Home > Presentation > Need-satisfaction approach in developing a sales presentation

Need-satisfaction approach in developing a sales presentation

What is the main advantage of using the need-satisfaction approach in developing a sales presentation? - by Yankee Peddler
What is the main advantage of using the need-satisfaction approach in developing a sales presentation?
The main advantage would exist in the mind of someone who uses the need-satisfaction approach in developing a sales presentation. Whatever that advantage is, if it existed at all, would simply be subjective opinion.

Some people use a tactical approach to selling. Others like myself believe a strategic approach is superior. If someone could define the "need-satisfaction" approach with clarity, those who favor tactics and those who favor strategy could answer your question through their own lens. Again, as I've stated elsewhere, the goal here is insight. - by Ace Coldiron
I'm not even sure what we're talking about here, but for me you have to uncover needs if you're going to be able to satisfy them.

Much Aloha,

Tom :cool:;bg - by rattus58
This approach works only if the true needs of the customer are known, and if the customer fully understands their need and the consequences of taking action or not. In some cases the salesperson is like a veterinarian, you have to diagnose an illness or injury with a patient that has only basic communication skills. It is imperative that you have quantifiable information to work with or you may be selling an ice cube to an Eskimo. - by rjakini
There are various approaches to sales. The main objective for each sales individual is to convey to the prospective buyer the value in buying his product.
Some do it with price, some do it by showing their products superiority vis-a-vis competition and in case of an emerging market or concept selling by educating the customer.
An approach to creating value out of making the customer aware, is Need-Benefit or Need-Satisfaction presentation.
The advantage for this approach when used in the right manner at the right place, creates value for your product and services reducing price negotiations cycles and increasing customer faith. It also positions you in an advisory role, as you appear to understand the customers pain-points (needs) and have the solution to solve them. - by ajaytikare
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.