addresses For sale - For sale. Email addresses, phone number and website address, NOT RESALE RIGHTS. THE EMAILS PROVIDED CANNOT BE INSURED THAT THEY ARE ACTIVE. Details are provided under different categories like real estate, doctors, construction, attorneys, insurance and etc.,
Email Marketing - Does anyone here use email marketing?
Email Cold Calling: Spam? - After a brief hiadas I've decided to get back into business. I couldn't be happier. At first I had 3 clients waiting. Those have since been completely serviced and satisfied. I'm in the web-development business and have been doing it in several capacities for the past...
Telemarketing Questions - Hope I put this in the correct part of this forum. I went through the thread and could not find the answers to some of my questions. This forum got me started doing door-to-door canvassing, last year, and our sales increased by a good 25%. Thank you to every person who...
Are Direct Mail and Email Dead? - Is direct mail spam and email spam so common that they've lost their effectiveness?
Mailers and Flyers - What should they say? - I've been sending direct mail to a few subdivisions for a couple of months now trying to get listings and the results leave a lot to be desired. I've been using oversize postcards that give eight good reasons to list a home with me. That isn't working. What should they say?
Response rates for different mail pieces - Does anyone know where I can find data on what type of mail pieces typically pull better than others?
How to design a good flyer? - I am a personal trainer in a local gym. I understand that flyers are basically "passive marketing" etc....but the fact is, I still have to have one on the wall of the gym. That being said, how do I design a GOOD one? I recently had a potrait taken to use on the flyer....
telemarketing what are some good companies - i have recently had a very bad experience with company out of florida that is supposidly a llc but my lawyer could not find them with the state, also the so called ceo forged my name on a 2600 dollar contract and said i faxed the copy over to him i dont own a fax every...
Letters vs. Postcards - Which do you think is a better strategy for getting new business sending a monthly newsletter or postcards?
More on email marketing - Hi, everyone, I am a newbie and wana read good stuff on email marketing. Is email marketing getting new tactics in practice like sending a video to customers, etc.? I too wish to apply some new approach towards my email marketing rather than the age old...
What do most of you pay for Direct Mail postcards? - The yellow page company I work for just recently started selling quarterly postcards that are sent as a deck to high income households. Just curious what the going rates where around the country?:hu
Telemarketing Reverse Mortgage - I have been engaged with cold calling for reverse mortgage for about a year and a half now and still I'm at a lost on how to set-up an appointment with senior citizens. Anybody has ideas to make this work, please let me know. My people are getting 3 appointments only for...
Periodic Mailings: In-house or Outsource - Just curious... for those who send out routine mailings do you do the work in-house or send out to be performed. Also, if I wanted to outsource my mailings what vendors are available?
Telemarketing projections - We are planning a telemarketing campaign to sell a ski package to a little unknown tourist destination. I expect to provide a list of propects to call center that will perform this telemarketing effort. We do not have a sure projection of the size of the list, but we will...
Are direct mail response rates on the skids? - A couple of days ago I was listening to a colleague talk about the history of direct mail. He mentioned that direct mail response rates weren't what they used to be twenty or thirty years ago. Do you agree?
Response From Flyers - Hi there everybody, Here in the UK the Royal mail provides a service to drop single sheets of a4 flyers to postcode areas designated by you.Does anyone have any first hand experience of this regarding the sort of response rates possible or even ideas from design to...
Direct Mail Tips - I am a firm believer in Targeted Direct Mail Campaigns. In fact, my business, income and existence thrives on it. I haven't been around as long as some of you 30, 40 or 50 yr. sales people have; I've been selling now for 17 yrs. However, I have learned quite a few things...
Windshield Flyers - I can't go to the movies or mall any more without having a windshield flyer placed on my car? How effective do you think this really is conversion wise?
How to get your mail piece opened - I want to start sending direct mail to a few subdivisions. I know you're suppose to use a first class stamp and hand address the envelopes. What other ways help to get the mail piece opened?
Best and Most Cost Effective Way to Direct Market - What is the most Effective and Direct Way too Market that is Budget Effective without costing over the limit?
Telemarketing - What is your take on this? Does it serve its purpose or will it just be an annoyance to the prospective buyer?
Branding vs. Direct Response - Do you see any advantage of branding over direct response marketing or vice versa?
Telemarketing Tips - We have agents that cold call, via telemarketing, homeowners who are selling their homes without an agent. The agent's goal is to set an appointment to meet with the seller(s) at the property for the purpose of presenting our real estate services. Does anyone with...
Most effective postcard sizes - I'm wanting to put together a direct mail campaign using postcards. I know a lot of people talk about the effectiveness of different postcards sizes so... what is the most effective size?
Email newsletter formatting/general advise - I have been trying to assist a friend who set up a womens' clothing boutique in a small shopping centre in a medium-sized city. The place is on a well-trafficed road very near a large university but the centre itself is about half vacant except for a large supermarket,...
Telephone Solicitation - In my job we are asked to make cold calls via the telephone. This is one of the parts of my job that I dislike the most. It seems like whenever I call either nobody is home or they are rude. Does anyone else have the same experience?
Newsletter to Market to Prospects - I am working on my marketing plan for 2006 and I would like some feedback from the great marketing and sales minds on this forum. I am especially interested in what you guys have to say since most of you don't work in my industry and probably have an easier time thinking...
Best practices for selling via email - Recently I reclaimed my job of a new car salesman at the #3 Mazda dealership in the US. When I came back, they had made drastic changes...they eliminated the internet department and started handing out internet leads to all of the salesmen on the floor. I think this is...
Mass Emailing logistics - My brother in law in an artist. He pulled 100 email addresses from a book that lists US art galleries. He has a basic hotmail email address. He sent out 100 emails (copying and pasting in the email addresses--a couple at a time). He received 5 responses--but they came...
Do Not Call Registry and Telemarketing - For those whose marketing efforts have included outbound telemarketing calls, how has the "Do Not Call Registry" impacted your efforts? Do you scrub your telemarketing list against the DNC database? Do you still call anyway? Have you moved away from telemarketing?
Periodic Mailings: Mail Piece Shelf Life - Sending out periodic mailings to a target audience can be a great way to build name recognition and position yourself as an authority figure. One factor that I consider when deciding on a periodic mail piece is "Shelf Life". Or put another way... how long will the...
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.