High energy sales meeting ideas
- I am a sales manager in control of 14 sales professionals and my position requires me to host regular meetings to uplift and push my team forward.
Can anyone offer any ideas for high energy sales meetings or games that can be played as part of an early morning briefing?...
Who coaches the coach?
- It has been suggested that to improve sales performance a person would often times benefit from being coached. Would the coaches themselves benefit from following the same advice? Do you think that is a common occurrence, coaches being coached? If so, who coaches the coach?
Sales funnel as a management instrument in sales
- Hello, my name is Dmitry, I'm currently working for an IT company in Russia as a head of a sales department. We sell software products. I just wonder does anybody of you use a sales funnel (воронка...
25 percent Uplift in 2012
- At our last board meeting we agreed a number of initiatives we are going to roll out so we can achieve a 25% uplift in sales from last year.
It wasn't easy to gain agreement from a good strong board that are being realistic based on our last couple of years struggles that...
- I've been in business for myself just about a year now. When I first got started I was all hot and heavy on developing a business plan. I never did finish it. That doesn't mean I didn't benefit from working on it though.
Has everyone else written a business plan? Should I...
Tools to Formalize Call Reporting
- My employer has an outside sales force which calls primarily upon existing customers, managing the relationship, presenting monthly specials, and understanding how we can add value to the business relationship.
Currently we have a free-form narrative we receive from the...
Sales Cowboy vs. Sales Maverick
- I have encountered several sales cowboys (reckless or irresponsible) but few sales mavericks (independent in behavior or thought). As a sales manager are both to be avoided?
- Ok so my bussiness is now struggling a little bit at the moment and i need a cost effective solution to be able to keep it going, and i thought if i and my bussiness partner start doing door to door sales then its not going to cost us for brand awareness and things like...
In Need of Advice
- I am starting a new business and I see all of information on Sales 2.0, building a terrific website, whitepapers, blogs etc. I have a very limited budget (I look for all of the "free" I can get) and working by myself. I am thinking for now I may have to go to the "old...
- I am looking to hire a sale person to sell IT services
for me. I am not how I would setup the commission structure for services. Does anyone
have sample structure so I can get a idea of how to use a salesman or woman and pay them
at a good rate on straight commission. Any...
Information Sharing across the sales team?
- What is your experience of best practice to have key account managers, working in different sub-sectors proactively share information with each other?
This is a problem many Managers face. What do you find works best to encourage this whilst accepting the sales team...
- Almost eveyone manager I know says that "recruiting" new sales reps is difficult at best. I figure this can't be the case for everyone, right? So where have you found to be the best source of new recruits... local classifieds, trade journals, online, ???
- Hello there, my name is Kevin and I am kind of new to this site. I have to say I have learned quite a bit thus far! However, I am in a quandary and I haven’t found what I am really looking for. I am currently a Service Manager of a Restaurant that is rather large in many...
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Has anyone ever taken the Myers-Briggs test? Do you believe the results were accurate? Were you able to use what you learned from the test to better yourself?
Would you recommend a sales coach?
- I have been in sales for 30+ years. I have mentored many sales newbies to get them up and running and quickly generating revenue and income. I do this on the side for my company and friends kids who are just breaking in. Basically, I am acting like the person I WISH I had...
- In your opinion what can a sales coach do for you that you can't do for yourself?
Management vs Leadership
- How would you define the differences between management and leadership in the world of sales?
Examples would help this topic.
tests on sales aptitude and leadership skills
- Need help.
We are currently recruiting Sales Supervisors whose job is to sell and recruit agents. Just want to ask if you can recommend any written test or activities that can help us evaluate the sales aptitude and leadership skills of candidates.
- As an employee what are your expectations of the manager? What role should he or she play in your success?
How often do you meet with the manger to discuss goals,quotas and how to exceed them? Do you want more meetings or less?
Who is responsible for the training?...
Stop the whining!
