Home > Prospecting > Lead scoring methods and tools

Lead scoring methods and tools

Do you practice lead scoring? Which methods and/or tools are you using to systematically score and qualify sales opportunities? - by Community Mailbox
Do you practice lead scoring?
I do not.

Like in most endeavours one reaches a point of intuivity. - by Ace Coldiron
I believe that I have already tackled the benefits of it, but let me say it once again. With lead scoring, you can identify the high-valued leads. These are the ones that you need to focus on during a particular marketing campaign or offer since they are also the ones who are going to buy from you. With lead scoring, you can follow the 80/20 principle. This means that 80 percent of the success of your business comes from the mere 20 percent of your total number of leads. - by Team Building FL
I try to keep track of clients that are sent my way by my existing clients. They come to me with some pre-selling already done, and they wouldn't have acted on that pre-selling if they didn't have a positive impression. So I don't want to resell them and bore them, I want to pick up on whatever they already know about my products and services. - by ToddR
I score all the leads / enquiries when they arrive and once again when they enter our opportunity pipeline.

We have identified the 5 key characteristics that we need to see in a profitable client and score each of these out of 5 based on a predetermined scale.

Its our experience that it is rare if we ever win an account that that has a score less than 15 and when the account has a score of 18 or more we focus very hard on winning the account as we know these are the type of clients and accounts that are highly profitable and we repeatable win and beet our competition.

Our methodology may be basic but is works perfectly.
- by Newbus
Do you practice lead scoring? Which methods and/or tools are you using to systematically score and qualify sales opportunities?
To score is to measure. And qualifying is another topic that any true professional needs to be very good at.

I identify opportunities and I leave much of the measuring to my instincts. That said, my method is to hold regular personal strategy sessions. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.