Ways to generate sales for struggling company
- Hello All!!
I started a Home Security Dealer in Maine about 4 months ago. We are somewhat low budget but we do fortunately live in an industry with very high commissions for each sale (~$1200 per) which can save our butt when times get tough!
Needless to say we just arent...
- I have seen even big players in industry sometimes dont double check spellings on there promotional items, i am sure this really sends a bad message to the customers,
whats your view whether the customer really cares for that if he really wants to buy that product or...
Marketing ideas for a small business
- What are some creative marketing strategies for a small service industry company specifically HVAC,Plumbing, and Electrical companies?
Looking for ideas that can generate business quickly. Internet presence and blogs are fantastic however it is a long term return and...
Local Area Marketing
I am wondering what are some Local Area Marketing ideas that you think work great in your area.
I am tying to compile a list of ideas to get the local phone sales company i work for out there.
It can be small ie taking some demo phones to a RSL Club (Old peoples...
Help with commission charge backs
- I'm hoping that you can help me. I have a client who's company is presently integrating a money back guarantee for their services. If certain agreed upon goals are not hit, the client gets their money back. What the CEO is saying that he presently wants to take...
- I'm freshly licensed to offer financial and investment products, such as insurance, loans, and mutual funds. I have very little experience with selling, save for a short stint at door to door canvassing during college for an environmental PAC. The folks at the office I'm...
Sales & Marketing
- Do you think sales and marketing will ever legitimise their relationship - or are they consigned to remaining as uncomfortable bedfellows?
Humour in marketing letters a good idea?
- Do you think using humour in a B2B introduction letter targeting the senior decision maker of any sized organisation is a good or bad idea? I suppose it depends on whether the person reading it has a sense of humour and whether the piece is actually funny or not, but...
Anyone have or has had a pizza box ad business?
- I was thinking about starting my own pizza box ad business, yet I wanted to find out if anyone in this forum is currently running or has run a pizza box ad business.
Mainly the job involves working out a contract with a local “ma and pa” pizza business, where you offer to...
Help With Announcement
- I own a small electrical contracting company. We have been around many years, but just recently joined two local Chambers of Commerce. Can anyone help me create a short announcement letter/note I can send to existing members to announce that our company joined their Chamber?
Novice can sell??
- Hi I'm new to sales and marketing.
Through friends and their friends Ive received tons of advice and ideas on how to effectively sell a product, which after putting into practice has only left me more terrified than when I first began.(cold calling, mass email marketing...
Do you agree?
- Do you agree with this paradox?
To make more money stop trying to make more money.
Marketing the Impossible
- How can someone market an idea that actually works and can offer testimonials validating the idea yet, conventional wisdom demands the claims to be highly unlikely, appear to contradict experience or they just seem logically impossible?
New to sales need help....please
- Hello all,
i am new to the sales world and have come here to get some advise on how to acquire new leads, i work for a it solutions company and my job is to acquire new managed type account from small to mediums sized business.
I know my product/services but just dont...
Creative offline marketing ideas
- What are some of the creative offline marketing ideas you have heard of?
An idea I heard was to hand out mini "PayDay" candy bars with labels on the back that say, "Ask me how every day can be a PayDay with (insert MLM or Direct Sales opportunity).
New Futures and Options Broker
- Hey everyone,
I am new to this forum, have been poking around the past few days trying to get together some ideas for myself...but have not found much in the way of investment brokers around.
I was wondering if I could get a little advice, possibly some ideas...
door to door stats...
- not sure if this is the right forum but...
I used to do a lot of telephone cold calling years ago. Just moved to a new area so I don't know anyone so I'm going to go door to door because of the DNC list. What kind of numbers can I expect? How many doors to knock on...
How to beware PayPal?
- Our company is a export company, our customers use PayPal ,WU and HSBC to payment,but sometimes we found that some people took back their payment,it made us loss much money and we have communication with them,but it is no effect.
