Home > Approach > Individual Medical B2B cold

Individual Medical B2B cold

What is a good way to approach?

I am going B2B cold. I dont know the owners name. I simply ask for the owner. Is there a way to find small business owners names/ contact info?

My script is: Hi, I'm Ludlow75 with______.
I am out today setting up appts with small buz owners and their employees to go over the benefits of having health ins through ________. I can also show you cost cutting measures to lower your monthly premium. Would next Tues at 9am fit into your schedule?

I dont try to sell them at first contact, I try to set the appt.

Is this script a weak approach?

Next question is: Should I cold call or just go B2B? - by ludlow75

I am going B2B cold. I dont know the owners name. I simply ask for the owner. Is there a way to find small business owners names/ contact info?

I am out today setting up appts with small buz owners and their employees to go over the benefits of having health ins through ________. I can also show you cost cutting measures to lower your monthly premium. Would next Tues at 9am fit into your schedule?

Is this script a weak approach?

Next question is: Should I cold call or just go B2B?
MY chillun and me subscribe to directoriesusa... names names names.... not well qualified but will give you the areas that you are looking for... for example, contractors_plumbers_residential as an example or healthcare will refer to drugstores, companies, providers etc.

There are others... but the most effective way, which my childs and me do not regularly follow, is to list, followup with qualifying phonecalls to make sure that the information is accurate.

Aloha.... Tom :cool: - by rattus58

Have you tried doing research on the client before you make the cold call? Many times you will find all that information on their website or if they are a member of the local Chamber of Commerce that info is listed if all else fails you simply call and

I have been successful working with small business owners showing them how to cut cost by lowering your monthly premium yet often raising their benefits. Is there a good time I could come back and talk with you?

Next question is: Should I cold call or just go B2B?
Personally I prefer to go face to face it just works better for me but some do better calling I think it is a personal preference. Take a look at the script. - by MPrince
MPrince,
What do you mean by?: Take a look at the script.

Is it weak? If so, could you give me a few pointers? I am so green its ridiculous. Thanks! - by ludlow75
MPrince,
What do you mean by?: Take a look at the script.

Is it weak? If so, could you give me a few pointers? I am so green its ridiculous. Thanks!

The reason I said take a look at the script is because I re-wrote it and I wanted you to look at the difference. I was in a hurry when I sent the message to you that I didn't take the time to clarify myself. Sorry about that. Read the changes in your script above and see if that helps you at all. Let me know if you have any questions.

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
I would go with corporationwiki.com, It is free & provides names & addresses of the business owners to include their agents. It is pretty accurate.

Next step,

Go to Manta.com, get the company stats & detailed company reports Ie # of employees, annual fiscal evaluations.... etc

Next Step,

If I wanted to really dig in to talk to this owner via their unlisted cell phone number I would pay a minimum fee for unlimited access to a reverse number look up service.

At this point you will probably know more about your prospect then they know about themselves.

Throw in that killer script that Mprince revised for you & you should be golden

j.p.o - by DIAMONDSTAR
Thank you Diamond...I was in a hurry when I tweaked it so if you want to improve it I'm sure ludlow would appreciate it.

warmest Regards - by MPrince
I believe we need two scripts here, one for the decision makers which we have already outlined & one for the secretary.

Unfortunately there are two many secretaries that believe it is their mission in life to prevent salespeople from talking to their bosses. Unlike salespeople, secretaries are “order takers”, & I am not beyond using embedded commands (would you, will you, can you, ) to get this person to do what you want them to do which in this case is to act immediately with a sense of purpose. Remember you are calling to do business.

Good Morning this is Ludlow 75 * Would you* connect me to Mr. So & So
Good Morning this is Ludlow 75* *Will you* connect me Mr. So & So
Good Morning this is Ludlow 75 *Can you* give me Mr So & So’s extension

A strategy a friend of mine (#1 salesman) uses. Good morning this is So & So, I am returning Mr. So & So’s call.

The point that I am really trying to impress here is that if the secretary believes that you are calling to make a sales call, your name & number will end up on a little yellow post-it & probably end up in the circular file. If the same person believes that their employer may miss an important transaction, they are going to act with a sense of purpose.

j.p.o - by DIAMONDSTAR
MPrince,
Sorry I didn't notice your re-write. I love it! Thanks to everyone else on the web site info. I knew this forum was a good move for me!!!!!! Time to hit the streets! - by ludlow75
ludlow

You have all the qualities plus the SalePractice forum behind you...you can do!!!

You have to believe in yourself and believe that you CAN do it! I know you can!

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.