Home > Personal Selling > The biggest reason why salespeople don't hit their targets

The biggest reason why salespeople don't hit their targets

What do you think is the biggest reason why salespeople don't hit their targets (quotas or goals)? - by Community Mailbox
Assuming the quotas and goals are reasonable and devised by someone qualified to set such goals, the biggest reason for not hitting the goals is lack of competence in selling. However in the cases where competence exists, the salespeople are not talking to enough prospects. - by Ace Coldiron
I think it's because salespeople spend too much time in non-selling activities but here are a few techniques for achieving a sales target. - by Seth
In my opinion, the biggest reason salespeople don't meet their targets is because they don't use the correct sales skills (either they don't use them at all, use them too little, or they use them too infrequently).

Excellence in selling requires:

1. sales skill
2. putting those skills to work often enough to meet target. - by Skip Anderson
I think that they don't have fear of loss and that makes them either lazy or apathetic towards being good.

If you put 20% of your earnings on the line so that you hit a goal, I'm sure you'll hit your ambitious sales goal almost regardless, unless of cou