- How do I get my team of 7 to stop complaining when 1 person calls off for any reason, adding to their workloads? With new goals established for 2010 everyone is on a sort of an edge as full accountability is being thrown at them daily. I dont foresee the hysteria wearing...
Does Leadership influence the sale?
- Does Leadership on the part of the salesperson influence the sale? (If so, in what way?)
Does leadershp play any part in personal selling? (If so, in what way?)
Employee Name Tags
- Does your company require or recommend that employees wear name tags?
How can I get started in import trade
- I'm working in an international trade company in China and responsible for bringing in the advanced device from foreign countries. However, I'm passionate to run my own business from importing small products and selling them in Chinese market on my own. You know, with the...
Grant Leboff Snipes from the Weeds re. Selling Benefits
- I just sat thru the clip by Grant Leboff, "Benefits Don't Work". The impression was if you analyse what has worked, identify some interesting/contrary catch phrases, then, write a sales training book which supports your stance ... you can call yourself an "author"!
- On-hold messaging is exactly like it sounds. These are the messages you might hear on the other end of the phone when placed on hold. Only recently has on-hold messaging even been a consideration for me. Does anyone have any recommendations for on-hold messaging services?
Does it Take People Skills to Manage?
- Often I am dumbfounded, mystified, shocked and even heart broken at managers who have no idea how to manage. I know there are wonderful motivating Sales Managers out there. I am not addressing you. Hopefully you know who you are. Management has been part of my career...
- Not sure if this is the right place to post this - if it isn't, please accept my newbie apologies!
How do you all deal with time management issues? I've got lists, datebooks, schedules, calendars, spreadsheets - you name it, I've tried it. But I always feel like I'm...
What to look for in an accountant?
- I'm going to be in the market for a general accountant to handle payroll, taxes, etc. I've never used an accountant before. Is there anything I should look out for?
- What is a good way to keep your sales people hungry for sales? How do you keep yourself hungry for sales?
I need people!
- I am a sales manager at an insurance and financial services group. I have been in the seat for a little over a year and have never really had a problem with turnover. Lately however, I have lost 2 people rather quickly and have no prospects ready to fill their seats. I...
Training Sales Managers
- As we know, the skills required to be a great sales rep are much different than the skills required to be a great sales manager. Often times we reward successful reps by making them managers. I am working on pulling together a training program for new sales managers. This...
How to Train Sales People - Help appreciated
- Hello Everyone,
I am in the process of hiring sales agents. These agents are commission only based sales professionals who will work for the company. In your experience, what is the best way to train these people on product/company training?
I am wanting to make videos...
What makes a sales manager a real pro
- Here is a blurb from my up coming New York Times Best Seller. What do you think? What am I missing?
His or her high standards make the statement that this is a real pro. These are not only high standards for the sales team but also for themselves. A good sales manager...
Service person to salesman
- Hi all, This is my first post, so here goes...
I manage a team of about 25 service technicians who work on a commission basis. The vast majority of these guys are the “fix it” type, where you have a problem, they come out, give you an estimate and you either take it or...
Sales Aptitude Profiling?
- What would be your general consensus on establishing an interogatory questionairre for new sales applicants, (In my case, for residential roofing and siding sales), to weed out the potential crop of overly self promoted fluff that applies for the position?
Are there some...
The new team.................
- You are the new boss, the team expects something great except they resist your ideas and complain about their lack of success.......
How do you pull it all together?
Please keep your answers brief and concise thmbp2;
Am I missing something...?
- I'm getting mixed signals from my management. I have no sense of direction...
I'm in the print industry and got my job with no experience in sales but do have a marketing background. I have exceeded expectations. Trained in-house for a month (when the company had me pegged...
Will I get shafted?
- A few more issues:
My job is starting commissions. I overheard a conversation regarding the commissions plan between the owner and HR Mgr. The owner commented that he and the sales manager have discussed the plans details, but have yet to relay any information to me....
Newbie needs some help!!!
