Home > Approach > Need assistance with my introduction.

Need assistance with my introduction.

I've just started a job with a new company that involves search engine optimization and internet marketing. Really the hardest part of this particular sale I'm noticing is the opening and introduction. This is the way I'm opening and introducing as soon as I reach an owner:

Hi, my name is David Young speaking with RelevantAds. The reason for my call is in regards to your internet business profile are you familiar with what I'm talking about?

(At this point the most popular response is "Yeah kind of" or "Yes, I'm not interested", or simply "No". Below is my response if they say anything besides an objection.)

(Side note if they say "No" first I explain: "Well what it is is it's the information regarding your company as seen by customers who are looking for your services online" than go onto what I say below)

Well, I'm actually taking a look at your listing right now and see that it's on page __ of Google and what our company does is move your business profile to the very front page of the largest search engines available such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN Live. I'd like to spend a few moments exploring this idea with you over the phone. I'll be brief, if it's not exactly what your looking for I'll let you go. Fair enough?

I've only been calling for a day and a half so maybe I'm thinking too much of it but, I'd like some input from you guys on certain things in my introduction to gain more interest/attention. Really if I can just get the prospect to the demonstration I'm confident of getting the sale 2 out of 3 times. However, it's just getting them to the demonstration part which I'm having trouble with. All help, criticism, input, and advice is much appreciated. - by David.Y
Hi, my name is David Young. I am calling to find out if you would be interested in growing your business by harnessing the power of the internet?

No, Not Interested: Wow, I rarely hear that from business owners I talk with, especially in today's economy. Tell me more about your situation.

Yes: Is now a good time to chat for about 30 minutes so I can learn a bit more about you and your business goals or would later in the week be better? - by jdedwa11
"Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening. My name is David Young and I am a lead internet consultant with XYZ Corporation. I specialize in search engine optimization and internet marketing for businesses such as yours. I have done some research on your company and believe I have a few ideas to help increase the traffic to your website by ___ %. Now I do realize that you are a busy man, so what I wanted to do today was set up an appointment time, whenever you have about 15 to 30 minutes, so I can call you back and we can review some of these ideas and see which you think is most benifical to you. What would be the most convient time for you, sometime today, or later in the week?" - by jrboyd
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.