Could you give me some suggestion?
- Does anyone know where you can find inexpensive content writers who know how to write keyword optimized content. I think it is so important to add plenty of content to your website so that you can get more traffic for the search engines.
door to driveway...
- I sell houses. but I'm starting over with no money so I know there are better ways but I am still looking for cheap ways. That being said here is my thoughts...
I was talking to a car salesman who has a bad leg and can't go door to door. The way he got around this is he...
Sales Help NEEDED!!!
- Ok here is a little background. I just recently started working for a new company. I love the company very much. My current assignment is to call retail buyers and sell them on our product to be carried in their stores. i have never done this before and don't have the...
Newbie - seeking help on sending enquiry
- Dear All,
A newbie here, and a newbie to Sales too.
I have been lurking around this forum for the past one week, basically reading various articles and posts by all the Sales experts here. A google search for 'sales forum' landed me here and I think I have come to the...
Question on Highlighting of Text
- I would like to get some opinions from direct marketing people on the use of highlighting (yellow, for example) text in direct mail copy--and on websites. I'm looking for pros and cons, and, comparisons in effectiveness with underlining text and the use of bold type.
Need Advice on Successful Marketing...
- What is the best way and sites to advertise a business at little to no cost that will definitely turn your prospects into sales?
Can anyone give any examples of Niche Marketing, and where to target prospects where your competitors are not?
Last but not Least, from...
Words That Sell!
- Let's put together a master list of the most effective words that sell. You first. ;st
How do you find a hungry market?
- I just read http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-6595.html and the idea looks incredible but the article didn't say much about how to do it. How do you find hungry markets?
Anyone in vacuum sales
- I think I can really do well with this if I can just get in people's homes. What are the best ways to go about this? Also are there many people who can do good at this type of sales and make decent money?
- Aloha everyone,
I am new here and rather new to selling as a profession, though i understand that I have been selling or being sold my whole life.;st
What I would like to do is open a discussion on copywriting education; namely, materials that teach such...
- At my college, at the end of the quarter in my English 112 class I am required to make a presentation on some aspect of my major. Obviously, I'm a Marketing Management major, and I decided to do mine on Visual Merchandising.
But I need 3 reliable sources that must be...
IS MARKETING Cheating or fair business practise
- Hello all,
I am pretty amused at the remarks of a distinguished COO's remark " if the product is good and the demand is good , then there is no need of marketing guys"
I was just wondering how marketing has transpired into a practised art of cheating with substandard...
Does Marketing Mean Sales?
- I know we tend to put Marketing and Sales together as if they mean the same thing but in fact they are quite different. I believe understanding the difference between them is very important. The two are related but the difference is this; Marketing raises awareness and...
- I work for a growing communications company and we are looking for ways to really spark our growth. We recently launched a all fiber optic network in a tow of about 10,000, spending around $10mil in the process, and are looking to spark growth.
With the initial start of...
What "Mailing List" company should I use?
- This is my first post so Hi everyone!
We sell Advertising to small businesses and Professionals,I am looking at an company called "Sales genie" to provide us with new business leads,typically younger than 6 months in business
(they tend to have spent all of their budget...
High impact words
- I once came across a list of high impact words used in advertising. Does anyone have a similar list they could share?
local advertising opportunities
- *I am in life and health insurance sales*
A colleague and I have put together an ad that will be placed on the sides of buses. It has our beautiful smiling faces on it, as well as a blurb for Mortgage Protection.
We feel that it will not only generate some interest, but...
Nifty Business Idea - The Thank-You Note
- Remember when you were a kid and your mom made you write a thank you note to Aunt Helen for that awful gift?
The memory of the pain may keep some business people from writing thank you notes today. Thank You's are a powerful business tool. They make people feel...
