Most Referrals are a Waste of Time
- More than a few salespeople have suggested that most referrals are a waste of time. There must be a grain of truth in that statement somewhere. In your opinion, under what circumstances would the suggestion that most referrals are a waste of time ring true?
Deception: Fake Referrals
- Twice now that I can remember someone called our department saying they were asked by a referral to call us. I took both of these calls and asked who was the referring source and both times the caller couldn't come up with a name.
Starting off a call with deception is not...
Familiar Resources: Who do we know that does that?
- I wonder... when you, me or anybody is considering setting out in search of a product/service to satisfy a want/need how often the question, "Who do we know that sells/does that?" comes up?
Would you say that question comes up often? If you believe the question does come...
Real estate referral building
- I need some ideas to gain referrals while being new to real estate
I have recently started in real estate sales, specifically new home sales, and have had only 5 customer walk-ins over the course of 50 days. My sales skills are good, I feel I can close, however, I need...
How to get referrals.......from clients who dont buy
- There is real power in transferring credibility through a referral.....
The upside of this is less resistance, fewer objections and more sales..........
How do you ask for a referral from someone who did NOT do business with you??
Referal email wording
- Ive been reading the referal posts, which have been very helpful.
Im still curious to know how to word an initial email request to a client, without sounding cheeky...or worse...passing the buck.
- i wish begin building a network of clients through other people whose clients may be interested in my field (exercise & nutrition)
that would be anyone a client of a chiropractor,osteopath,nutritionist,wedding/event planner,massage therapist and so on.
it was recommended to...
- Instead of asking people to give you a name and contact number of someone, just get them to email a friend and copy you in. This is much less threatening and far more effective.
Tell the referrer what you'll do. Just email an introduction note and nothing...
You Know When...
- You know when a water pipe breaks in a person's house and the water from the pipe ruins a bunch of their stuff? I give them the money they need to replace their old stuff with new stuff.
You know when a person driving without insurance hits and injures a person? I...
How to Use Business Cards Effectively.
- I am an life insurance agent and I want to know on how to use your business cards to introduce yourself to prospects you meet at networking functions, social functions etc to generate business. What exactly should one say to the other person. I would appreciate if you can...
Referrals - Before the close experiment
- As we all know, a referral is one of the strongest leads a salesperson can own. With the type of product and service I sell, I am asking for referrals as much as I am asking for the sale. I do this with all of my prospects and with a solid success rate. In return, I have...
getting referrals (vacuum sales)
- I'm in vacuum sales and we give our customers a lead sheet to write down leads on and then ask them to call those leads, but it is so hard to get people to actually call them. I'm always having to make cold calls. We offer gifts for people who set up a certain amount of...
Reverse Referral - Try It!
- I recently picked up a tip that I like, and as soon as I put it in practice I got a warm response, so I'm sticking to it.
We're all looking for referrals, but even when you get one you are still calling on someone who doesn't know you and immediately suspects you want...
How to get Referrals
- What is the best way you have found to get referrals? Is there a process that you always follow?
- Please post your scripts(s) on asking for: "Referrals."
Welcome Letter and Continual Promotions
- At the moment I'm toying with some ideas for my shop/business/team that I'd like to throw out there (looking for both ideas and personal thoughts).
Before I start, I'll state that my work environment is retail (shopping centre) outlet which has been a preferment fixture...
How to give business cards
- ;bg What should I really say when meeting people in parties and social functions and handing over my business card. Should I say I am life insurance agent and if you want to take a policy or if you need any policy servicing I will be glad to help you out. or should I tell...
Is networking a wild goose chase for salespeople?
- Some of you might think I'm off my rocker but this is a serious question. Is networking a wild goose chase for salespeople? If it isn't effective then I think it should stop being promoted as a good use of time. Please post your opinion on networking.
I don't know anyone to refer you to.
- I looked and didn't see this talked about before so I'll ask. Do you find that a lot of people don't know of anyone to refer you to? Does that happen a lot?
How important are referrals?
- I'm pretty new to selling and I hear a lot about "Referrals."
Just how important are referrals really? I've checked around the office and everyone gets them but they don't live on them.
