Home > Social Influence > Sell More Today! Top 10 Methods of Manipulation

Sell More Today! Top 10 Methods of Manipulation

Have you ever felt manipulated by a customer or prospective customer? Have you ever felt that you could sell more today if only the customer or prospective customer would be more honest and straightforward? I am here to tell you that you are not alone.

Let's list the top 10 methods of manipulation by customer's or prospective customers and find ways to prevent or stop if from happening. - by Thomas
Have you ever felt manipulated by a customer or prospective customer? Have you ever felt that you could sell more today if only the customer or prospective customer would be more honest and straightforward? I am here to tell you that you are not alone.

Let's list the top 10 methods of manipulation by customer's or prospective customers and find ways to prevent or stop if from happening.
Thomas, my answer would be no to your first two questions. That said, I think in the early days of my career, I had occasion to feel that frustration.

I will however share a method of manipulation by a prospect that I have run into several times. It is the one where a prospect attempts to negotiate a low price based on an impending major volume purchase--and then with the unit price in hand, places an order for a small fraction of what had been discussed.

How do you prevent from getting stung? Don't bite. To be more specific, the key is to turn discussion immediately into the facilitation of the large purchase. It will usually smoke out the real intent behind the manipulation.

In many trades, buyers that do that acquire a reputation, and word spreads to the point where sellers become less vulnerable. - by Ace Coldiron