- HI I JUST GOT A JOB AS A INSURANCE SALESMAN BUT THE PROBLEM IS ITS HARD FOR ME TO FIND CUSTOMERS.COUZ THE COMPANY JUST STARTED THIS YAER AND ITS HARD FOR PEOPLE TO TRUST ME ABOUT THIS COMPANY MORE ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I AM STILL A MARKETING STUDENT.WHAT MUST I DO TO GET...
What's on the back of your business card?
- I noticed Joe Girard makes great use of the back of his business card. That inspires me to do something with mine. What's on the back of your business card or what ideas do you have for what to put on the back of a business card?
Is viral marketing legitimate?
- There is lots of talk about viral marketing. But can we go beyond viral marketing? The truth is yes we can. In fact all we have to do is re-incorporate our offline marketing as part of our viral marketing plan. Many people who discover the internet fall so much in love...
Which is best, Popularity or Exposure?
- For real estate agents which would be the best route popularity or exposure? If real estate is a referral business then popularity looks like the best option so I'd work on cultivating friends but if exposure is the best option then I'd work on a marketing campaign. If you...
New Product Sales Percentages
- Hi there. I have invented a new product that can be marketed to 110,000 carpet cleaners, each of these guys should buy my product, but I think there are some guys will not bother. Are there any figures out there to give me some indication as to how many I can expect to...
PLease give me some ideas and suggestion.
- Dear all,
Let me slightly describe myself, my job scope is to help ISO Certified companies by providing them the pioneer ISO Document Management system to them while saving their cost of documentation up to 75%.
Currently, my company going to held an event which each of...
OPC Selling - I start tonight!
- I signed up to sell mini-vacations with Bluegreen Resorts and I start tonight at our minor-league baseball game here in Charleston!
We are going to be selling $49 mini-vacations with the stipulation that the customer takes a 90-minute timeshare tour.
Has anyone done...
Does Your Telephone Sound Like Donald Duck?
- Your telephone should fit your face. Here’s a test. Next time you are in any store with a big display of telephones (even Wal Mart has a line of demos eight to ten feet long) pick up the handset of every phone and put it to your ear. Some just don't fit. Don't fit your...
Agents say to do it yourself, are they wrong?
- I'm a health and life agent. I just changed from a company that was pretty crappy to a more solid company with some name recognition. The manager at the new company was reluctant to hire me because I am still in school. He explained that he still expects to see activity...
Suggestions and advice needed
I am Selling Website Building services to graphic Design agencies and I have two problems.
Firstly, how do I get more people to contact us? I have tried google adwords, a blog, email marketing etc.
Lots of people look at these things but don't seem to take action....
Sales Data, who uses it?
- Hello to all on the boards!
I am curious how many of our members use sales data, I.E. targeted contact infomaiton purchased to help in cold calling, lead generation, product marketing ect...
Local Dan Kennedy Groups in 82 Cities
- I don't know how many of you are DK fans, but this is the only local networking group I've joined.
It's great to be in a room with 'like minded' people. Especially people who have an appreciation for sales and marketing.
Just thought I'd pass it along.
Own Style - Point of Difference
- Hello All,
I am a firm believer that in the marketing game you need to create for yourself an image that sets you apart from the rest - make something on you stick out to your cometitors - something that give you the point of difference that everyone that you market to is...
making sales vs opening accounts
- In the past 12 months i've been lookin at a few direct marketing books and the statement always comes up.
It's much cheaper to keep selling to an existing customer than to find and create a new one
Made me wonder how this applies to a career in sales. Currently I sell...
Turn Down That Sale
- I had to turn down that sale four times to get it. That is a fact.
The first three times Jeff came to me in tentative and toddling steps with a little curiosity I answered him politely and told him to come back when he was ready to commit. That happened three times.
The Death of Personal Marketing ?
- There was a new article posted today by Paul McCord called "The Death of Personal Marketing" and I wondered what others opinions were on the article.
- I've been looking around and found a lot of copywriters have a swipe file where they keep sales letters they have found that they like. Do you think there is a collective swipe file somewhere where we could see the better ads?
