Home > Cold Calling > Request for feedback!

Request for feedback!

This is my first job that I have ever had to find prospects and to be honest I am getting quite frustrated. I sell managed services (outsourced IT solutions) to small business, or I should say I am supposed to be selling. We get semi targeted lists from infousa and I import them and pick up the phone.
I could sure use some help getting my script together, personally I think it is long winded. I recieve a better response from just sending out random emails. Thanks in advance.

Hi Prospects Name this is accountguy from save you money tech am I catching you at a bad time?

Yes: When would be a better time to call you back?

Whatís this regarding? Iíd like to describe the service we provide and typically in the first 90 seconds of the call youwill be able to decide if this is for you or not. If your open to hear about great, if not thatís great to.

No: The reason for my call is we provide a service to maintain and manage small business technology. A lot of businesses out there are frustrated with their technology.

(here is where I am uncertain, one person said for me to have a third party pain story, which I really don't like doing)

Let me give you quick example of what I mean.

3rd party story: met with so and so and they are experiencing all this pain

(or this is the other technique another person told me)

2 things we find: Businesses paying a large salary to a fulltime person to perform tasks that can easily be done remotely or could be automated, blah blah blah.

Iím kind of rambling here but does what I am saying make sense!

Prospects Name our solution is a flat-rate monthly service that provides around-the-clock, 24/7 monitoring and automated maintenance of your network and computer systems to prevent problems before they interrupt your business. This includes desktop maintenance, disk defragging, drive space monitoring, Microsoft patch management, ensuring your antivirus is running and updating, security scanning for hackers on your network, backup verification. The plan also includes unlimited remote support to respond quickly to problems and keep your team productive. We call this the Essential Solutions plan, because it provides your business with everything needed to ensure worry free computing.

Does that make sense?

Prospects name we also have options for antivirus, antispyware, backup solutions and we even provide helpdesk support for users that may need help or have questions about MS word, excel, etc. But you can pick and choose the options you want that meet you needs and budget.

What Iíd like to do is send you information on the service and how it works and schedule a time to follow-up with you so we can go over it together and I can answer any questions you may have.

Is that fair enough? Sound alright?

Prospects Name whatís your email address?
By the way how many computers do you have?
How many servers do you have?

Do you prefer mornings or afternoons?
This week or next week?

That's what I have.:dun Let me have it! I really need to get this working. All input is much appreciated!

Have a great day! - by accountguy
My goal is to get a prospect to do a "try before you buy". This is a free assessment that we provide so the prospect can see what the management tool can do. The information I sent them goes over what the tool can do, how their company benefits from it's use and has the offer for the free no obligation assessment.

During the assessment we generate a custom report to show them all the things that are wrong with their network (security issues, missing patches, etc.) The tool also generates a very useful hardware / software asset report that shows them everything they own. So the prospect actually comes away with something tangible. This also demonstrates how the tool can automate all the tasks that they are paying a person by the hour to do and we make suggestions to improve performance. A follow-up meeting is scheduled to go over the report which is when I would like to close the sale. With that said I'm thinking I need to get to the point quicker and build value then get the appointment for the free assessment. Any feedback would be much appreciated. I am still looking to use the outline of the script I posted prior to this.

Thanks in advance. - by accountguy
I'm not a wordsmith and only know what works for me, which is in constant evolution, but I try to stick to several fundamentals. You want to do a try before you buy, and that is what I fixate on making cold calls. We use infousa or directoriesusa for leads ourselves.

You may want to try a much simpler approach since you ultimately want to see them in person anyway, and focus on the appointment. I'm not saying use our approach but we use this fairly successfully, though not as clearly successful as others who get 1 out of two calls.

What we do is ask for an appointment in order to get his opinion of our services. That to me is what you need to do as well, get in front of your client in order to demonstrate your management tool and it's assessment for your client.

We keep the appointment/prize in sight at all times and avoid getting into long discussions over the phone. If you must provide more detail, we do it sparingly and come on back to the appointment so that they can evaluate our services, and see whether or not we can provide a positive impact and if we can't, we will "help them usher us out the door". Is sometime later this morning open that we can share this information/service with you?

Aloha... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
I'm not a wordsmith and only know what works for me, which is in constant evolution, but I try to stick to several fundamentals. You want to do a try before you buy, and that is what I fixate on making cold calls. We use infousa or directoriesusa for leads ourselves.

You may want to try a much simpler approach since you ultimately want to see them in person anyway, and focus on the appointment. I'm not saying use our approach but we use this fairly successfully, though not as clearly successful as others who get 1 out of two calls.

What we do is ask for an appointment in order to get his opinion of our services. That to me is what you need to do as well, get in front of your client in order to demonstrate your management tool and it's assessment for your client.

We keep the appointment/prize in sight at all times and avoid getting into long discussions over the phone. If you must provide more detail, we do it sparingly and come on back to the appointment so that they can evaluate our services, and see whether or not we can provide a positive impact and if we can't, we will "help them usher us out the door". Is sometime later this morning open that we can share this information/service with you?

Aloha... shds; ;bg
I like it! I will give this a go today. Thanks for the advice.

-ag - by accountguy
Hi AG... :)

The approach helps us with what we do, and I'd be delighted if it served you in some way as well.

Aloha... :cool:;bg - by rattus58
Hey Account Guy ... we are pitching for the same thing here so why dont we pool resources!!!

Here is one i have come up with MY problem is that i feel like i am talking AT them not with them..

'Hello my name is Rebecca calling from ...

Do you have two minutes to talk?'

(then the 'when would be a better time' etc!!)

'We are looking to come and have a discussion with people that see the benefit of proactive firewall management (1)

we know that many organisations shy away from managed services because of the pecieved cost and because your environment is going to be very different to the environment of the SMB next door; therefore generally one service does NOT fit all.

What we are looking to do is come and discuss our .... service with you and show how many of our clients all with very different environments have been able to quantify the saving they have made my implimenting this type of management, SO it would be good to see if this service fits your environment and if it too can save you resource and money that you can devote to other more pressing areas of your network.

Is this something that you would like to discuss further?''

ok so thats it, where i bugger up is after the first sentance (1) i want to ask a question to evoke a positive reaction not just talk at someone because their just going to shut down, this is the bit i am struggling with.. although i think i like to pitch as a whole as its simple and hgets to the point of a meeting!

POOL RESOURCES!! - by Beki28
Hello my name is Rebecca calling from ... Do you have two minutes to talk?
Hi Prospects Name this is accountguy from save you money tech am I catching you at a bad time?
I think you are digging yourself a hole with that opening. The prospect is preoccupied when you call. To get them to stop thinking about that preoccupation and start thinking about what you want them to be thinking about you have to grab their attention with something of interest to them. - by Seth
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.