Home > Cold Calling > Need Advice On How To Get Prospects When Cold Calling...

Need Advice On How To Get Prospects When Cold Calling...

Hello All,

I don't fear talking to people over the phone, my issue is getting the Listings/Sales.

Right now I'm in Training for Yacht Brokering {and It's been almost a year now and still no Listings or Sales}. My trainer have told me what to say and a lot of times I get really close to almost getting listings but when they end-up calling {my trainer} they for some odd reason back-out.

Until this day I don't understand what it is I'm not doing/saying or should be doing/saying to bring the Boat Owners to a Definite "YES". I've really have met some great people over the phone but some are if-ee {not for certain}and some may state they need to discuss it with their spouses and others either ask me to send them an email or call them back sometime in the near future and the others will give the Sales and General Manager a call {My Trainer} and he states they just back-out.

What I'm still not understanding is why the almost "Yes" turns into a no when he states he can get people to say "Yes" in under 2 minutes.. My trainer quotes that "you'll get people like that in this business who'll act as if they do but really don't, as he calls it some may waste your time". Don't get me wrong I don't blame him at all. Just maybe his approach only works for him and I need my on.

Any Advice on a what to do Next?

Thank you
M.DYSON - by M.DYSON
What I'm still not understanding is why the almost "Yes" turns into a no when he states he can get people to say "Yes" in under 2 minutes.. My trainer quotes that "you'll get people like that in this business who'll act as if they do but really don't, as he calls it some may waste your time". Don't get me wrong I don't blame him at all. Just maybe his approach only works for him and I need my on.

Any Advice on a what to do Next?
Ask your trainer to pick up the phone and demonstrate getting yes's in two minutes.

Then simply do what your trainer does.

Of course if he can't do what he/she claims, it's time to get another trainer.

Either way you get a hugely valuable lesson--if you catch my drift. - by Ace Coldiron
Maybe add a question like.....

I am curious to know, what solution would my services have to provide for you to be serious about working with me?

And maybe follow up with....

If it is possible for us to provide that solution, when can we discuss you working with us in more detail?

The goal.... get them to talk more by asking better questions... better questions leads to better relationships... which should lead to the listings you desire. - by jdedwa11
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.