Home > Presentation > What is the relationship between the presentation and closing?

What is the relationship between the presentation and closing?

What is the relationship between the presentation and closing?

At what point does closing start? Before, during, or after the presentation? - by Ace Coldiron
In my opinion:

Although closing is a specific step in the sales process, the act of "pre-closing" starts much earlier, often in the needs and desires investigation, or even in the prospecting stage. I'm all for segmenting the sales process (many people I work with are limited their success because they don't segment), but there is overlap to the series of sales steps, including closing.

A journey starts with the first step, even though the journey ends when you get where you're going. Closing the sale also starts early, even though it ends with a prospect agreement to purchase.

Having said that, many salespeople fail to consummate the agreement because they don't do what's required to get the prospect over the hump of resistance at the end which is so common to shoppers. Thus, "the close" has become a sales skill that is important in sales success.

Skip Anderson - by Skip Anderson
I am very much in agreement with Skip's post.

My own definition of closing in sales is "a progression of consent." That consent starts very very early, in my opinion. - by Ace Coldiron
Mee too... but I don't have my own definition yet... :)

Aloha... Tom :cool: ;bg - by rattus58
When I start the conversation I am presenting myself and the company and building a relationship.At this starting point I have started the client towards the sales process of small attempts at closing that allow the client to make great decisions.Small steps towards the ownership exchange and discovering the proper solution.

At this point it becomes the presentation of price and solution carefully guiding the client towards the ownership exchange with me.With my final question asking for the ownership exchange and receiving the authorization.

I like this question. - by rich34232
I am closing through out the presentation process. If I could kill the objections earlier, it will make closing at the end more easy. - by Polysquared
The presentation is suppose to build value in the product or service.

Closing is the act of moving towards the close of the sale by persuading or bringing your product or service together with the prospect to pay you for your product or service.

The two go hand in hand with the goal of trying to establish a perception of value that your product or service is more valuable than their perception of it. Once their perception meets your profit objective you should have a sale if the prospect has the means to pay you. - by Tony_B
Quote "The presentation is suppose to build value in the product or service.

Closing is the act of moving towards the close of the sale by persuading or bringing your product or service together with the prospect to pay you for your product or service.

The two go hand in hand with the goal of trying to establish a perception of value that your product or service is more valuable than their perception of it. Once their perception meets your profit objective you should have a sale if the prospect has the means to pay you."

Could I ask you all a favor?

"When I start the conversation I am presenting myself and the company and building a relationship.At this starting point I have started the client towards the sales process of small attempts at closing that allow the client to make great decisions.Small steps towards the ownership exchange and discovering the proper solution.

At this point it becomes the presentation of price and solution carefully guiding the client towards the ownership exchange with me.With my final question asking for the ownership exchange and receiving the authorization."

Make this readable for simpletons like myself. If you were sitting in front of me trying to sell me something... I'd be wondering what the heck you're trying to sell me.

Let's see.... Can I paraphrase this properly here...

For Sale...

Beautiflully sculpted magnesium riser, generously adorned with lightening perforations gracefully deflexed to accept the laminated bamboo action limbs powered by a tri-woven carbon core and strung with a fastflight flemish string that are included.

versus

Lightweight deflex design (angled towards shooter) bow handle that mounts a carbon core laminated bamboo limb with a no-stretch flemish string.

versus... lightweight bow with magnesium riser, carbon core bamboo limbs and flemish string.

Why can't we just say that we try to get along with the client and when he's comfortable with us we ask questions meant to find out if he's interested in what we're selling and by asking him as we go along in our interview if he has enough information yet to buy our products.... or somehow maybe more elegantly put.... but hey guys... for me... please keep it simple... thmbp2;

Mahalo.... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.