Home > Marketing > Newbie - seeking help on sending enquiry

Newbie - seeking help on sending enquiry

Dear All,

A newbie here, and a newbie to Sales too.

I have been lurking around this forum for the past one week, basically reading various articles and posts by all the Sales experts here. A google search for 'sales forum' landed me here and I think I have come to the right place.

To begin with, I would kindly like to ask your opinion on my current sales situation.

I am basically an IT infrastructure techie, and I know the products am selling, very well (web/video hosting) and can help my leads in picking & designing the right solution for their business needs. Thats my strength. A problem solver first, and a sales guy next. Here is the problem. I've got a decent lead generation system but leads don't know about me. Its not generated via Opt-in list, and you can technically call me a 'spammer'. But thats not what I intend to do. I want to write an email (not a mass mailer, but a personal email written to each of them by me) asking if I can help them with a solution and if they are willing to discuss this ?.

But, so far, the response rate has been poor to pathetic.

Do you think such 'enquiry emails' can be sent a bit differently ? any do's and don'ts ?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks a ton ;bg
Singaboy

- by Singaboy
I'm not the best at sales, but I do know that if someone recieves a sales pitch through email rather than the phone or some other method, they are way less likely to respond due to all of the scams out there. I would never suggest doing business through someone you don't know through email. If you have their number, give them a call! - by ttdub
I see.

I generally have access to their emails, not other contact details. I am more interested in making my letter appear more as a 'problem solving one' (and not any sales pitches - this has yielded poor result and I corrected already) and make them to open, read and reply to me.

Thxs for your comment. - by Singaboy
I see.

I generally have access to their emails, not other contact details. I am more interested in making my letter appear more as a 'problem solving one' (and not any sales pitches - this has yielded poor result and I corrected already) and make them to open, read and reply to me.

Thxs for your comment.
That is going to be your hardest problem: getting them to not thinK of it as a sales pitch because in a way it still is. I honestly think one thing you need to work on if you insist on using email as your way of generating demonstrations is to make your emails look very legitimate as if they are from a prestigious company. - by ttdub
I'll take your inputs. Txs, ttdub ! - by Singaboy
Singaboy, your initial strategy objectives are excellent for a newcomer to sales. I encourage you not to stray from them.

Your challenges are twofold, but I believe you can overcome them and create a viable lead generation system. You need good copywriting in the tradition of direct mail expertise. And--you need to assess your "target" market.

You can PM me and I'll recommend some good sources of info to get you started. - by Ace Coldiron
Singaboy, Get someone impartial to interview you about what you offer that others in your field don't.
Get it transcribed at castingwords dot com
Save it as a .pdf.
Entitle it

'10 things you MUST know about web hosting and video
and how they will affect your business bottom line'

Offer it as a freebie in your emails in exchange for their email (opt in)

Job done - by helisell
Singaboy, your initial strategy objectives are excellent for a newcomer to sales. I encourage you not to stray from them.

Your challenges are twofold, but I believe you can overcome them and create a viable lead generation system. You need good copywriting in the tradition of direct mail expertise. And--you need to assess your "target" market.

You can PM me and I'll recommend some good sources of info to get you started.
I agree with Ace's assessment of your situation and his recommendations.thmbp2; - by Andrea
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.