Home > Referrals > You Know When...

You Know When...

You know when a water pipe breaks in a person's house and the water from the pipe ruins a bunch of their stuff? I give them the money they need to replace their old stuff with new stuff.

OR

You know when a person driving without insurance hits and injures a person? I step in and pay the money needed to cover the hurt person's medical bills and lost wages.

What's your "You know when..." statement? - by jdedwa11
That is an excellent job of painting a picture Jerry. Do you have any other gems to pass along? - by Swamprat
You know when a water pipe breaks in a person's house and the water from the pipe ruins a bunch of their stuff? I give them the money they need to replace their old stuff with new stuff.

OR

You know when a person driving without insurance hits and injures a person? I step in and pay the money needed to cover the hurt person's medical bills and lost wages.

What's your "You know when..." statement?
You mean like the "you know when you left your car running while you ran into the store for a pack of cigarettes.... well we'll pay for it if they don't find it or the damage if they do... and your driver ed classes we're gonna require...." or the "You know how you feel in great health all the time... well we're gonna be the ones writing the check just in case your body's been lyin to ya..." and lastly... "you know how them cute little blue eyes and rosy cheeks get you to go to the movies and the park with just a smile.... well some day she's gonna go to college or start a family... and one way or another, we'll be there with a check for her" - by rattus58
can anybody of you explain me what exactly you are talking about!

it will be appreciated! thanks - by Team Building FL
You know you're a redneck when...
1. You take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.
2. You can entertain yourself for more than 15 minutes with a fly swatter.
3. Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.
4. You burn your yard rather than mow it.
5. You think "The Nutcracker" is something you do off the high dive.
6. The Salvation Army declines your furniture.
7. You offer to give someone the shirt off your back and they don't want it.
8. You have the local taxidermist on speed dial.
9. You come back from the dump with more than you took.
10. You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.
11. Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
12. Your grandmother has "ammo" on her Christmas list
13. You keep flea and tick soap in the shower.
14. You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.
15. You go to the stock car races and don't need a program.
16. You know how many bales of hay your car will hold.
17. You have a rag for a gas cap.
18. Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.
19. You can spit without opening your mouth.
20. You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.

Ok... So you know when you just have to "test" that electric fence, we help your family pay for your shipping...;bg

That's what this is all about... little gimmick sayings to explain what you do...

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
I've helped people build businesses in our company as I have by deleting little gimmick phrases. We've replaced them with inquiry with the intent to either qualify or disqualify the other person without using closes or gimmick phrases.

There's always the inclination of these things to want to assert themselves and it's a challenge sometimes to delete them. Of course some people though very few can use them effectively when used with a genuine inquiry.

The best of success to everyone.

MitchM - by MitchM
I've helped people build businesses in our company as I have by deleting little gimmick phrases. We've replaced them with inquiry with the intent to either qualify or disqualify the other person without using closes or gimmick phrases.

MitchM
What would be an example of what you're saying?

Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58
Every conversation is different - my conversations are random yet intended - sometimes I'm calling back a lead or prospect - sometimes it's a general beginning other times it's to the point.

I look at what I do more or less the way an artist does standing in front of a slab of stone or canvus taking in what I see and exploring my own experience and knowledge as I begin to feel my way into the work.

At the same time experience which produces instinct puts to work questions that probe and are direct or purposful when circumvent but without deception.

I find out if someone is hurting and what I have to offer that person will consider and the more I speak heart to heart about life and death the better.
MitchM - by MitchM
can anybody of you explain me what exactly you are talking about!

it will be appreciated! thanks
A "You know when" statement is a way of explaining what one does to a prospect or customer, or in an elevator.

Rather than saying, "I'm a sales trainer" I could use a "You know when" statement:

"You know when a company believes their sales team could be selling a lot more than they are, but they don't quite know what to do about it? Well, that's when I come in and help the sales team actually sell more."

While someone may dismiss a "You know when" statement as a "gimmick" (and that same person may dismiss any and every sales technique as a mere gimmick), it is a way for all of us in sales to try to increase understanding and engagement with our prospects rather than just babbling random words.

That's what we're talkin' bout, Team Building FL!!! - by Skip Anderson
A "You know when" statement is a way of explaining what one does to a prospect or customer, or in an elevator.

Rather than saying, "I'm a sales trainer" I could use a "You know when" statement:

"You know when a company believes their sales team could be selling a lot more than they are, but they don't quite know what to do about it? Well, that's when I come in and help the sales team actually sell more."

While someone may dismiss a "You know when" statement as a "gimmick" (and that same person may dismiss any and every sales technique as a mere gimmick), it is a way for all of us in sales to try to increase understanding and engagement with our prospects rather than just babbling random words.

That's what we're talkin' bout, Team Building FL!!!
Well that's pretty clear... you'll likely end the thread with the last word on this though... ;bg Now don't you feel bad fer clarity.....:dun

Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58
Clarity is my friend! But there's no reason to stop the thread! Let's hear some more "you know when" statements! That was the original intent of the thread, I believe.

Best,

Skip - by Skip Anderson
Clarity is my friend! But there's no reason to stop the thread! Let's hear some more "you know when" statements! That was the original intent of the thread, I believe.

Best,

Skip
I was bein facetious ..... sn;

The problem is the Lurkers... a word i learned the other night...

A friend of mine... one of about 3 I have... said that you have givers and takers in forums... those that contribute and those that suck up the information without benefitting the rest.. like government almost... redistribution of wealth

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
Consumers know instinctively for the most part when the salesman is using anything as a gimmick to make a sale - it'a as ancient as the Bible BUT Adam was not paying attention to the right things.

I know someone needs and wants what I'm offering regardless of what I sell through a simple inquiry process and follow-up and building up a sales team that way insures success.

Sales techniques as everyone knows can be a gimmick and not all gimicks have negative connotations to them - but most do.

I've helped distributors with our company build multi million dollar businesses based on every principle I've ever posted whether understood or not by the reader and whether I've been 100% clear about these principles in my posts.

So much babbling random words come in the form of what looks good, reads good, gets heads nodding good, but in the end stinks.

Likewise, so much babbling random words that come across from time to time as nothing but mere babbling random words have sold millions and made an impact in a big way.

The best of success to all.

MitchM - by MitchM
Consumers know instinctively for the most part when the salesman is using anything as a gimmick to make a sale - it'a as ancient as the Bible BUT Adam was not paying attention to the right things.

I know someone needs and wants what I'm offering regardless of what I sell through a simple inquiry process and follow-up and building up a sales team that way insures success.

Sales techniques as everyone knows can be a gimmick and not all gimicks have negative connotations to them - but most do.

I've helped distributors with our company build multi million dollar businesses based on every principle I've ever posted whether understood or not by the reader and whether I've been 100% clear about these principles in my posts.

So much babbling random words come in the form of what looks good, reads good, gets heads nodding good, but in the end stinks.

Likewise, so much babbling random words that come across from time to time as nothing but mere babbling random words have sold millions and made an impact in a big way.

The best of success to all.

MitchM
Mitch, "you know when" is merely a form of saying "Here's an example of what I do." I don't think it's gimmicky. I don't use it--but so what--everybody chooses different words when communicating. - by Ace Coldiron
Thanks Ace - I didn't know the lingo and how it was used - my ignorance on that - I see.

The best to everyone.

MitchM - by MitchM
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.