Home > Education > Basic requirements for success in all kinds of selling

Basic requirements for success in all kinds of selling

What basic, common requirements are necessary for success in all kinds of selling? - by Yankee Peddler
self confidence, knowing your products, and competitor's, understanding the customers' needs, sentiments and emotions. enthusiasm, empathy, from the salesperson, and geniuine desire to either improve customer's output or give solution to a problem. these are cmmon requirements for success in all kinds of selling. there may be more. - by temitope
Confidence in your product/service is another requirement. Be confident that it can benefit the customer and/or be a solution to their problem. When you have confidence in your product/service, it comes across when communicating with the client or prospect. - by Eagle Sales Resumes
Attitude first and foremost to me is important. Without the proper attitude nothing gets accomplished with the right attitude the rest falls into place with the proper effort. Confidence follows, understanding the client and taking action to learn new ways to trigger response and action from my clients and me.
- by rich34232
Most of the above, along with the ability to discover business problems. In a B2B selling environment, a person who can drill down to understanding the tactical problems that prevent their customer from meeting their business plans will be an invaluable resource, not to mention make a lot of money. - by David Mack
Attitude first and foremost to me is important. Without the proper attitude nothing gets accomplished with the right attitude the rest falls into place with the proper effort. Confidence follows, understanding the client and taking action to learn new ways to trigger response and action from my clients and me.
Very good point. - by Eagle Sales Resumes
Of course this is an interesting thread which has at least the potential to help many newcomers in sales. That, in itself would be consistent with SalesPractice as the definitive source of sales education on the Internet.

Confidence has been endorsed in all the members' posts thus far. Certainly the word itself has a positive connotation. However, there has been no description of what that confidence actually looks like.

Would anyone be willing to give an example of how confidence has manifested in one of your sales, and exactly how that effected the result? - by Gary A Boye
Of course this is an interesting thread which has at least the potential to help many newcomers in sales. That, in itself would be consistent with SalesPractice as the definitive source of sales education on the Internet.

Confidence has been endorsed in all the members' posts thus far. Certainly the word itself has a positive connotation. However, there has been no description of what that confidence actually looks like.

Would anyone be willing to give an example of how confidence has manifested in one of your sales, and exactly how that effected the result?
You don't accept challenge without confidence. You don't go on that initial solo flight without confidence. You don't tackle that leaky faucet without confidence. You don't pick up the phone to make a cold call without confidence. You don't "Mr and Mrs Iloveyou'rebuyingthis if you've no more questions for me, shall we move forward with this?".

In my opinion, if you don't have confidence, you'll always be in the shadows stunted. With confidence, you'll get out into the sunlight where you can grow.

Much Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.