Home > Consumer Behavior > Human nature and personal selling - What you don't know could hurt you

Human nature and personal selling - What you don't know could hurt you

What do you know about human nature that can be applied to personal selling? - by Thomas
What do you know about human nature that can be applied to personal selling?
People love to buy ... it makes them feel good. - by TonyB
I don't know what you are thinking really as you post this, but I think that all of human nature is about selling. My kids try to convince me about one scheme or another still. My grand-daughter... good grief...

Now in my opinion, and I'm not a student of anything, everything gravitates and revolves around trade, in a free country anyway, and between people in general. I'll trade you these papayas for some of your banana's.. or avacadoes, macadamia nuts, or akule (fish). I'll hunt this herd of buffalo, deer, or turkeys in trade for some berries, corn, or pelts. I'll trade you some bronze for some gold... etc.

All this trade equates to value perceived. Hawaiians didn't have steel and would trade a pig for a nail. I've heard of other trades of tracts of land for a jug of whiskey. This might be the dark side of human nature.

Around here it still goes on.... Honey... mow the lawn today and I'll cook you dinner..... or the veto .... no roof, no movie... :)

Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
Very broad question Thomas. - by jrboyd
Every facet of human nature applies to selling. - by Skip Anderson
Very broad question Thomas.
It seems like there have to be some specific aspects of human nature that knowing would help with personal selling. No? - by Thomas
What do you know about human nature that can be applied to personal selling?
That someone who is relaxed and trusts you will buy today. thmbp2; - by PiJiL
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.