Home > Prospecting Identifying and Finding Prospective Buyers
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
What is the best prospecting or lead generation method? - If you've already identified 50 suspects, then you've already generated the leads, so you can cross "lead generation" off your list, at least for this group. Next, you need to see if you can turn those suspects into prospects. If you want to do marketing, do mail or...
Are lists for cold calling and direct marketing only? - Yes. For direct marketing purposes, your response rates will depend upon a number of factors, such as the quality of the list, quality of your offer, frequency of touches from your campaign, and how targeted it is. If I'm selling, let's just say, anti-baldness...
HELP!! how to find new leads?? - Hi everyone I am new at this forum, and I am looking forward to help others and find new ways to increase my sales skills. I been in sales for most of adult life, and have always enjoyed it very much. I am secure and Have no problem with cold calling. And booking...
Transaction-Ready Leads - Is finding transaction-ready leads or sales-ready leads the key to higher closing rates in selling? If that is the case, would a salesperson be better off by only calling on those people that fit that description?
Qualifying Phone Calls into A++ Leads - Hi Everyone, This is my first post on your site after being recommended to me by one your members. I'm new to a sales management role in the Retail Home Improvements section. I have one of my team members that is very new to the industry and is keen to do anything to...
Buying the best lead list - I am looking to purchase a lead list of small businesses owners for B2B cold calling and corporate executives (ages 40-70) B2C. I am a financial advisor and I need to do a lot of cold calling. Which is the best company for lead lists and what is the average price for say...
Tracking leads and contacts - I am in charge of a group of consumer account managers and need a better way to track who they are making contact with. Really I need something that will help take them through the whole sales funnel from start to closing of the sale. We do a lot of door to door sales...
When to factor a lead out - Hi, I just had a call where the person ID'd themselves as a DM, but I have my doubts. The person who picked up the phone stated that they were the DM, but my gut tells me that they were a receptionist. My list has company names, but not company owners. How can one be...
How to organise prospects, leads etc - Hi Everyone - I am Joe and I am new to the forum. I run my own successful small family company and whilst we have a loyal customer base of existing clients I am currently trying to develop new business in a very sluggish UK market. Typically I will track down customers...
Lead scoring methods and tools - Do you practice lead scoring? Which methods and/or tools are you using to systematically score and qualify sales opportunities?
I have the fear and i dont know why??? - Hi Guys I have been in sales for over 10 years and i am still here because i am good at it/was good at it?! I started a new role about a year ago amidst the recession and over the year i have progressively gained a fear of picking up the phone... i even noticed last week...
What's a good database for B2B? - Hi, I have found it much easier to do cold calling when i know detailed information about the company including main contacts. What database do you guys use for cold calling B2B? its important for me to be able to sort them by revenue, employees, industry and location (i am...
Paying for Lead Generation? - Does anyone here do that? Any stories you'd like to share?
Lead generation is a popularity contest. - If popularity is defined as "the quality of being widely admired or accepted or sought after" then lead generation really is a popularity contest wouldn't you think?
Outsourcing prospecting was raised in another thread - and I got to thinking ....why? We don't outsource other parts of the sales process usually do we. I wonder if there is a market for selling the outsourcing of.....let's see....closing? Handling objections? What do others thing to my little observation?
Outsourcing your Prospecting - What's everyone's thoughts on outsourcing your prospecting. Can you imagine how great it would be to have someone else make your cold calls? If they were even better at it then you then bonus!
What % of Your Job is Prospecting? - Salespeople: Please take the poll: what percentage of your current job do you consider to be prospecting for business? There is a great diversity of sales positions represented here at salespractice, so look forward to your answers. Skip Anderson
Sales Lead Generation - What proven sales lead generation methods do you like best?
Questions lead to answers. - My hiatus from Sales Practice is/was not personal, I am busy building a renewable energy and energy efficiency business, which is consuming all my energy (pun intended). And, in so doing, I am front line again – and, man, does it feel great! By front line I mean...
Leads From Craigslist - I'm often asked if it's worth advertising on free ad sites like Craigslist to acquire leads. In my opinion, no, it's not. It's been my experience that leads from free advertising sites convert very, very poorly. So I personally don't attempt to acquire leads that way...
What are sales leads? - If suspects are companies or people who fit an ideal customer profile and prospects are companies or people who have expressed an interest in what you offer then what are leads?
