Home > Resistance > Objection vs. Condition of Sale

Objection vs. Condition of Sale

How would you describe the difference between an objection and a condition of sale? - by Community Mailbox
How would you describe the difference between an objection and a condition of sale?
An objection results from a weakness or limitation within the selling proposition.

A condition exists from a weakness or limitation from the circumstances surrounding the selling proposition.

When I'm referring to the selling proposition, I mean "as it is conveyed" to the prospect.

In the absence of Value within the proposition, both issues are moot. - by Ace Coldiron
To me, an objection is a buyer saying they don't kNOw enough to say yes. That is, you left something out or left something unanswered.

A condition of sale for me is that it has to be delivered by next Tuesday at 3pm. - by jdedwa11
If I get your meaning correctly, I would suggest that a 'condition of sale' is a buying signal and an objection (looking positively) is a request for information / reassurance / value emphasis or time. - by marky
How would you describe the difference between an objection and a condition of sale?
I can see why there is a semantics issue. I went back and looked at the original question. It says "condition of sale". Normally "condition" when used to differentiate from "objection" involves circumstances as in my post. But "condition of sale" could also mean something that has to be "met" in order for the sale to happen.

I'm still wondering about the intent of the question. - by Ace Coldiron
A question I can answer. bdybldr;

A condition is an unchangeable reason why the customer won't or can't buy what you're selling. If the customer doesn't have the ability to pay or repay for what you're selling that would be a condition. - by Seth
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.