Why Don't They Buy...

The most common reasons are:

No money
No caring
No understanding
No need
No trust
No hurry

Which one do you find gets in your way most often?

Share a bit about your situation and give the forum members a chance to share insight and wisdom that may help you make more sales. - by jdedwa11
I don't have a clue. I never know if its
No money
No caring
No understanding
No need
No trust
No hurry

It's usually coming down to NO!

Whatever it is, if its one of those, you the saleman have not done your job in questioning, qualifying, exploring, identifying your client and his situation adequately.

Probably 3/4 of the folks I talk to aren't interested at the outset, of the remaining 25%, I'd say that 3/4 are invested in the meeting. So if I see 100 people probably 18 or so become my clients. No interest would be the predominent factor in the way I DO BUSINESS... However, I see these people every year, over and over, and attrition takes its toll, and by that I mean, the folks with no interest eventually become interested because of claims that get paid or someone out of work that we pay money to till they come back to work.

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
Depends on your type of sales. If you are in Direct sales going B2B and such it may be one of those reasons. If you are at a car dealership or such for example, they don't buy because of the salesperson a majority of the time. - by jrboyd
I would say they are not in a hurry, most people I talk to intend to buy and like my presentation and products but have things they want to put money on instead. Molly, wanted to get her house first, Matthew, wanted to buy his truck, Mandy, switched to a competitor because she told me that from the amount of times she would use my product she preferred a less quality cheaper brand. - by ronniebryan
Are these 'No's' in response to a closing question...something along the lines of...

'OK Mr Prospect....based on....what we've discussed here and taking into account your positive response....would you like to go ahead on some basis?'

Or are these 'NO's' something that happens before you get to that point? - by helisell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.