What's your sales message?
- When a client asks you, "why should I buy your _________"?
Whatever you say next is what I call your sales message.
Q. "Why should I buy your _________"?
A. I’m not sure IF you should.
The way I work is I’d like to understand YOUR situation so that I can...
How to Market to Doctors
- Hello, does anyone here have experience or knows of the best way to market to MD's?
Notoriously hard to get a hold off, and not too prone to using email and vmail, I'm finding it almost impossible to get infront of these guys.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
- This type together with fax advertising has been in practice nowadays. How can this be compared to email marketing?
30/60/90 day Channel Plan
- Hi all, I am a National Channel Account Manager which basically means rather then handling multiple smaller regional resellers I oversee one or two large fortune 100 size vendors. I recently was charged with my second account and tagged with a 16 Million number for the FY....
Starting a Newsletter
- I'm thinking about starting a newsletter. I'm in the manufactured housing industry and thought that sending out a newsletter to certain communities might help me get more leads.
On one hand it sounds like a good idea but on the other it sounds like a lot of work. Anybody...
Crash: Misaligned Selling Strategies Can Kill
- Morale Low?
All of the above?
Has you notice good people headed for the door?
Most sales organizations that suffer from some of these ailments don't see it coming. It was a HIT and RUN I tell you!
Well, actually, it was a misalignment.
Teen Looking for Help W/ Business
- Hi, I'm a fifteen year old from Illinois. I'm planning on starting a business selling restaurant placemat advertising spots, and I'd like your help on getting sales.
Basically, I print about 5000 paper restaurant placemats. In the center of the placemat is either the...
Thank You Notes Are "magic"
- Thank you notes are a seldom used, but powerful tool in your marketing toolbox. Their benefits are huge. And your paid customers ARE NOT where the maximum power of these little pieces of marketing dynamite should be used.
A handwritten thank you note to all your paid...
Where to find Marketing Jobs?
Why do people come up with same problem?? “We are not getting the right job, good place to work” and all such repetitive questions every time??
Do they not know how to surf net that has so many new job opportunities and job boards launching each day?? The...
Newbie needs help: How to sell website advertising space?
- Hello, everyone! I hope all of you are doing great.sn;
My name is Jesus. I am a newbie in this community and in sales. I would like to explain a bit about my problem and then see what other people in this forum suggest.
I live in Monterrey, Mexico and I am the owner of...
Marketing to new business'
- I have hired a telemarketing company to make sales calls for me...we bought a list of new business a week old.
My offer is geared to new business, it is for a merchant account through IMS and we give away QuickBooks Pro 2007 with all new accounts (hence the marketing to...
Three a Day
- Avon encourages it's representative to make three new contacts every day. Supposedly, in a short time, the representative will have a large customer base.
I haven't been able to live up to this but I do think it would be a really good practice and hope to do better...
Overcoming Writer's Block
- I've thought about sending out monthly newsletters and articles but I don't get very far. I think I've got writer's block. What do you do to get past writer's block?
Using sales shortcuts to get to your real prospects
- It's nice if it were possible to sell everybody. Reality dictates that it's not so, so the strategy would be to identify who the real prospects are to make better use of your time (and eliminate the suspects).
Has anyone formally set up system to accomplish this?
Jus need some advise here
- Hi everyone.
we are a small manufacturing company that provided a special formulated detergent to household, commercial and industrial cleaning purposes. The product is very effective that removes oil or grease, dirts and stain within 2 minutes (test result on range-hood...
Complete Marketing System?
I'm just starting a new sales job as a commercial lender in a bank in a couple of days where I will be in 100% business development role for the first year I would guess. What I mean by that is, I am starting with no customers. I've been in this industry for a few...
- Last night my company invited a nice young lady from prepaid legal services to give us an overview of their products. What do you think of this concept of sales?