What's a good target to shoot for in terms of X percentage of business coming from...
Elevator speech and referrals
- I heard something tonight I wanted to get input on.
In your opinion, do prospects and customers need to know your elevator speech if you expect to get referrals or expect them to recommend you to other people?
Tips for More Client Referrals -- Easier
- Some ideas I can think of to subtly remind your clients you want referrals include using package inserts, regular mailings, special offers, coupons, referral letters, short notes, article clippings, and yes, even e-mails.
Let me say, up front, nothing is more important...
Discounts for Referrals
- Hello everyone. Do you think giving a discount to clients who give me referrals would cheapen my service? Do you think it's a good incentive to give referrals?
Never, EVER forget to thank your referrer
- Sometimes the obvious slips by us, so I'll take a moment to state it here for this thread. When you get a referral, never ever forget to thank the person who made it happen for you. Of course it's important to do so at the time, but it's also a good practice to re-visit...
Referral Best Practices
- Which referral processes and activities have been shown in practice to be the most effective?
Referals from Realtors
- As there is a plethora of Realtors on this site I was hoping to get a real good answer for this question. First statistics I have read read that 68% of home buyers are refered to a mortgage broker from there Realtor. So my question is to the Realtor community or anyone...
Tutorial - 60 Second Commercial
- Have you designed your "60 second commercial" for business events or social gatherings?
I'm researching this right now and will share what I've learned so far. If you have any improvements, opinions or comments don't hold back. ;co
Step 1: Who, What, and Where?
Your 60 Second Commercial
- I've been doing some coaching with local business people on how to do their 60 second commercial at local meetings. If any of you ever attend local meetings, it's a lot of "I do this...." and "See me after if you're interested"
For a wedding photographer, we came up with a...
Need Ideas - 10 new contacts a day
- Hi folks,
I need ideas on this topic. As a 1-year old real estate agent (albiet middle-aged) I have heard and read all the basic concepts. The one I struggle with is adding 10 new contacts a day to your database. Note I said contact -maybe, maybe not actual "leads." ...
New idea... for me anyway!!!
- I’ve just had an idea to generate referrals, please let me know what you all think.
The concept is to share my perspective and experience in a way that adds value to my existing customers and anyone they refer me to. The plan involves me writing a 10 page,...
Trusted Advisors are a great networking source
- I've found on several occassions that "trusted advisors" such as attorneys, financial advisers, etc. are a fantastic source of networking. I've gotten the best leads of my career because I did something to impress an individual who was trusted by his or her clients. When...
- Here's a question I've had for a long time. Should you compensate others who send you a referral? I've asked many of my friends and everyone's answer is different.
Thank you in advance for your help. :)
Four New Customers
- I'm pleased to report that I gained four new customers yesterday. I contacted three of them by phone after spending some time remembering some of my former friends and acquaintenances. All of them seemed very happy to hear from me and wanted brochures right away. ;bg
- Has anyone ever sought a mentor in the industry you work in? I've had two mentors throughout my professional life, and both were great opportunities not only for leads, but also to learn. I know that in certain industries, salespeople like to keep leads to themselves and...
Life Expectancy of LEADS
- What is the life expectancy of a lead?
One of our members raised the subject of leads and referrals. This is an improtant subject indeed, because for many of us leads are the life blood of our business. I have copied my reply to Wayne on here, and have added some...
How to ask for a testimonial
- I'm wanting to put a few pages of written testiomials in my presentation book. What's the best way to go about asking for a testimonial? What do you say to the client?
Asking for referrals
- What would be a good script to use when asking for a referral?
For instance, "Hey, what's your sign? Do you know anyone who wants to buy a such and such?" :D
- I saw this article earlier today and thought others might find it of interets. http://www.usatoday.com/money/books/reviews/2005-07-25-buzz-marketing_x.htm
Boosting Referral Rates
- What ideas does everyone have for boosting referral rates? Maybe a little referral solicitation? Reciprocation for referring? ???
The new tool WOM
- Its the latest and the most effective means to reach the consumer by cutting the clutter which is created by the usual marketing methods.
i will put an article about WOM in few days.
your views and responses ae welcome.