No cost real estate prospecting... - Hi, I have owned a real estate office for many years but closed it, due to an ugly divorce, and starting in a new area. I know lots of ways to get leads but they all take money, which I don't have right now, I need to sell something quick! I have tried flyers in an...
Finding contacts - I am a sales rep in the technology industry. For many years I was a classic "farmer" with a limited number of large accounts. After a while I got to know a lot of people at each account. Currently, I am in a classic "hunter" role. My challenge is to find the right people in...
New ideas for prospecting in Car Sales - I've had a couple of people email me because car sales are slow. It's no secret, the economy is bad. The foot traffic that we had 6 months ago is gone. So for you lot lizards like myself, who had a good 60% of their sales come from fresh lot ups, it may be a little...
Trade Show Lead Generation - What do you guys think of trade shows for lead generation? I've been to good ones and bad ones. The bad ones I'm there usually just so our company has a "presence".:(
Prospecting ideas for a banker - Okay. I admit that my creativity is stiffled on this one. In this current business climate, how should a business banker prospect when they have NO competitive advantage, monies are tight, credit lines are hard to come by without squeaking clean credit. All they have is a...
Is the internet a prospecting distraction? - Using the internet for prospecting seems to be a distraction sometimes. Are we better off prospecting the old fashion way?
How do I increase the % of my internet and call lead apntmnts to people that show? - Asked in General forum with no luck on responses, maybe you guys can help. First off, I am in automotive sales. We get leads generated via email and phone-ups. Now typical lead we call the cutomer and get information on vehicle they are wanting and set-up an appointment...
What is the difference between prospecting and cold calling? - Why do some salespeople think "cold call" when they are asked if they "prospect?" What's the difference?
White paper lead generation - When I see a page that offers "10 steps to sell your home fast" just subscribe here it turns me off. Do you think white papers are still a good way to generate leads on the Internet for real estate?
Sales scripts or wing it? - Hello. Should a successful telesalesperson approaching prospects using prepared and well rehearsed scripts and objection handling or should every call with a prospect be unique?
Are you too busy for prospecting? - I schedule time at least twice a week for door knocking and telephone prospecting sessions. I just played golf with a couple guys from another office who felt they were too busy for such rubbish. Are you too busy for prospecting?
Smokestacking - Sales Prospecting - Has anyone ever heard or use the term "smokestacking"?
Qualifying Sales Leads - What criteria should sales professionals be qualifying or disqualifying against?
Prospecting To Existing Customers(Banking & Finance) - Hi, I just wanted to get some tips/help in building up my sales. A little bit of background about me. I currently work for a large australian bank as a Financial Planner, and I am lucky enough to have tellers and mortgage lenders who generally refer qualified leads to...
Need Help Finding Companies !!!!! - k so here's the situation, I currently work as an inside salesman where I have to build my own book of business. The problem is i am having a very hard time finding companies in Canada to call and promote my products and services. I have tried many business directories...
Lead Response Time - Anyone have any ideas as to the best time to call back a web lead?
How am I supposed to Make $ if ALL my leads are in Timbuktu? - I just got my lead list today, and ALL of them are over 160 miles round trip away. So its a 2 hour drive up and a 2 hour drive up. If I get no call/no showed, then obviously I make no money. For every 5, I have probably 1 sale, including the no shows. With the price of gas...
Where do the best leads come from? - What lead sources usually produce the best most qualified leads? Usually I hear referrals are the best and cold calling is the worst.
How to make your prospecting call a welcome interruption. - "If your imagination leads you to understand how quickly people grant your requests when those requests appeal to their self-interest, you can have practically anything you go after." – Napoleon Hill It's possible when you call on a prospect that the prospect is...
What is the difference between prospecting and lead generation? - Is prospecting different than lead generation? What is the difference?
How much time should be used for prospecting? - Is there a rule of thumb for what percentage of your time should be used for prospecting?
Prospecting Tools? - What are some of the better tools out there for prospecting aside from search engines? What do you use most to generate leads?
Prospecting - What do you use? - There are so many types of prospecting - What form do you use primarily in order to achieve your results in Business Development?
What is prospecting? - What IS sales prospecting? Some say it is the search for prospects to call on. Some say it is sorting through the masses to find the real buyers. What does it mean to you?
Getting it Right - The Big Trick to Lead Generation - I want to make sure I'm getting this right. The big trick to lead generation is using the right medium to get the right message in front of the right people at the right time. Is that it? Was there something more?
sacred hours - do you block out certain times of the business day to not call prospects? first/last thing, lunch, etc? I think lunch calling is a bit rude, isn't it? first thing in the morning can be harsh - same with last thing in the day. so what do You do/recommend? what hours do you...