It was only 30 bucks a month. Less than a cup of coffee a day, to steal a line from her presentation.
- A friend forwarded an email to me about a guy name Vincent James. The email said he made $100 million in 2 years using direct response. Is this legit? Has anyone else heard about this?
what tools are need to prospect
- What are the tools a sale person needs to prospect potential customer? When advertising just don’t bring in the leads. In my area of business (Kitchen & Bath remodel) I would need to prospect contractors and real estate.
- This is a new concept for me..
I know the answer to this question could vary wildly but, how do you guys define your value proposition?
Tourism promotions anyone?
- I have recently started a company to do tourism promotions in a tourist region with a mountain that provides skiing. I am also developing a central reservation system to facilitate making reservations for the local auberges and bed and breakfasts here. Does anyone have any...
A pricing question
Could you please take just one minute and answer one question I have on pricing.
Please visit this link to answer this one question.
It will take you less than one minute.
Learn Marketing in the Truck Stop John
- Interstate travel by car continues to evolve as the major truck stops have morphed into multi use convenience stops.
Pull you car in to one of these Interstate Stores and you find a multitude of gas pumps for cars, completely separate from the 4 acres of parking for the...
Who Answers Your Business Phone?
- Business to Business relationships come to expect a certain level of professionalism, from the first telephone call to the final delivery.
I cannot count the number of times I have had to ask to person answering the phone to repeat the mesh of words that just flew by....
Buzz Marketing Activities Checklist
- I was on the Buzzoodle Buzz Marketing Blog and saw that they have posted all the buzz activities from the book, Buzzoodle Buzz Marketing - http://blog.buzzoodle.com/index.php/2007/01/29/join-the-buzz-challenge/.
There are about 57 different items on the checklist. Has...
Classic Sales Arguments. Basis.
- • The buyer needs to be convinced of the personal good character of the vendor, and the vendor’s sales representative.
• The buyer’s needs to be convinced of the vendors proof of value, durabilty or quality.
• The vendors sales arguments must be credible.
- I need to get my pricing right. If you've read my other posts you'll have see I have some dilemmas. Essentially, my initial marketing method was to offer free service with a view to converting customers later. Conversion rates have been poor..;bl but since product/service...
Success Or Failure: The Difference
- Its Sunday evening here, cold, rainy and typical English weather. I'm sat near the fire and in between nodding off I got to thinking about how can I illustrate for you all the difference between Success and Failure in sales.
It occurred to me that on this forum we appear...
Elevator Speech and USP
- I'm thinking that an Elevator Speech is very similiar, if not the same, as your USP. Am I right?
How to start selling industrial parts
- I'm selling an industrial part that is used primarily as a replacement/maintenance item. When cold calling, a lot of people do not recognise it by it's name but will recognise it when they see one. That makes cold calling extremely ineffective. I'm consider mass faxing as a...
How CEOs Can Drop The Ball With Marketing
I've found a brilliant article here on sales and marketing. That fact that most B2B businesses under $30 million in annual revenues don't even have a marketing department is pretty shocking. Not even a minimum wage kid.
They just have armies of salespeople who try...
- I'm curious if anyone here has had any experiences (good or bad) with joint ventures? There's some books I've seen (Marc Goldman's), but haven't yet purchased anything. Thought I'd check with the group and see if anyone here has used a partner for joint venture/
How To Start?
- I have always been a salesperson from the time I started counting. Could you imagine a grade 1 pupil selling candies inside the classroom. Well that's just what I did when I was in grade 1.
Anyway, I have something in my mind of which I couldn't make a concrete decision. I...
- Will someone give me a defintion of grassroots marketing? I have heard it tossed around in various contexts. What's the textbook definition?
A stupid question
- I have seen the word "website" and the phrase "web site."
So, for some reason, I have used the word "website" for years on all my promotional materials, and suddenly I am realizing that the phrase "web site" is everywhere. Am I misspelling my own product :eek: or are...
