Home > Social Influence > What is the focus of creative selling?

What is the focus of creative selling?

Is it novelty, visibility, value, or uniqueness? - by Ace Coldiron
Is it novelty, visibility, value, or uniqueness?
In the world of Television Advertising it can be all of the above. It is certainly a novelty to a small local business to be on television, visibility and value because television offers a client the ability to target their demographic. Uniqueness comes with the commercial selling message because you are able to show what sets your client apart from their competition. So, I have all of these tools in my sales tool box. - by MPrince
In the world of Television Advertising it can be all of the above. It is certainly a novelty to a small local business to be on television, visibility and value because television offers a client the ability to target their demographic. Uniqueness comes with the commercial selling message because you are able to show what sets your client apart from their competition. So, I have all of these tools in my sales tool box.
Martha, lets look at it from the perspective of competition or your clients' choices of where to advertise. If a business is not new to advertising, it would not be a novelty. Visibility, in the context of you the seller, would be relative to the visibility of your competition. It also would probably be an error to assume the other media venues don't have USPs--they're in a field that dwells on that concept on behalf of their clients. That leaves value as the focus of creative selling. - by Ace Coldiron
Martha, lets look at it from the perspective of competition or your clients' choices of where to advertise. If a business is not new to advertising, it would not be a novelty. Visibility, in the context of you the seller, would be relative to the visibility of your competition. It also would probably be an error to assume the other media venues don't have USPs--they're in a field that dwells on that concept on behalf of their clients. That leaves value as the focus of creative selling.
I am building value from the very first call through creative selling. I do this by focusing on the client as he is guided through the sales process and as I allow him to buy. I have spent time with the client, asked probing questions and listened intently. I will continually point out the things my client has told me he is interested in that I have been able to offer. This will keep the client excited and focused on my product. In my opinion it is a process from beginning to end of always letting the client know how important he/she is to me. At no time can I be concerned about the sale it's self. I can only be concerned about the client and their needs or it is not creative selling. That is my opinion. - by MPrince
I am building value from the very first call through creative selling. I do this by focusing on the client as he is guided through the sales process and as I allow him to buy. I have spent time with the client, asked probing questions and listened intently. I will continually point out the things my client has told me he is interested in that I have been able to offer. This will keep the client excited and focused on my product. In my opinion it is a process from beginning to end of always letting the client know how important he/she is to me. At no time can I be concerned about the sale it's self. I can only be concerned about the client and their needs or it is not creative selling. That is my opinion.
I read that over several times. Are you saying that, in your case, your process IS the value. - by Ace Coldiron
Martha, lets look at it from the perspective of competition or your clients' choices of where to advertise. If a business is not new to advertising, it would not be a novelty. Visibility, in the context of you the seller, would be relative to the visibility of your competition. It also would probably be an error to assume the other media venues don't have USPs--they're in a field that dwells on that concept on behalf of their clients. That leaves value as the focus of creative selling.
I read that over several times. Are you saying that, in your case, your process IS the value.
I have allowed my to client buy through creative selling by keeping my client focused on what he has told me it will take to make him happy. I suppose you could say the process "is" the value. This is how I perceive "creative selling" but I would like to know what your definition of Creative Selling is. - by MPrince
...I would like to know what your definition of Creative Selling is.
First of all, in selling creativity is a force. Specifically we use it to give force to a competitive situation. (One way or another we are all in competitive situations). It differentiates us and allows us to move people to take action.

In strategic terms it is a surprise. In the give and take of buyer/seller, it comes as a pleasant surprise. - by Ace Coldiron
First of all, in selling creativity is a force. Specifically we use it to give force to a competitive situation. (One way or another we are all in competitive situations). It differentiates us and allows us to move people to take action.

In strategic terms it is a surprise. In the give and take of buyer/seller, it comes as a pleasant surprise.
In my own way I have been saying "I believe" the same thing. When I say I am building value, moving people to take action, is what I mean. However, if it is necessary that I offer something in order to move a client to take action, it is even more important that I have listened to what my client has told me. Otherwise the surprise will not be enough to get the client to buy. - by MPrince
In my own way I have been saying "I believe" the same thing. When I say I am building value, moving people to take action, is what I mean. However, if it is necessary that I offer something in order to move a client to take action, it is even more important that I have listened to what my client has told me. Otherwise the surprise will not be enough to get the client to buy.
It's always easy to think of "value" in tangible terms, i.e. dollar savings, added items, incentives, etc. But the fact is that value is only value if the prospect sees it as such. In your case, what the client sees is your taking the time to listen. THAT is value. That would cause one to move to action. And in today's world, including the selling arena at large--it IS a surprise.

Truly the answer to the posed question is VALUE. - by Ace Coldiron

In strategic terms it is a surprise. In the give and take of buyer/seller, it comes as a pleasant surprise.
It's always easy to think of "value" in tangible terms, i.e. dollar savings, added items, incentives, etc. But the fact is that value is only value if the prospect sees it as such. In your case, what the client sees is your taking the time to listen. THAT is value. That would cause one to move to action. And in today's world, including the selling arena at large--it IS a surprise.

Truly the answer to the posed question is VALUE.
Phew!!! I was beginning to wonder if I could pass this test!

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
Phew!!! I was beginning to wonder if I could pass this test!

Warmest Regards
Not really a test but an opportunity in your case to crystalize your perspective on what you are ALREADY doing so well, Martha.

If people new to selling can read this and see what you are doing as STRATEGY (whether you use the word or not), they will get off to a good head start. It's one more thing that makes you a great forum member here. - by Ace Coldiron
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.