Telephone Prospecting - Telephone prospecting is about finding people who already know what they want and are ready, willing, and able to make the purchase right? So why wouldn't these people have already bought or already be talking with someone about it? If I was ready to buy a car I would be...
auto sales prospecting - What's the best way to prospect for used car buyers? You could call a list but who would be on the list?
Prospecting to individuals - I have a market area of about a 30 mile radius. My product is geared towards individuals (families), not businesses. I am interested in anyones success stories regarding prospecting in the individual market.
prospecting for the new guys! - Hello all, I have read and read and I still don't have a good idea how to sale. Everyone tells me that I have the perfect personality and I can talk to anyone. My problem is I don't know if I should just walk into the clients office unannounced or should I try and...
non payers & lead creation - I run a website which has a lot of content provided by other companies. The concept is that I sell them space on my website (a full page) for a text and image article. A lot of the site content was provided on the basis of a free promotion for a limited period. My...
Buying Sales Leads - I was colded called about purchasing sales leads. Is this something that i can use with success or is wasting my money. I have never used a lead company before?
Sales Lead Generation Companies - Do you use leads to prospect for your business? Buying leads to prospect for your business can be a very important tool for your business. The key is to purchase targeted leads to your type of business and buy them from reputable companies. Find the lead companies that...
What is a sales lead? - I have a vague idea on the matter. How can it be generated? And what should be done once you have it?
Generating leads by the thousands - I have recently started a tourism promotions business. In short, the idea is to increase tourism in my local community and to make the effort self-sustaining such that it need not be funded with public dollars. In order to create and maintain this market, it is necessary to...
How to qualify sales Leads? - With the leads coming from different sources, it is the responsibility of the marketing department to qualify the prospect lists and send it to the sales department. Are there any tools (or) standards to qualify a lead?
Where do most of your sales leads come from? - Networking, Referrals, Word-of-mouth Repeat Business Internet Marketing Advertising Direct Marketing Cold Calling - Cold Canvassing
Prospecting is a marketing function - I've been online all night reading about sales and marketing and last night I read somewhere that prospecting is a marketing function. Why would prospecting be a marketing function?
Is Lead Generation Dying? - Lead Generation is considered as one of the marketing tool online that will always work. With the increased use of internet, users research a lot of information. But the leads that are fradulent are definitely going to waste the client's time. Will lead generation kill...
Social clubs, lodges, etc... a tried and true lead-builder - As I've been reading through some posts, it reminded me of an old standby that has never been at a loss for generating some good leads. Most every town has social clubs such as Rotary Club; Lions Club; Knights of Columbus; Moose Lodge; etc. These organizations do good...
SalesGenie.... anyone ever use this? - Hello Board, I get a lot of spam-like e-mails from a company called SalesGenie. They pass through my spam filter which is pretty tight, so I must be on their list somehow in an appropriate fashion. Anyway, it seems to be a lead-generation service. Has anyone on the board...
lead development - Hi everyone. I am new to the sales field and so glad I found this site. I am currenty working for a company that has just started a sales dept. so there is not many recources as far as training is concerned. I am doing relatively well selling to customers who have even a...
Prospect organization & maximizing leads - I'm looking for input on how everyone manages their prospects. What organizational method do you use to keep track of contact info. Not only how you manage the names and phone numbers, but after you've made initial contact and are given follow up instructions (ie: ...
What percentage of your leads are company generated? - What percentage of the leads you receive every month are company generated?
Sales Leads - As an IMR for a marketing company in town, I'm trying to find out a good way to get new contacts to call on who need a new idea to market their products. I've read all the post about cold calling and meeting the big boys and I'm really impressed with the help you all are...
Sales Prospecting Basics - Hi Everyone: I'm new at sales, representing insurance products I really believe in. Here's my problem. My target - employers who will payroll deduct premium for their employees and provide access - have been hit repeatedly by new agents for years .... How do I...
Call Reluctance - I have to admit that calling on new prospects is not my idea of fun. I know I'm not alone on this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this more bearable?
Lead generation using a "free report" - I'd like some input. With much thanks to Bald Dog (who never resisted an opportunity to talk about the power of autoresponders), I have decided to give them a try. Since I have never done this before, I'm wondering if anyone has some guiding suggestions for me. I am going...
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.