Home > Referrals > Why do you deserve referrals?

Why do you deserve referrals?

I am often asked for referrals. I wonder: why do you deserve referrals? - by jdedwa11
Did you make the sales process as easy and uncomplicated for the customer as possible?

Is the customer happy with his purchase?

Did you make yourself stand out above the other sales people?

Does your customer feel that you have his best interest in mind?

Do you exceed customer's expectations for service?

Answer yes to those questions, and then the answer would be yes you deserve referrals. Those questions are huge for me on why I deserve referrals. I strive with every customer to ensure that I complete these, so that way it is easy for me to ask for referrals. - by jrboyd
Jerry, I love your posts. They are so laconic.

This is one great sales question.thmbp2;

... because you trust me? - by Tony_B
But how do you know I trust you? - by jdedwa11
But how do you know the answer is YES to all those questions? And, why do you believe that if you did know the answer was YES, that I was obligated to provide referrals? - by jdedwa11
But how do you know the answer is YES to all those questions? And, why do you believe that if you did know the answer was YES, that I was obligated to provide referrals?
Simple. You ask the customer.

"Now Mr. Customer, this is what I do for a living, and I try to learn something from each and every one of my clients. Now was there anything you felt that I could have done different to make this easier for you? (Most will say no, you were great) Great. Is there anything that I did that you guys really liked? So on a Scale of 1-10 how would you rate your experience with me?

As I said, this is what I do for a living, and I really do appreciate your kind words. Now I know your going to be showing off your new truck to all your friends and family. What I would like to do is give you a couple of my business cards, and I want you to put your name on the back of them. If any of them are looking to purchase a new vehicle, just give them a card. When they come into see me and purchase their vehicle, I will send you a $100 referral fee for helping me out. Do you know of anyone that is interested currently?" - by jrboyd
Simple. You ask the customer.

"Now Mr. Customer, this is what I do for a living, and I try to learn something from each and every one of my clients. Now was there anything you felt that I could have done different to make this easier for you? (Most will say no, you were great) Great. Is there anything that I did that you guys really liked? So on a Scale of 1-10 how would you rate your experience with me?

As I said, this is what I do for a living, and I really do appreciate your kind words. Now I know your going to be showing off your new truck to all your friends and family. What I would like to do is give you a couple of my business cards, and I want you to put your name on the back of them. If any of them are looking to purchase a new vehicle, just give them a card. When they come into see me and purchase their vehicle, I will send you a $100 referral fee for helping me out. Do you know of anyone that is interested currently?"
How about....

Can I ask, did you find the time we spent together today valuable?

And when people ask about your new car, what will you tell them about me?

What is the best to share my information with them if they say they are interested in buying a new vehicle like you?

The distinction is to let it be their idea instead of ours. - by jdedwa11
.... why do you believe that if you did know the answer was YES, that I was obligated to provide referrals?
Basic sales professional tenets of human nature and the Law of Reciprocity and that it fosters obligation.

Therefore your perception of their perceived value in your efforts may prompt you to assume value, which in turn may lead to the gift of a referral.

Talk about a circular sentence? :) - by Tony_B
Wow Tony. I had to re-read your post, and actually concentrate to follow what you said. You gave me a headache :(. Bad Tony.

But it does make sense. - by jrboyd
I am often asked for referrals. I wonder: why do you deserve referrals?
I don't. I've to earn them, but I'll ask for them sn; if I've provided what I believe is a positive impact for you or your company.

Aloha... Tom :cool: shds; - by rattus58
Wow Tony. I had to re-read your post, and actually concentrate to follow what you said. You gave me a headache :(. Bad Tony.

But it does make sense.
LOL

Yes, my eyesight got blurry even! ;bg - by Tony_B
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.