Home > Closing > The more closes you know the better closer you are.

The more closes you know the better closer you are.

"There is a widely accepted belief that the more closes you know the better closer you are. That attests to the fact that salespeople consider closing to be an objective unto itself rather than the natural conclusion to a dialogue about mutual benefits" - D. Forbes Ley

Do you think you knowing a countless number of closes is necessary in personal selling? - by Seth
What do you think about that Seth? - by rattus58
I do not think knowing a countless number of closes is necessary in personal selling. Closes don't sell. - by Seth
I completely agree. Your sales process should lead you towards agreement.

Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
Its hard to be the best closer with out a bunch of closes! I use many on every close. - by Mr. Mike
Its hard to be the best closer with out a bunch of closes! I use many on every close.
Are the closes you mentioned more than just variations of asking for the sale? - by Seth
Are the closes you mentioned more than just variations of asking for the sale?
What do you mean by JUST variations? What do you mean by JUST asking for the sale? That seems to give us some insight into your personal biases.

The word "just" seems to suggest that you personally minimize the importance of having variations of something in your quiver, as well as the importance of asking for the sale.

Does a great quarterback have VARIATIONS about how to get the ball in the endzone? Does a CEO use VARIATIONS about how to start a new corporate initiative? Does a manager have VARIATIONS about how to offer a pat on the back for a job well done? Of course!

So, too, should a salesperson use variations on: creating engagement, identifying needs, presenting product, finding prospects, closing the sale, etc, etc, etc,. Right?

At least that's my opinion!;sm

Skip - by Skip Anderson
The word "just" seems to suggest that you personally minimize the importance of having variations of something in your quiver, as well as the importance of asking for the sale.
I don't think that at all. However, I do believe that a close can do more than simply "ask for the sale". - by Seth
I don't think that at all. However, I do believe that a close can do more than simply "ask for the sale".
My mistake then, Seth.

Skip - by Skip Anderson
My mistake then, Seth.
No problem Skip. I think a lot of people don't understand that closing a sale occurs in two steps (1) overcoming the prospects indecision and (2) asking for the order. - by Seth
Are the closes you mentioned more than just variations of asking for the sale?
I use the assumptive close up to the porch light close, the porch light is by far my favorite and it has the highest percentage of closes that I have been doing. I can't do the porch light right out of the gate because it is like a last bullet attempt to sign someone up today.

A close is kind of like asking for a sale in a since, however I like to think of it as the whole process from start to finish. When my close is at it's highest peek like a roller coaster I ask for the signature right before the coaster leaves the peek, If I get rejected I go right into another close. - by Mr. Mike

So, too, should a salesperson use variations on: creating engagement, identifying needs, presenting product, finding prospects, closing the sale, etc, etc, etc,. Right?
I would have to agree with this... while I do use a "script" when I cold call and there are particular things that I will go through with each potential prospect, I have tried using a "canned pitch" at the beginning and while it works sometimes, it's not as often as I like and I find that if I know more about them by looking at thier website or scanning the net I can use much more of a personal touch and do a better job of coming at them with a helpful approach of aiding them in getting what they want, not just seeming like a salesperson.

Just my two cents! ;co - by lisamom
I use the assumptive close up to the porch light close, the porch light is by far my favorite and it has the highest percentage of closes that I have been doing.
Can you explain the differences? - by lisamom
I think the problem most salespeople encounter is the lack of proper training. They don't master the steps of the sales process, so they then skip some of them or don't complete them properly or they have a suspect instead of a prospect. Then they look for some magical closing technique that will make it all better.

A close is a natural evolution of a proper presentation for a person that genuinely needs your product or service.

If you've follow that formula, the close happens naturally. - by Jim Klein
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.