Home > Interview > Top 10 Sales Questions for Uncovering a Prospect's Needs

Top 10 Sales Questions for Uncovering a Prospect's Needs

What are the top 10 sales questions to ask prospects to uncover known and especially latent needs? - by Community Mailbox
Who are you... would be one...
What do you do... would be another
When do you need my product or service...
Where do you work, live, plan to retire... or care
Why would you need our product or serve
How are you coping without our product or service now
What else can you tell me....

Wrapped up in an attractive questioning technique.... so that we can identify areas that we can help and recommend solutions to the identified areas of concern and ultimately come to agreement that one or all of our recommendations are the right choice... even if meaning recommending no change or a competitor as we have to do from time to time.

This is my top ten in the manner of which I'm capable.... :)

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
These aren't necessarily my top three questions but are more generic to fit the diverse forum. All of these have uncovered latent needs or dissatisfactions, since the client does not always look at their situation from said perspective.

Where do you see yourself five, ten years from now?

How was your past experience in getting a _______?

Tell me, where are you feeling the most financial stress right now? - by Tony_B
This is not off topic, but here is a chance for me to say something I've been meaning to say about devising "questions".

You constuct a sales question in the same way you construct effective advertising copy. By that I mean that you put down exactly and clearly and generically and plainly the questions you seek answers to. THEN and only then, after the wording is 100% consistent with the real question, you edit it with style and charm, and provocation if necessary to deliver it as a sales tool question. - by Ace Coldiron
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.