Home > Personal Development > Poll: Who are your sales heros?

Poll: Who are your sales heros?

Whom have you learned your profession from that you admire and absolutely LOVE and find yourself quoting all the time????

For me I LOVE Stephen Covey. The man speaks to everything I believe in. His advice is transcendental and can be used in every part of one's life. Nobody else has had as much impact on my formation as he has. But then again I'm young and I've still got a lot more reading to do ;st - by Andrea
I don't do much quoting but I enjoy reading Feldman, Edwards, Girard, Tracy, Hopkins, Ziglar, Bettger, Sandler, Rackham and Ley. - by Seth
I don't do much quoting but I enjoy reading Feldman, Edwards, Girard, Tracy, Hopkins, Ziglar, Bettger, Sandler, Rackham and Ley.
Stone, Savage, Peale, True, Miller, and there are others... :)

Aloha... Tom shds; ;bg - by rattus58
would it be too much to ask for first names??? - by Andrea
would it be too much to ask for first names???
Not at all. My oversight. :bl
  • Ben Feldman
  • J. Douglas Edwards
  • Joe Girard
  • Brian Tracy
  • Tom Hopkins
  • Zig Ziglar
  • Frank Bettger
  • David Sandler
  • Neil Rackham
  • D. Forbes Ley
- by Seth
Hi Andrea.... :)

Ok... here ya go... Ben Feldman, Joe Girard, Brian Tracy,Tom Hopkins, Zig Ziglar, Frank Bettger, Samuel Clement Stone, John Savage, Norman Vincent Peale, Herb True, and I forgot Miller, He wrote on of the sales books I have with another author. Dale Carnegie is another one that provides timeless guidance.

Much Aloha.... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
So what does it say about me that I only recognize two names in your lists? Zig Ziglar and Dale Carnegie... - by Andrea
So what does it say about me that I only recognize two names in your lists? Zig Ziglar and Dale Carnegie...
Andrea where or who did you learn to sell from? - by Seth
Andrea where or who did you learn to sell from?
Post secondary... I got a Diploma of Technology in Marketing Management which was basically sales... two year full time program 14 years ago... been doing sales since... - by Andrea
Post secondary... I got a Diploma of Technology in Marketing Management which was basically sales... two year full time program 14 years ago... been doing sales since...
How did what you learned in post secondary match up with the sales books you read by your sales hero's. Was it the same information? - by Seth
How did what you learned in post secondary match up with the sales books you read by your sales hero's. Was it the same information?
I learned sales basics in school...
They don't teach Stephen Covey in school (at least not back then) so that was new.

Sales books/articles I read deal more on sales strategy. So that is a bit different. I think strategy is huge. Also how to word certain things or questions to ask etc. I love reading about different ideas on how to do the same thing. I take what applies to my current situation and make it work. - by Andrea
Sales books/articles I read deal more on sales strategy. So that is a bit different. I think strategy is huge. Also how to word certain things or questions to ask etc. I love reading about different ideas on how to do the same thing. I take what applies to my current situation and make it work.
In addition to Zig Ziglar and Dale Carnegie which authors have you learned from? - by Seth
I think strategy is huge.
That puts you in very good company. You may not be able to drop as many names as some, but I sense that you are on a very good, well-defined, career path.

Congratulations on your education thus far.

Never stray from strategy, Andrea. The very best thing about understanding strategy is that so few people do understand it, and it puts you at a huge advantage.

Two books on strategy I would recommend are:
  • Blue Ocean Strategy, by W. Chan Kim and Rene Mauborgne
  • The Art of War The Art of Sales by Gary Gagliardi
The latter book, in my opinion, would suffice as a complete education in sales. It's not for everybody, and that's a good thing.

And, some other advice from an old timer to a very bright young person, Andrea: Look for your hero within.

From you posts, something tells me you'll understand that. - by Ace Coldiron
That puts you in very good company. You may not be able to drop as many names as some, but I sense that you are on a very good, well-defined, career path.

Congratulations on your education thus far.

Never stray from strategy, Andrea. The very best thing about understanding strategy is that so few people do understand it, and it puts you at a huge advantage.

Two books on strategy I would recommend are:
  • Blue Ocean Strategy, by W. Chan Kim and Rene Mauborgne
  • The Art of War The Art of Sales by Gary Gagliardi
The latter book, in my opinion, would suffice as a complete education in sales. It's not for everybody, and that's a good thing.

And, some other advice from an old timer to a very bright young person, Andrea: Look for your hero within.

From you posts, something tells me you'll understand that.
Thanks Ace... I appreciate your feedback. I will check out the books you mentioned. I'm a bit of a book worm but when it comes to sales books I can never seem to finish them. I tend to get exited with the new ideas they present then I just put the book down and start trying them out with much success. thmbp2; - by Andrea
In addition to Zig Ziglar and Dale Carnegie which authors have you learned from?
Umm... I'm reading a book now called
How To Sell, Sell, Sell, and Smash Targets Every Month By Mike Le Put

Also Take this job and love it!: The joys of professional selling by Tim Breithaupt

Plus a bunch of other articles etc. of people I can't remember. - by Andrea
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.