Home > Social Influence > How important is timing as a characteristic of creative selling?

How important is timing as a characteristic of creative selling?

How does timing effect the close in selling? - by Ace Coldiron
Timing is very important. From contacting the prospect at the right time to following up at the right time to closing at the right time - i.e. when the customer is giving you buying signals...

Last thing you want is to contact a customer when they have just bought from your competitor... or waited to long to follow up etc.

Sometimes the sales cycle is longer term yet you have to keep up the "tension" and you gotta keep up your visibility but not in an overly intrusive way. That is where creativity meets timing.

Just some of my thoughts... - by Andrea
How does timing effect the close in selling?
Geeezus Ace.... for someone who has trouble closing a door how do you expect me figure out timing.... sn;

Timing. I try to structure my process so that timing of the close becomes a part of a cadence.

Timing of a close I think comes when you recognize opportunity. Isn't timing of a close part of a process where you are able to confirm the relationships between your clients needs and necessities and your products, goods and services? When that relationship is identified, you can move towards recommendation and agreement.

When you recognize confirmation and agreement, you ask to move forward, you suggest to move forward, or maybe you just have only to say "shall we do this?"

Aloha.... Tom shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Something I like to do is ask them up front is when they are looking to make a decision. They usually tell me either now or two months or next year. I will get them to explain their decision making process and ask them what their targets are (what features are most important to them or what benefits are most important to them) and I sell against their targets.

This is how I know when to close. - by Andrea
Timing is very important. From contacting the prospect at the right time to following up at the right time to closing at the right time - i.e. when the customer is giving you buying signals...

Last thing you want is to contact a customer when they have just bought from your competitor... or waited to long to follow up etc.

Sometimes the sales cycle is longer term yet you have to keep up the "tension" and you gotta keep up your visibility but not in an overly intrusive way. That is where creativity meets timing.

Just some of my thoughts...
All good stuff, Andrea. - by Ace Coldiron
Timing. I try to structure my process so that timing of the close becomes a part of a cadence.
I've heard that very same metaphor used at a conference I attended once which consisted of a handful of the top producers in my trade. Haven't heard it since. YOU and your self-deprecating sense of humor can't hide the fact that you're a real pro, Rattus. - by Ace Coldiron
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.