Home > Interview > fact find questions

fact find questions

I sell Data ( contact names numbers email address job functions and job titles) to private business is is normally done by telephone. We sell contacts from Public Sector to business want to move in to that area.
Does anyone have any good opening fact finding lines for me to work over anything would help.
Any help would be great.
Eno Ferry
- by enoferry
For fact finding questions on the phone, I wouldn't start directly with fact finding questions aimed toward finding information for the actual sale itself. You need to remember that they probably recieve sales phone calls regularly. What can you do or say that will make you stick out from the rest of the sales people? At the same time don't get to personally because these people are business men, and their time is money, so try to find a common ground quickly talk with them about it for a couple secs, then proceed into the sales aspect of the conversation. If you can get the person to relate to you on the other end of the phone, then he will be more open to what you have to say. It's a very complex tactic but with practice works EXTREMELY well. - by jrboyd
I would think that you need all types of information about that business so...if I were in you position I would start asking questions such as;

How long have you been in business?
How many employees do you have?
What are your gross sales annually?
How do you get you prospect names now?
Are the names you get good prospects?
Do you get a good flow of names?

Just continue to ask questions and listen to what the client tells you. If you ask questions and listen long enough he will tell you everything you need to know. - by MPrince
Thank you both for your help and advice I will take this on and start back with a renewed attitude. - by enoferry
Hi my name is enoferry with data company. We specialize in growing businesses like yours by connecting them with the decision makers who run companies in their target market. I know you weren't expecting my call. I am calling to find out when we could meet and talk more about what you do and who you would like to bring on as customers this year. Would late this week be better or would early next week be better to meet for an hour in your office? - by jdedwa11
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.