Home > Advertising > Self Promotion in Sales

Self Promotion in Sales

Any thoughts on this subject, specifically on being positioned through self promotion efforts? - by Ace Coldiron
I hate this.... I keep erasing myself from here...

Anyway...

Tony Group www.tony-group.com
Lex Brodies Tires www.lexbrodies.com
Cutter Ford.. www.cutterford.com

and I'm sure that there are thousands of examples.. especially in areas like real estate, insurance, - by rattus58
I sale local broadcast television, there are times I recommend to my client for he or she tell their story. No one can tell it like they can and no one believes it like they do. To the viewer the client will come across as authentic, real, not a paid actor. In doing this they are promoting their business by self promotion. It has proven to be very effective on a local level. - by MPrince
I sale local broadcast television, there are times I recommend to my client for he or she tell their story. No one can tell it like they can and no one believes it like they do. To the viewer the client will come across as authentic, real, not a paid actor. In doing this they are promoting their business by self promotion. It has proven to be very effective on a local level.
I agree, a great way to both feed the ego of the client and build trust for the audience! - by TSizzle
My opinion is Self promotion is acceptable in Sales. Because If we do not talk about our product, then who will talk about that. After getting popular, people will talk automatically. Till that time self promotion is necessary I feel. - by amuthanjrv
There's nothing right or wrong about self promotion, or any tactics for that matter. Particularly, when it comes to positioning, unless you say what you strive to be, the market could (and usually does) position you wrongly.

Self promotion, if done crudely, could boomerang. If done subtly, it could help very significantly. If not done at all, it may take a long time for the world to know who we are, and we may have lost out quite a lot in the process.

Each one decides how much self promotion one wants to do and how, and reaps the consequences, + as well as -.

Remove the signature (a subtle promotion) from forums, and not many will be interested in posting.

Ads are self promotions. SEO is self promotion too, done subtly.

I don't know of any brand built without self promotion, in some form.

Even Gandhi promoted himself subtly, even if not consciously.

Ganesan. - by ezynes
So much people do not care of self promotion but I think that is so important specially in sales.We should have the ability to talk and attract people. - by sangeeth101
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.