Home > Sales Promotion > Beginning salesmen at Trade Shows and Conventions

Beginning salesmen at Trade Shows and Conventions

Do exhibits offer a good place to train beginning salesmen? Why? - by Yankee Peddler
Do exhibits offer a good place to train beginning salesmen? Why?
Not as a rule.

Trade show selling demands acquired skills, and using inexperienced people can create a very poor ROI for the company. - by Ace Coldiron
I agree with Ace on this.

You see it alot at car dealerships, whenever there is a show or event. They usually send the less experienced sales people to go. And guess what happens? The usually end up generating very lil leads. I personally love it. I excell at public events, and will usually get 20-30 solid leads. And it's not because I am better than the new sales consultants, it's because I have alot more techniques and skill in my belt than a newer sales consultant. - by jrboyd
Do exhibits offer a good place to train beginning salesmen? Why?

I think it would be a great place to have a beginning sales person at the side of an experienced sales person listening & learning. That is my opinion. - by MPrince
A client of mine had a similar problem. Wished to give the Newbies some exposure to hte clients /industry/ business, but their product knowledge was very low.

I designed a "nameplate" type badge that said, "I'm new but I'm learning" and the newbies wore these.
Result? No visitors expected them to have any substantial product knowledge, I armed them with a prospecting script, and they got lots of attention, sympathy, and leads!
Result!
My client now tries to have a couple of Eewbies .......and some are very oldies .;-)) ..... on his stand at trade shows every time.
Maitiu - by maitiu
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.