Home > Personal Development > What 4 or 5 things do you do each and every day to be successful?

What 4 or 5 things do you do each and every day to be successful?

What 4 or 5 things do you do each and every day to be successful? - by jdedwa11
Wake up...
Excercise
Have Breakfast
Review my planner
gather the items I need for my next meeting
(chalk board)
(crayons)
(brochures and price lists)
(the paperwork for selling)

or

Siteseller
(business owner paperwork to adopt a cafeteria plan)

I want, I desire, I relish the day
To be able to work so I can go out and play
I love that I have somewhere to go
I love that I might even make me some dough

Aloha.... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
first thing to do is to reflect few minutes about yourself....
your relationship in the world....
you are part of the whole universe....and your independent self has no meaning without being part of universal self.
a few minutes of meditations help
move your day with thoughts so arranged..... - by peekay
For me, it's to wake up in a positive and useful frame of mind. People ask me at work how my day is and I'll always respond;
"excellent", "fantastic", "awesome", "if it was any better I'd be arrested".

All success is, is when opportunity meets being prepared. - by MrCharisma
The first thing I do is look at my checking account balance lagh2; - by Polysquared
sleep... pray... eat... call...

I try not to think because thinking gets me in trouble... ;-) - by Andrea
Eat Breakfast.
Prospect.
Follow up and quote.
Make a prospecting list for the next day.
Go over the events of the day.

Sometimes the times that I set up for myself may differ. However, I always make the time to do each one of these 5 things. - by salesfist
Wake up and pray that God will give you the wisdom to be successful, strong, and fair. The business world can easily corrupt a person, but with God on your side, you can not only be successful but help others to do so. - by sunpacksales
Focus on the big picture/vision.
Realize it can't happen today.
Keep moving courageously toward the vision.
Be fully engaged with everyone I speak with.
Don't worry about the results or how people respond.

Remember that the Tortoise finished the race, but also got to enjoy the scenery along the way.

pc - by papacoach
I like this question.

I look at my day as I am coming to work instead of going to work. A great attitude and frame of mind makes the day go fantastic.

On my mirror I have a saying and it is Glad I did or wish I had. This means to take the leap and do what I need to do in order to accomplish what is in the best interest of my client and organization.

I then have coffee with my wife and we have a great chat before the day starts. - by rich34232
What 4 or 5 things do you do each and every day to be successful?
Something my father drilled into me when I was a young boy. DO THE NEEDFUL.

Whether or not 4, 5, or more things, I DO THE NEEDFUL.

It is an expression that dates back centuries and has many contexts--even parodies, but I know what my father meant.

Some things need to be done. Some things need to be examined. Some things need to be addressed. Some things need to be solved. And just importantly in all areas of life, some things need to be said. - by Gary A Boye
Some things need to be done. Some things need to be examined. Some things need to be addressed. Some things need to be solved. And just importantly in all areas of life, some things need to be said.
Excellent!

Here is something unrelated but useful that I use for motivation-

No Intention + No Action = No Change
Intention + No Action = Regret
No Intention + Action = Chaos
Intention + Action = Preferred Change

pc - by papacoach
Some good thoughts above.
I will add that I start it with a prayer and end it with a thank you. Then during the day I would look at my reminder to,"Do It Now."

Tom - by tomboleware
All of the above are great mental exercises but is it not about action? Salesfist hits the spot for me.

Identifying and qualifying prospects, speaking to them, picking up the phone, being busy with customers and potential customers, fact finding to uncover future opportunities.

All of which has to be done with the right mental attitude. - by Mike Cooper
1) TAKE MASSIVE ACTION:

Sitting at a coffee shop making plans for your prospecting is not actually getting your prospecting done. You can’t put off your prospecting until later. Do it first thing in the morning and give yourself a block of time on your planner that you absolutely must do EVERY DAY. If an “emergency” pops up during your prospecting time, you must ignore that “emergency” until your prospecting time is completed.

2) FOCUS ON GIVING VALUE:

Give away something that has a perceived value to your prospects. If you’re selling food items to a restaurant, give them free recipes they can use in their restaurant. If you’re selling products to a dry cleaner, bring some free hangers. Use your imagination. Don’t think about what you can get. Think about what you can give.

3) FOCUS ON THE LONG-TERM CUSTOMER VALUE:

There’s nothing more frustrating to me when a salesperson is only focused on the quick sale. They’ll tell you half-truths and make outrageous promises they know they can’t keep just to make a quick dollar. It’s much easier and more profitable to be able to focus on what that customer can give you over the long term than it is to focus on the instant gratification.

4) RE-EVALUATE WHAT HAPPENED:

So you blow a sales presentation. The prospect gets mad at you. Calls you names, etc. You can’t worry about that. You can only benefit from re-evaluating what happened in the situation. Re-evaluate everything! Not just the negative experiences. Figure out what you did right!

5) PLAN THE NEXT DAY:

Spend a few moments before bed planning your plan of attack for the next day. It’s best to do it before bed because then when you get up in the morning, you can just jump right into your to-do list without thinking about what you need to do first. You don’t have to worry about lost productivity time in figuring out what’s most important to start off your day.

Mike Mangus - by mikemangus
Look at my goals I have written down and say them aloud... 4-5 times a day. - by Kapture1
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.