Home > Cold Calling > Cold Call Process

Cold Call Process

Using an "Unlock the Game" or "Spin Selling" model for your cold calling practice, is it possible to advance your first cold call with a prospect to a follow-up call for a presentation? Or is that too soon in the sales cycle? :cu - by cpimpleton
Using an "Unlock the Game" or "Spin Selling" model for your cold calling practice, is it possible to advance your first cold call with a prospect to a follow-up call for a presentation? Or is that too soon in the sales cycle? :cu
I am not familiar with these methods but in my opinion a cold call is to sell an appointment. In my business which is television/advertising sales, that first appointment is the most important of all. It is a fact finding mission. I am asking "questions" and "listening". Without this time I cannot possibly know what the client wants and needs. If I don't know what the client wants and needs I cannot possible make the client happy. If I take short cuts I am cheating my client.

So. to answer your question, in my opinion, yes it is too soon.

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
Me too... I'm wit Mary/Martha.... :)

Aloha...shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Me too... I'm wit Mary/Martha.... :)

Aloha...shds; ;bg
And I am with Tim/Tom...that means we agree! - by MPrince
I am not familiar with these methods but in my opinion a cold call is to sell an appointment. In my business which is television/advertising sales, that first appointment is the most important of all. It is a fact finding mission. I am asking "questions" and "listening". Without this time I cannot possibly know what the client wants and needs. If I don't know what the client wants and needs I cannot possible make the client happy. If I take short cuts I am cheating my client. - by cocosan
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.