Home > Interview > New Fact Find Question

New Fact Find Question

Fact Find
I am new to sales and have started a new job in Data sales.
I have made some sales but have struggled with a fact find. i normally just go in to the USPs and blast the customer with them.
I undersatnd that I need to do a good fact find to help my sales.
I have got myself in to a state and can't think clearly about how I should go about the Questions.
I sell Data into Business in the uk this data is aimed at getting business in to the public sector.
Could someone help by starting me off with a few opening question or fact find relevent questions so I can build my convidence up Help Help. The worry of losing my job is clouding my jugdement.:cu:cu
Eno Ferry - by enoferry
Hi Eno,

I guess that most of your work is using the telephone. I have taken a few calls from people selling data on the public sector where the caller didn't even bother to establish if we sell to the public sector. It depends on the quality of the prospect list you are using however, a good start would be, "Do you have any public sector customers?" and if you get a negative reply, "Is the public sector a market you would like to address?". If this hasn't qualified them out, "How do you get new customers at the moment?". These three questions offer a chance of a prospects marketing and selling activities which, presumably, is the what your data is supposed to help them with. - by Clive Miller
Thank very much for your help
Yes it is by Telephone I do my own research as to who I target.
My opening is I understand what you do (product or service)
what I am trying to understand how important public sector work is to you.
I now find myself stuck as the next set of question to get the most information out of the potential customer.
It the next few question that I seem to struggle with. - by enoferry
Fact Find
I am new to sales and have started a new job in Data sales.
I have made some sales but have struggled with a fact find. i normally just go in to the USPs and blast the customer with them.
I undersatnd that I need to do a good fact find to help my sales.
I have got myself in to a state and can't think clearly about how I should go about the Questions.
I sell Data into Business in the uk this data is aimed at getting business in to the public sector.
Could someone help by starting me off with a few opening question or fact find relevent questions so I can build my convidence up Help Help. The worry of losing my job is clouding my jugdement.:cu:cu
Eno Ferry
Hi Eno

I'm not sure what you do but I believe that fact finding B2B is pretty much the same; most of all you want to ask questions and then be quiet and listen. If you are not listening you cannot possibly give the client what they want. Here are some questions I would want to ask...remember people love to talk about their accomplishments...most of all they love to have someone listen;

How long have you been in business?
How many employees do you have?
What are your gross sales annually?
Do you have plans to expand?
Do you have plans to introduce another product or service into the market?
What led you to get into this business?
What do you like most about your competition?
What do you like least about your competition?
If you could change your present Data System what changes would you make?
What do you like most about your present Data system?

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.