Home > Consumer Behavior > 3 Ways to Lose Customer's Trust and Respect

3 Ways to Lose Customer's Trust and Respect

Everyone knows that gaining your customer's trust and respect is important. Some salespeople might be doing simple mistakes that cost them their customer's trust and respect. What three not so obvious ways do you know of to lose customer's trust and respect? - by Seth
1) Be late for an appointment
2) Don't know your customers business before making a recommendation.
3) Being disorganized.

Aloha... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Bad service,no time concept,i just could thought these. - by jingwen
1) Lying
2) Over promising and under delivering
3) Caught over charging - by Polysquared
Excellent thread and often enough people aren't aware of their wrong doings. Just to add onto something rattus has touched on. I guess the way not to lose trust and respect, would come down to;
* Congruency
* Consistency
* Reliability

In order to be congruent you need to develop four domains
* Self With Self- are you trying to be something you are not?
* Self With Product- you can't get away with faking it, you must believe in your product.
* Self With Organisation- do you accept payments eacg week and then turn around and bag your company? Do you respect the values of your company?
* Self With Profession- do you like being a sales person? - by MrCharisma
1. Bad mouthing the competition.
2. Missing deadlines.
3. Rudeness. - by Andrea
Bad Mouthing the Competition... I didn't anyone would be doing this, but beyond poor form, yes, very bad; attacks judgement of the client among other things and if you're asking to judge you, you want that judgement to be positive.

Aloha... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Would be great to see a counter-thread on how to GAIN customer trust and respect - always more positive to focus on what we as sales professionals CAN do rather than those things we should NOT! :) - by KTB_trainer
Would be great to see a counter-thread on how to GAIN customer trust and respect - always more positive to focus on what we as sales professionals CAN do rather than those things we should NOT! :)
Hi KTB.... I agree. Positive Reinforcement of the right things to do are always a welcome addition to the site. This would be a great thread for someone to start, and it might just as well be yourself....sn;

Much Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58
Here are the 3 steps to avoid customer Losing

Most clients that I work with want to attract new customers. They talk to me because they want to grow their business – increase turnover, sell more products – get greater bottom-line return. But almost all of them are ignoring a significant asset – and tool for growth potential that they already possess – their existing customer base. Pretty much everyone knows the truism that it costs at least 5 to 8 times as much to attract a new customer as it does to sell to the one’s you already have – yet most businesses ignore this lucrative source of new business.

1) Measure your Loss
2) Understand why customers leave
3) Talk to your customers - by Team Building FL
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.