- I just recently got promoted to the store event coordinator. This position involves keeping track of department sales and especifically the department push item sales. I work at a grocery store and have to keep track of the meat market, deli, bakery and the produce areas....
How to recruit serious sales people
- I'm in the process of trying to build a sales team for the virtual staffing company I'm working with. It's a commission only, work at home position. I've been selling virtual staffing for several years now and love it but I'm having trouble finding serious sales people to...
- I have worked for a small medical device manufacturer for about 4 years. When I was hired, there were only two of us doing the sales, myself and my sales manager. My manager left about a year ago and I was promoted to sales manager while a new position was created...
Sales to Customer service transition
- I currently manage a team of 6 reps. 1 is not ever going to be the best at selling so we want to run a "Pilot" where she will be more involved with research and quoting while responsible for calling on her current customer base only. No new customers. How should I convey...
What Are The Rules ?
- Ok, I'm now a full time self admitted SalesPractice.com Junkie!
I log on to This site more often than my e-mail.
I'm working on a project to assist in the training of my team.
If you had to compile a set of 10 "RULES" of sales what should be considered.
How to get a good sales mentor
- Hello to all,
I've recently started a game development outsourcing company with myself and a partner. As CEO and frontman, I am also by default the Chief Sales Officer and lead salesman.
I'm now starting on my first few sales, and loving the process thmbp2;, but I've...
Just a RagMan
- Good Day,
I'm Just a "Rag-man" I'm told this Is not a complicated industry. However I'm faced daily with multiple complications.
I've Managed people before, Directed Restaurants full of them. Now I find myself managing 5 Rout-men responsible for increasing sales as well...
What's your opinion?
- First off, a Big HELLO to everyone.. I've been away for a while, but now I'm back ;sm It's been a heck of a year.
Anyways, I've been doing some self-assessment in regards to the future and came to the conclusion that my core skills and knowledge (after nearly 30 years...
Starting a Business in college
- Hi everybody i am contemplating starting my own business, i used to have a lawn care company but, that was a partnership and i did not like how that worked out. Now i want to be on my own but, i am not sure what exactly i can do being that i am only a freshman in college. I...
The Best and Worst Sales Managers You've Ever Had
- Please tell us about the best and worst sales managers you ever had.
How did he/she manage you? What traits did this person have? How did she/he go about doing business? What did you like about their management techniques, and what didn't you like? What skills did they...
Training New Team
I was promoted to a new department located in my company and was immediately given the task to hire a team, obtain books/software to help train them in sales, and get them trained. I was wondering if you folks had any suggestions on software or books that was...
Evaluating a new employee
- From a sales performance perspective, how long should should it take a company to evaluate an employee to see if he or she cuts the mustard? (if the answer is "it depends", then please give a range and try to describe what it depends on).
Sales Coaching !
- Hi everyone !
I'm a new member ! I want to find some ebooks or arcticle about sales coaching (process, form, evaluate....). Can you help me or give me some links ?
Many Thanks ! ;sm
Recruiting Commision Sales People
- I am curious to know, of those on the boards who solicit the sales skills of independent sales representatives:
Where do you recruit, and do you have any tips or gotchas you could share with me?
Thank you in advance!
Employee Sales Bonuses
- I like to offer my employees $ bonuses for their sales. Right now I have generous weekly bonuses for x $ amount of net sales for each individual rep. I also have a spinning wheel that I bought off ebaY over the summer that has $5,10 & 20's tacked on to it with some blank...
Question for sales trainer / coach
As the end of the year is coming I'm preparing a training/self-improvement program for 2008.
The idea is to commit to a number of days/hours of training and book to read.
I've got some questions about it:
1. What do you think is the minimum number of days I should...
Need some advice about distributing audio product
- My co. produces audio feedback for businesses in UK (testimonials, event feedback, customer surveys) as well as podcast training for business.
