Home > Approach > Did you f_____ up?

Did you f_____ up?

Got your attention with that thread title?

The word is "follow" as in did you "follow up" and do you realize many follow ups happen as a result of poor sales skills on the initial sales call?

Thoughts? - by Gold Calling
Yes you got my attention (I swear alot)

A close freind flew 1500miles to interview an investor for a new idea he needed funding for..............

I called him that evening and he said they were too busy to think about his proposal until after the 'busy' weekend.

After I quizzed him on how he set up the meeting, he had woosed out on asking for the business.

Having nothing to lose, I made a call to the GM qualifying if he had a few minutes, asking him if he was open to listen to a business idea, I ran the idea past him and asked him if he able to help.

So I set up as meeting for 2 weeks time for 2-3 hours away from his business without as mobile phone. At the end of the time if he liked the details, he would have no problem helping out.

After we confirmed the appointment I explained that my close freind (who is an industry icon) had ran the same idea past him last week and would it be OK if he came back for the appointment we had set.

All is OK.

The moral of the story is that the appointment is not the sale :) - by PiJiL
Got your attention with that thread title?

The word is "follow" as in did you "follow up" and do you realize many follow ups happen as a result of poor sales skills on the initial sales call?

Thoughts?
Where follow up is necessary it should ALWAYS be promise generated.

There are four reasons for that.

One is that it makes the follow up a Purposeful Call.

The second reason is that it makes the follow up an expected, permission based, contact.

The third reason is that it demonstrates a promise kept (often with additional pertinent information).

Lastly, and most important, it continues and RENEWS the sales process and selling effort. - by Ace Coldiron
I follow up on everything.

Estimates, closed sales, phone inquiries, people I meet in parking lots, etc.

You never know which one of those people are seriously interested unless you find out.

With an estimate, I'll let the client know that I'll be calling the next day to get their decision.

A closed sale, I'll call the next day to smooth over any buyer's remorse that may have crept up overnight.

Phone inquiries I call back the same day (after reverse addressing their phone number, and positioning myself nearby), to find out if their problem was resolved, or not.

Random people in parking lots, coffee shops, etc, I also call the same day, or early the next day, depending on what they approached me about. - by tommyboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.