Home > Approach > Sales Query

Sales Query

Hi

I am a young enterpreneur who has started a market research company . I am facing tough time in sales even though we can offer very low cost and smart service to our clients.
I have the following queries.

1. As we are a start up company we generally try to approach other start ups ,middle sized (20-50 employee) companies around the world for getting projects. Is this the right strategy?.

2. Current sales Strategy:

a) We email our business proposal and then call them for a followup .Many of the times ,the telephone exchange says us to email the business proposal to an email address and we do so. Should we request her to fix an appointment with the relevant person?.If not her, who is the right person. How shall we move a call after the operator.

b) Sometimes we are able to speak to the right person but after sending the business proposal we do not get a positive reply. The reason we apprehend is that we are not able to build up complete trust in clients eye. How to build this trust ?

Waiting for your replies and suggestions,

Thanks in anticipation
Sandeep - by sandyiitr2003
Hi

I am a young enterpreneur who has started a market research company . I am facing tough time in sales even though we can offer very low cost and smart service to our clients.
I have the following queries.

1. As we are a start up company we generally try to approach other start ups ,middle sized (20-50 employee) companies around the world for getting projects. Is this the right strategy?.

2. Current sales Strategy:

a) We email our business proposal and then call them for a followup .Many of the times ,the telephone exchange says us to email the business proposal to an email address and we do so. Should we request her to fix an appointment with the relevant person?.If not her, who is the right person. How shall we move a call after the operator.

b) Sometimes we are able to speak to the right person but after sending the business proposal we do not get a positive reply. The reason we apprehend is that we are not able to build up complete trust in clients eye. How to build this trust ?

Waiting for your replies and suggestions,

Thanks in anticipation
Sandeep
First, although you mention strategy more than once, none of what you are describing constitutes strategy.

What is the basis for submitting your "proposal"? A proposal comes as a result of either a request for proposal, or some form of needs analysis which would hardly be possible if you are not already working with the "right person".

A proper understanding of selling and a viable sales process is absolutely necessary regardless of your other skills.

I suggest you educate yourself in selling. You can get some help here if you become more specific in your posts. - by Ace Coldiron
I would encourage you to talk to the client first.... help them discover if they have a problem you can help them solve.... and if they really want to solve that problem... then move to the proposal phase. Sending a proposal is putting the cart before the horse. - by jdedwa11
Thanks for you reply

We have also tried talking to them first. On the call following things happen:

1. When we say to forward the call in the sales and marketing office of the company, the exchange operator says to introduce ourself and asks us the purpose of our call. After hearing she says us to write an email to the person/dept email id. So we fwd the email to that address. On this email we write -- About us,what we can offer and what are the differentiated benefits our service will provide to them as compared to other vendors. We also attach a introduction document along with which has everything about our company ,methodology,charging etc.
Is it the right way or should be done in different way?

2. In small companies ,we are able to direcly talk to the relevant person. We get the same reply as above in the case of operator.

If this is the case where does the cold calling stage of fixing the appointment with the person comes. With whom the cold calling should be done?

Regards
sandeep - by sandyiitr2003
My opinion is that you should be calling ONLY for the appointment to share ideas and get their opinion of what you have to offer.

Much Aloha,

Tom shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.