Home > Personal Selling > Who Sets Performance Objectives Like This?

Who Sets Performance Objectives Like This?

Imagine for a moment you have been given the task of calling all of your current customers to review the account they have with you. As part of the review you are expected to educate the customer on how best to use your product and suggest ways they might do more business with you for a small to medium increase in cost. Certainly a task that can be done.

But what if you are only considered successful when 75% of the customers you talk with make a change you suggest?

Am I the only one that feels a 75% close ratio just might be an impossible performance objective to complete? - by jdedwa11
But what if you are only considered successful when 75% of the customers you talk with make a change you suggest?

Am I the only one that feels a 75% close ratio just might be an impossible performance objective to complete?
Based only on the information you have provided, I see no reason why a 75% close ratio would not be attainable. I'm taking into account the fact that these are current customers of yours. - by Ace Coldiron
If your product performs as advertised superimposed over customer service superimposed over benefits & ROI it shouldn't be an issue. - by DIAMONDSTAR
The 75% closing ratio will depend upon these things; do you believe in the new product or service and do your clients trust you? - by MPrince
Jerry,

Good question. But I think it's too difficult to answer with this information. There are so many variables - industry, client profiles, other metrics - that it's difficult to say across the board if this is a reasonable expectation.

Skip - by Skip Anderson
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.