Home > Cold Calling > Suggestions on how to improve cold calling scipt to busy Teachers

Suggestions on how to improve cold calling scipt to busy Teachers

I am currently selling magazine subscriptions to school students and the decision maker is usually the teacher who decides what titles to buy. Since I sell mostly math magazine, my cold calling script basically goes like this
" Good morning, Mrs. XXX,this is Freely, calling from XYZ. I don't know if you have heard of us but we are an education publisher that publishes the flagship magazine for kids aged 10-13. The magazine is an interdisciplinary math mag which helps students extend their learning from the classroom.

I like to schedule a time to meet with you to share ideas on how our magazine can enhance students understanding of math concepts and encourage the use of efficient problem solving strategies.
How's Tue /Thurs at 2pm?"

I need help with this script, any changes and highlights to strengthen the "What's in it for me" factor? - by freely
The only thing I'd change initially is I'd ask her/him if you could schedule a few minutes of their time to get THEIR OPINION on your mathbooks and whether or not it would make sense for their classrooms.

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
For me, the script provides no compelling reason for me to meet with you. There are no concrete numbers provided that link the magazine to better learning results for example. And I am curious if approaching parents would be better than approaching teachers. After all, its the kid and their parents that have the problem that needs to be solved.

Just my thoughts. - by jdedwa11
Hi Jerry & Rattus,
Thank You for your generous inputs and other 'food for thoughts'.
Will revise the script accordingly.

Jerry, are you saying that if we can link the results of the magazine to results in school or math competition, it is a more compelling reason? - by freely
Hi Jerry & Rattus,
Thank You for your generous inputs and other 'food for thoughts'.
Will revise the script accordingly.

Jerry, are you saying that if we can link the results of the magazine to results in school or math competition, it is a more compelling reason?
Yes... link the magazine to the prospects desired results.... linking it to kids doing better than average... or going from below average to above average.... that should help. - by jdedwa11
I'm in agreement with that too. Your publication being linked to benefit of those little skulls full of mush... as rush would say... :)

Aloha... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.