A few months ago, I speculatively captured a 12-talk audio seminar by a UK sales trainer, Brian Griffin. We're looking to sell...
Higher Management Improvements
- While most people in this forum are looking to improve their sales skills and learn new techniques, I'm currently looking to learn about Higher Management and how to deal with the beasty creatures.
It seems that a lot of it comes with experience, learning what to say,...
Can anyone help me please?
- here is the story, i have a wonderful product/service for our potential clients, i sell at least 10 sales per week i have been doing sales for 4 years which i know isnt that long but i am very successfull with everything i put my heart into, i am having a problem hiring...
Friday Morning Motivational Clips
- I wanted to get your opinion on something I have been working on for a bit between web work and selling. I am sold that becoming an expert in your field is vital to future success, as well as providing free quality information, and I have invested hundreds of hours into...
Poor sales performance - Is management at fault?
- As I drove home from the office today I was thinking about the role sales management plays in poor sales performance and it dawned on me that sales management practices might be THE biggest reason for poor sales performance.
What do think? Am I out to lunch?
- I'm not sure if it's in the right forum but mods feel free to move it
I've been in sales for a few years and have seen management come and go, they always do. Each new person comes in with fresh ideas and maybe it's just my field... but they always shake things up and...
Measuring your ultimate sales performance
- I worked at a place which tracked how many calls you make versus number of sales made. Another place measured how many sales you made versus 100 call-in contacts.
For me the best measure would be how many sales are made versus the number of presentations made (which would...
Hiring Commission or Base + Commission ?
- I need some general advice on hiring sales reps. I've got a start up marketing firm and I'm getting ready to start the hiring phase.
Money is tight and I really want quality sales reps so I was thinking of doing the pure commission route but I've heard from more then a few...
Gift Certificates as Incentives
- Does anyone know where I can find a list of gift-certificate companies? I'm referring to larger companies such as Home Depot, Starbucks, etc.
Salary vs. Commission - Impact on Performance
- Does pay structure have an impact on sales performance? Do you believe a salesperson working on straight commission is more likely to outperform a counterpart working on straight salary?
- When you're working at home, do you have a very defined "office" or does your work spill over into other rooms with the help of cordless phones and wireless laptops?
I spend time in both worlds.
Salesperson Recruitment - the best way
- Has anyone else had a similar experience using one of the plethora of recruitment agencies?
We recently recruited a member of our sales team via a UK-based recruitment agency.
The agency seemed to do very little (apart from providing the basic introduction) and charged...
- Hi All
In the thread entitled "Trainer in Training" jamiserene posed some questions and made some statements to the forum. One dealt with her management team thinking her gender would be an asset to the position.
AZBroker asked the question "Do you and your sales manager...
Thinning the herd
- Hi, my name is William. I am new to this forum and new to being a sales manager. I am currently in month 10 of my position at a small financial service firm. With little to no management training, I feel as if my Boss has thrown me under the buss. Hey, I guess it makes for...
favorite management software?
- anyone using a certain software to manage their business?
i am looking for a great program to enter my products in, consignment agreements, etc etc..
How much do you "actually" use your computer?
- I was thinking about this the other day. I know that 80% of my time is spent between Firefox, Outlook, Quicken and Act. As far as my PC goes, it is totally underutilized. In fact, most of the time it's being used for Internet, which really doesn't use my "PC" much at all....
1 for Yes, 2 for No
- I'm always frustrated when dealing with management or customer service because of the automated systems in use. I have to go through a lot of button pushing before I ever reach a human being to discuss a topic that isn't on the menu. Are any of you experiencing the same...
Not a personality fit (grounds for termination?)
- I"m having a real bad weekend. I was just let go yesterday by my company because they felt I was not a personality fit with the type of customers in the industry. They stated that this is not performance related and that I have had success out in the field, but they wanted...
Getting on time payments
- I own a small online business and one of my troubles in which I encounter is late payments from my customers, I have many that are over 30 days over due. Has anybody got any advice in which i can use to both get the money that is already due, and also prevent this occuring...
