Home > Cold Calling > I am boring people, I am boring myself! lol

I am boring people, I am boring myself! lol

Ok, i am the kind of person that once i get the message right i just go for it, but there is a message i just cant get right, its too long, its not 'punchy' enough, it bores me and i have no confidence in it; Can you perhaps have a read of it and any suggestions or constructive critisisms will be gratefully received.

Hi

I am looking to speak with someone regarding IT Managed services, would you be the correct person to speak with?

My name is Rebecca i work for ......
we have found that many IT departments are facing cuts in budgets and worse case scenario a cut in staffing which is putting an obvious strain on the service management efficiancy offered to the business.

This is one of the reasons companies start to look at managed services, it enables them to improve their service management efficiancy and devote more time to other more pressing internal process and developments.
This is something that one of our clients .... took advantage of, they were able to quanitfy it as a saving of 80k in one year.

Have you considered implimenting managed services before?

thats it really, even writing it out bored me!
I want to gain meetings with these people to be able to put forward the offering, not bore them to tears and ruin their day (and mine in the process! lol)

All the prospecting i am doing is to build my own set of accounts, so its important i get the message right at the off as they will be speaking to me for years to come hopefully! - by Beki28
Ok, i am the kind of person that once i get the message right i just go for it, but there is a message i just cant get right, its too long, its not 'punchy' enough, it bores me and i have no confidence in it; Can you perhaps have a read of it and any suggestions or constructive critisisms will be gratefully received.

Hi

I am looking to speak with someone regarding IT Managed services, would you be the correct person to speak with?

My name is Rebecca i work for ......
we have found that many IT departments are facing cuts in budgets and worse case scenario a cut in staffing which is putting an obvious strain on the service management efficiancy offered to the business.

This is one of the reasons companies start to look at managed services, it enables them to improve their service management efficiancy and devote more time to other more pressing internal process and developments.
This is something that one of our clients .... took advantage of, they were able to quanitfy it as a saving of 80k in one year.

Have you considered implimenting managed services before?

thats it really, even writing it out bored me!
I want to gain meetings with these people to be able to put forward the offering, not bore them to tears and ruin their day (and mine in the process! lol)

All the prospecting i am doing is to build my own set of accounts, so its important i get the message right at the off as they will be speaking to me for years to come hopefully!
Hi Beki.... :)

I'm not a trainer. I'm basically a novice in selling, I've just been in it a long time. I do a lot of cold calling. You've mentioned your script is boring.. If its boring to you, it'll be boring to those you call, if for no other reason that you project your enthusiasm,

I think that the object of the call is to get the appointment, so I focus only on that. I might have to touch on what I do, of course, but I want to explaine it in his office where we can concentrate on HIM/HER and whether or not we can have a positive impact on the client and their business.

I ask for an appointment in order to get their opinion. I'll ask for it sometimes by saying would you mind helping me out by giving me your opinion on a voluntary employee benefit plan that we'd like to share with you and see if something like this might benefit you and your employees. I generally ask for an appointment that morning or afternoon, depending on where they are located, after that statement.

For me, I'm pretty blunt... if the decision maker I'm talking to gives me the usual what's this all about routine more than once, I'll nicely tell them, paraphrasing now, "Sir/Maam, I'm trying to sell you my products and services and neither you nor I will do the idea justice if we don't sit down together and see if it will benefit you and your company. If, theoretically, I had just what you wanted for your company, you'd want to have all the facts in front of you in order to evaluate its relevance to your company wouldn't you... or do you just want to sign up with me now on the phone?"

I'm not good at cute.... You very well might be great at it, but I do whatever I can to focus ONLY on the appointment, employers saying on the phone to me, "hey... AFLAC... I want to do that.. or yeah... I want to hear about that !" happen only every couple of hundred calls or so... but they happen. The rest of the time its getting the appointment without getting into details over the phone.

All this aside, if I'm getting resistance to the face to face, I might ask, "Ok... if we do this over the phone, here now, would you be in position to make your decision now on the phone so all I'd have to do is come over and have you sign the necessary documents to get started?"

Be yourself, would be my advise.... focus on the meeting/appoinment, would be my advise. Keep the prize in sight at all times... Don't be afraid to express your wishes.

My two centavo's.....

Much Aloha.... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Hi Beki28,

I am in the same business, let me know how you make out. I'm here in an attempt to improve my message and learn learn learn. - by accountguy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.