- Can anyone recommend a "Great" printer for business cards?
Never Sell Something People Don't Want to Buy
- This will be a chapter in a marketing book coming in the next few months. The only 'sales-related' chapter in the book.
I will post the chapter once it has been finalized.
Pricing - lower then they intended
- What is it called when a customer intends to pay one price for something and the sales person gives it to them at a lower price? Example:
The customer wants to purchase:
1 of X at 29.99
2 of Y at 19.99
1 of A at 39.99
From Sales to Marketing
I've had a successful B to B sales career for about 6 years - selling IT related products and services. I am considering a career change to Marketing because I think I will enjoy strategic/creative planning, positioning and promotion of products and services.
- I have been re-reading the thread on elevator speeches, and while I participated in this thread, it occurred to me that I have never once used an elevator speech in the real world.
So let's have at it: Who out there uses these things? Let's find out. Here's a poll.
What is the best way to get real estate customers?
- I don't want to reinvent the wheel so what are the best cheap ways to get customers for real estate? I know that sounds bad but I don't have a lot of money right now for advertising.
A lot of the people in my office say to knock on doors, call on the phone, and send mail....
Is it a good idea to give complementary service to your client?
- Suppose that you agree to provide consulting service and work on some project. You and you client agree that you give it a try for a month. The first month went ok and got paid. Meanwhile, you and your client are still working on the same project, but no formal agreement...
They say 4, but there really are 5 P's to marketing..
- Time and time again I've heard from both individuals, in the classroom, and in textbooks alike that their are four P's to marketing.
But what about the driving force that will make all this happen??
Help about jobs...
- Hello All,
I am going to be attending a business college here in the Georgia area this January.. but I dont know ALL to much about the marketing field.. I learned alot while in high school as I took a few marketing electives, but I don't know if they were actually...
model for subscription sales?
- Hi! I am looking for some advice from someone who has experience selling subscription services.
How do we structure the pricing of our product so that we can not only sell it ourselves directly and on our website, but also allow others to sell our product for comission?...
Internet Graphics Design services?
- I am looking pay for some firm to help me create a logo and branding concept for my Ocean30 website and my business concept. I just joined Keller Williams Realty so I want the Logo and materials to complement the KW graphics and colors.
Since I am in need of new business...
- Does anyone have any quick tips on Branding?
Business card basics
- A few years ago I read an article about the Do's and Don't of handing out business cards. For instance, when to give one out and when not to. How to get the most from exchanging cards. The article was actually pretty good. I should have saved it.
Does anyone have a similar...
Marketing Pages feedback
- Hi everyone. I have been working on some new marketing pages for my website and would like some feedback. These pages are rough and aren't done yet. Not all the links are operative, spelling, optimizing, and revising still in progress. But I would like to know if you think...
Marketing 101 Question
- I've noticed that a lot of people/companies use their cars as advertisements. I've seen everything from car/truck wraps to custom paint jobs down to magnetic door signs and license plate holders.
Isn't the majority of this a waste? I mean sure it's possible that the guy...
First month went ok, now the second month
- Suppose that you agree to provide consulting service and work on some project. You and you client agree that you give it a try for a month. The first month went ok and got paid. Meanwhile, you and you client are still working on the same project, but no formal agreement...
New Sales Job
- I just accepted a new sales position with a very new company. They make Spanish language yellow pages in secondary market cities. I am in KC and think this is a great idea. My job will be to get local business that feel the spanish speaking community would benifit them...
- I read the definition SalesPractice posted about a "Marketing Plan". I already know what advertising or marketing I plan to do. What's the point of writing it down? Between Marketing Plan, Business Plan, etc. it seems like I'd be doing nothing but writing. :(
Pricing To Sell
- We sell pre-owned manufactured homes/ mobile homes. When deciding on what price to start with the question almost always comes up of whether to start with a higher price or to price at market value.