How do you let go / delegate
- Having built a small company into a small but growing company, I may soon be faced with the position where I'll have to let go of the sales function on a regular basis. I'd hire someone who does nothing but sales.
But here's the thing... I've not only grown very fond of...
Tales Of Interviewing Nightmares!!
- The job market here is so tight! I am responsible for the most impossible task of trying to interview (and hire) qualified sales associates. I have been blown off for so many interviews that the frustration level is growing quickly. My timeline is so tight, and I needed...
Qualities Needed For a Great Leader...
- Great day all,
I have a question for all you brilliant members and I would love your feedback.
What qualities are needed from a boss/manager/supervisor/employer to be considered a great leader? Thanks.
job ready strategist;sm
- What general sales activities/results should a salesperson measure on an ongoing basis? I'm trying to put some charts together. Any feedback will be appreciated.
You Are Not Alone
- Found some interesting info regarding sales, sales management and sales processes I thought I would share, particularly for those of you who are sales managers.
During the months of March and April 2004 the Sales Activator Company partnered with Nightingale Conant to...
Engaging my Sales Associates in training
- By tomorrow, I will have a sales staff for an upper end, retail jewelry boutique. The next step is to bring them up to speed and train them, both in our product and how to sell it. Any suggested reading, websites, or personal experience?
- Does anyone have any experience with recruiting services? Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use for recruiting services?
Having a personality clash within the sales organization
- Hi everyone,
I took a personality test at my new job and I came out as a very high "D" personality, which is someone who doesn't waist time chit chatting and is only interested in results and the bottomline. That is true in my case, as I my co-workers may not not know...
101 Sales Management Myths
- I'm writing a new book entitled 101 Sales Management Myths. With 78 of the myths and techniques that replace or overcome them completed, I'm having a writers block. Ideas please?
Finding Ad Sales Reps
- This is my first time posting, I recently found this site and it has been very insightfull so far.
I run a small publishing company that sells advertising on a niche publication that caters to aviation enthusiasts. My dilema has been finding and keeping ad salespeople....
To list prices online or not?
- Hello all. We are currently toying with the idea of developing an automated quote system in which our potential clients can input project details and get an instant approximate quote. Since every client's needs is unique and we only perform custom work, pricing can vary...
Radio music on hold.
- I was recently informed that playing the radio as your on "hold" background music is a copyright violation. Is that right? :confused:
- Does anyone have any suggestions on working with people who just will not be coachable? I have a guy who I have been trying to get trained for several months, I've done everything I know of to get him working, yet he doesn't do anything I ask him to do, yet he calls me...
- We're considering offering Spiff incentives on some of our aged inventory. Is there any known short or long term drawbacks to offering Spiffs?
Recruiting for network marketing question
- I've recently signed up with a very reputable network marketing company. Not usually my style, but I'd been a customer for a couple of years and believed in the product, it fit the needs of the same target market I was reaching in other parts of my business, and the lady...
- For those members who are owners/managers do you have your employees sign a formal employment agreement? If so, did you draw up your own or use a generic form?
For those members who aren't owners/managers were you asked to sign a formal employment agreement?
- Is anybody interested in brainstorming how much of a Sales VP or Sales Managers time should be focused on training and coaching their sales team. I realize it will vary depending on many factors. I would really welcome some views.
How did you get that name?
- I'd be interested in hearing how others chose their business name. Also, if you have a website how did you choose that name too?
Question about hiring sales team.
- I'm about to hire a sales team. How would I make it fair to each person to make their territory "unlimited", without them tripping over themselves to get the same client?
If I tell them you take north and you take south, is that fair, if north has more higher income...
Executive Office Suites
- I'm considering leasing a "virtual office" in an "Executive Office Suite." Is anyone else doing this? Any pros or cons? Thanks! :)
- Does anyone have any tips on recruiting commission sales reps for outside sales?