Home > Personal Selling > Sales Answer - Do you believe?

Sales Answer - Do you believe?

While surfing sales blogs I found a post that was titled, "Do you believe?". The first part of the post is in quotes below:

When you're building a business or driving sales, there one thing, and one thing ONLY that matters which will determine your success rate: BELIEF. So, the question to ask yourself is simple, "Do I believe that I can help my potential new clients, more strongly than they believe that I cannot?"
What helpful information can be gleaned from this quote? - by Community Mailbox
I believe in a strong belief system for us as salespeople. I think it is important that we believe in ourselves and our ability to succeed. In that, the quote is in my opinion, right on.

As to can I help them more than I cannot, that NEVER entered into my mind, nor can I see myself EVER letting it enter my mind. I have confidence in what I do, and I have confidence in my clients need for my products and services.

Aloha... Tom :cool: shds; - by rattus58
It is a CRITICAL belief. It's a determinate in the most difficult of all selling situations.

But there is a caveat. Simple "affirmations" to reinforce confidence don't do the trick--and they are all too common. You have to have solid belief backed up by deep understanding of your product's or service's application to the prospect's needs and situation. - by Ace Coldiron
5 Simple Beliefs that are a must to become the top sales consultant:

1) Believe you are the best
If you don't think you are the best, then guess what, you
never will become the best.

2) Believe in your product
If you don't believe in your product, neither will the
customer

3) Believe in your company
If you don't believe in your company, why should the
customer?

4) Believe you are doing a service to the customers
You aren't there to sale to the customer, you are there to
present solutions to their problems

5) Believe that every customer is a buyer
Treat every customer as a buyer. If you go into the deal thinking "This guy won't buy" Guess what he won't - by jrboyd
1. That prospects don't care what you think. They have the only vote.

2. That people BUY for their reasons, not yours. You must be committed to finding out THEIR REASONS and not tell them yours.

3. You must commit to getting better at building rapport and communication effectively with all types of people each and every day. - by jdedwa11
jd...I disagree that prospects do not care what you think. It has been my experience that it is just the opposite. Why are you taking the time to build a relationship with them? Why teach them you are skilled in your trade with product knowledge and sales ability? Why listen to their needs and offer solutions if, in the end they simply do not care what you think? It is my opinion propsects care very much what you think if you have done your job.

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
jd...I disagree that prospects do not care what you think. It has been my experience that it is just the opposite. Why are you taking the time to build a relationship with them? Why teach them you are skilled in your trade with product knowledge and sales ability? Why listen to their needs and offer solutions if, in the end they simply do not care what you think? It is my opinion propsects care very much what you think if you have done your job.

Warmest Regards
We agree. Let me explain.

Many feel selling is TELLING. The common point of both our posts is that we need to draw the prospect out by asking better questions. When they talk, they quickly LIKE and TRUST us so that when we do share solutions they feel you have their BEST INTERESTS in mind. - by jdedwa11
I do see merit in your post JD for the most part.

1. That prospects don't care what you think. They have the only vote.
This would be the only part that I would semi-disagree with. Key thing to remember is your a sales consultant, not a sales person. If you think the customer is right all the time than you will lose alot of sales. Customer's believe it or not aren't as informed as they would like to think they are. You may be able to provide options or solutions that a customer hasn't thought of. Question is how do you present this options. If they feel you are pushing your interest on them then they won't go for it.

2. That people BUY for their reasons, not yours. You must be committed to finding out THEIR REASONS and not tell them yours.
Completely agree

3. You must commit to getting better at building rapport and communication effectively with all types of people each and every day.
Completely agree. But the question was more along the lines of Believeing you can help the customer vs them believing that you cannot. In order to get to that level of belief, you have to get them to trust you, and in order to do that you must build rapport. :) - by jrboyd
I do see merit in your post JD for the most part.

This would be the only part that I would semi-disagree with. Key thing to remember is your a sales consultant, not a sales person. If you think the customer is right all the time than you will lose alot of sales. Customer's believe it or not aren't as informed as they would like to think they are. You may be able to provide options or solutions that a customer hasn't thought of. Question is how do you present this options. If they feel you are pushing your interest on them then they won't go for it.
I believe we do agree...

To help the customer understand what they don't know takes asking effective questions. In my view, the QUESTION is the ANSWER. - by jdedwa11
I Believe that the sun will rise
I Believe I'll be responsible for my own demise
I Believe in the goodness of man
I Beleive in the attitude of can

I Believe that I can achieve
I Believe that I'm who I perceive
I Believe that I've great wealth
And the reason for that is I've got my health - by rattus58
I believe we do agree...

To help the customer understand what they don't know takes asking effective questions. In my view, the QUESTION is the ANSWER.

WOW...pretty heavy but I like alot! - by MPrince
I Believe that the sun will rise
I Believe I'll be responsible for my own demise
I Believe in the goodness of man
I Beleive in the attitude of can

I Believe that I can achieve
I Believe that I'm who I perceive
I Believe that I've great wealth
And the reason for that is I've got my health

Hey Tim/Tom
It's good to have you back!

I believe you are a poet
and do not know it
You make it rhyme every time. - by MPrince
Do you believe?

To be highly successful you must believe in your abilities and in your attitude. You should have a strong belief in the product, service and service after the sale. I have a strong belief that I am the best person for the client. I have a very strong belief that my solution is the best possible solution for the client and done for them. I believe.

It never enters my mind that I cannot help my client. My beliefs are stronger than a client’s belief that I cannot help them. When I do not make the ownership exchange the client has enough of a belief in my solution that whoever follows me follows my solution. - by rich34232
While surfing sales blogs I found a post that was titled, "Do you believe?". The first part of the post is in quotes below:

What helpful information can be gleaned from this quote?
I agree that "belief" will be vital to your success. Without a deep conviction in yourself, your ability and your product you will not be able to make the sacrifices necessary to build a successful business or a sales career. - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.