Home > Presentation > What if the product you are trying to sell is cr*p?

What if the product you are trying to sell is cr*p?

Hey :)

---Mods please remove if posted in wrong section!---

As some of you may know, I try to sell ad-space... something like that...

Now I just saw that this site, where I try to get professional shop owners to sign up, sell used p*rn dvds as well!!! The index sites show all the new ads, which means that it's very likely that these professional ads will get some very ugly neighbors if these people don't fix it (wrote an email, waiting for reply).

I have to get some money soon from somewhere, so I don't feel I can afford to lose it. But on the other hand, I don't want to struggle to get people to sign up for a long term service, if that is what they get :(

How have you guys handled it, if you found out that the service/product you were selling is actually pretty flawed?

I'll be very happy for any advice.

Take care,
*Louise - by cleocatra999
Louise,

You have to love the product or service you sell. If you don't, how can you have the conviction and attitude that the prospect must absolutely own what you're selling?

There's a saying, "Love what you do and the money will follow". Well, the other side of that is, if you don't love what you do, there will be no money.

80% of selling is your mind set and how can you have a positive mind set when you're questioning what you're selling? - by Jim Klein
Louise,

You have to love the product or service you sell. If you don't, how can you have the conviction and attitude that the prospect must absolutely own what you're selling?

There's a saying, "Love what you do and the money will follow". Well, the other side of that is, if you don't love what you do, there will be no money.

80% of selling is your mind set and how can you have a positive mind set when you're questioning what you're selling?
Tobacco kills, it even says so on the labeling and somehow they find people to sell it. :dun - by Seth
Tobacco kills, it even says so on the labeling and somehow they find people to sell it. :dun
The question was "Re: What if the product you are trying to sell is cr*p?" Toabacco is hardly an inferior design that fails to produce the desired result for the seller, except maybe for the GI designed stuff.

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
I agree with Jim on this one. There's 3 things you have to believe in to be successful
1) Yourself
2) Your Company
3) The product

If you only believe in 1 or 2 of these then you will not be successful, because you won't have the enthusaisim required to make a sale. - by jrboyd
Louise...I know you are in a difficult situation but this is going to be a personal decision you will have to make. No one can make it for you. I can only tell you what I can do and that is; I have a huge problem selling something that I don't believe in but if I was hungry my attitude might be completely different. I am not in your shoes and I certainly am not going to judge you so you do what you feel you have to do. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
Every product has some feature to it that is probably useful. If you can develop a selective amnesia, you should do just fine by focusing on the good points ... like me... I was the only kid with a harley in my school ... I was the only kid that had a plane... focus on the good points.. I know this.. cuz they never picked me out in a crowd by myself... :)

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
Very few products are all crap, and very few are perfect. 99% fall in the middle.

I disagree that you have to love your product (what's the definition of love?). I think you have to like it and believe it will meet customers' needs. Undoubtedly, the more you love it the better, but all products have flaws.

Salespeople's jobs are to sell their product, flaws and all! - by Skip Anderson
Thank you so much everyone for your advice :)

I see the problem when I don't believe in the product...

Every product has some feature to it that is probably useful. If you can develop a selective amnesia, you should do just fine by focusing on the good points
I like this :) -developing such a skill would be very useful in other areas of life than just selling *LOL*

Louise...I know you are in a difficult situation but this is going to be a personal decision you will have to make. No one can make it for you. I can only tell you what I can do and that is; I have a huge problem selling something that I don't believe in but if I was hungry my attitude might be completely different. I am not in your shoes and I certainly am not going to judge you so you do what you feel you have to do. If there is anything we can do to help let us know

Martha, I appreciate your understanding :)
I really want to try it, and then just be ready to run away very quickly if something goes wrong.

I'm not involved in any other ways than selling. I don't rake in signatures... I just pick up the phone, maybe send an email, and let the others do the rest...
*sigh*

Salespeople's jobs are to sell their product, flaws and all!
Yeah... maybe I'm too emotionally involved with the costumer side instead of just see this as a job? I just don't want to cause anyone trouble.

Well, thanks to all of you who told me I need to like my product.
It has given me some ideas what to improve and look for when taking on the next job. This is only temporary... unless I start to really like it of course. -Otherwise, I'll sell for someone else...

Take care everyone :)
*Louise - by cleocatra999
Louise...I wish you all the best and I know you will do what you have to do to survive and again we are here to help! Like I said, I might do the same thing if I were in your shoes.

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.