Home > Approach > How to propose for a business

How to propose for a business

I m a life insurance agent, Please provide exact script on how to ask (how to propose to) people 2 buy a new policy or consider buying new policy when i meet them in parties and social functions so to increase my business and client base.

Also how to introduce myself in parties & social functions & what to say when giving visiting cards to get future business,services & work from them.

I will be thankful if someone can provide me a exact script. Thank you. - by dennis27
I'd not be pitching anyone at a party, other than to meet them. We are consultants, and you cannot consult at a public gathering very professionally, which is how you have to present yourself to them as... a professional.

Meet, greet, and get permission to be able to give them a call at a later date. If you are both at the same function together, you have a sort of implied relationship or commonality of interest. While you are together, show a little interest in who he is, how he got where he is and develop a friendly relationship then ask permission to call him at some later date.

We send a card to people we meet and remind them that we asked for permission to call to share with them what we do and to get their opinion on whether we could have a positive impact on him or his business.

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
Couldn't agree with Tom more on this one. Do NOT try to sell them at the public functions. Thats for networking not selling. You must remember that if they are at a social gathering then they are there for one or two things.

1) To Relax and enjoy company with friends (Don't see much of this at public functions)

2) They are also there to network their company. Imagine if everyone at these functions spent the entire time trying to sell their business. - by jrboyd
I m a life insurance agent, Please provide exact script on how to ask (how to propose to) people 2 buy a new policy or consider buying new policy when i meet them in parties and social functions so to increase my business and client base.

Also how to introduce myself in parties & social functions & what to say when giving visiting cards to get future business,services & work from them.

I will be thankful if someone can provide me a exact script. Thank you.
dennis

In my opinion you should never try and sell your product at a party or a social function. There is nothing wrong with telling folks where you work and what you do. If they express an interest get their number and call them the next day for an appointment. There is nothing wrong with giving them one of your business cards or get one of theirs but let that be it unless they keep asking you questions. A party is not the time to sell but you can network. - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.